SASS Wire Forum

Powder, powder EVERYWHERE!

Three Foot Johnson

Locally WST and VihtaVuori N320 are available. CAS shooters nearly out of powder are now restocking, reloading and preparing for 2015 matches. I hope all our favorite powders are in stock by EOT.

Went to the gun show in Richmond VA. today and there must of been 10 vendors selling Bullseye, Red Dot, Titegroup, American Select, and Promo. Only saw 1 pound of Trail Boss though.

Wish there was some in Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. Haven't seen pistol powder here in about 18 months.

Unique, Universal, Tite Group, Bullseye, heck I'll take anything. Unique and Universal are what I use most but at this point, anything...

Oh well, hopefully it will come available before I run out. Think I have enough to last until summer.

TiteGroup! Jackpot!

Haven't seen it for 18+ months, but today while waiting all afternoon for the Super Bowl at my in-laws in Lafayette, LA, I decided to go check out my favorite outdoor store and there on the bottom shelf were 21 jugs of TiteGroup! Bought a couple and hit the door smiling! Had to do a double-take when I first saw them!

I got powder at Grafs Thursday morning. Then went back by and got more powder for a pardner about 11:00 - including 3 small bottles of Clays. He went up after he got off work and they were already sold out of Clays. I've been watching the Grafs website and none of this powder showed up online.

Just getting into this reloading. Pick up some Alliant BE-86 Powder, at a Gun show.

I was wondering if any of you Used this brand before and can help me with the Cowboy load.

I'm going to use Federal Small Pistol match Primer and

38 VS 125gr FP-100 bullets, that I also picked up. I went to their website but its doesn't have any

data on cowboay load

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gunbot showed Clays, Universal Clays and HP-38 in stock at Cabelas today. The Universal Clays and HP-38 is still listed in stock. It appears the logjam is slowly bursting.

Just getting into this reloading. Pick up some Alliant BE-86 Powder, at a Gun show.

I was wondering if any of you Used this brand before and can help me with the Cowboy load.

I'm going to use Federal Small Pistol match Primer and

38 VS 125gr FP-100 bullets, that I also picked up. I went to their website but its doesn't have any

data on cowboay load

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here's where this was discussed just a couple of days ago.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233179#entry3035894

Bottom line, BE-86 is pretty "slow" for a pistol powder, and is best in high-pressure autos and magnum revolvers. Not a great powder for Cowboy loads.

Be better fixed with Clay Dot, Clays, Red Dot, Promo, American Select, Unique, 700-X, Win 231/HP-38, etc.

Good luck, GJ

Found some TB, 700X and 800X at a gun show this weekend, went to hand him my card and . . . he doesn't take plastic he says.

Who the heck doesn't take plastic these days? I was prepared to spend well over $300 on powder and this guy was off-put that I wanted him to live in the modern world.

Needless to say, I left without powder. It was good to see it though. Like seeing an old friend.

So where can I find some TB and HP 38 here in okc. There seems to be nothing around here except all around other places??

Found some Win 231 at H & H Gunshop today, also has WST

Archived