SASS Wire Forum

What's with Scotland?

Old Scatterbrain

Blame the new math, Bugs.

Chicago's been using that "New Math" since the early 50's, perhaps they invented it?

There used to be a noontime kids show on WGN in Chicago called Bozo's Circus. Often Bozo the Clown would challenge his sidekick Cookie to a "Fair and Square Contest" to settle a dispute. It was the perfect learning tool for Chicago's youth because it was exactly like Chicago politics. No matter what the rules were, no matter how fair it appeared to be, it was always rigged so Bozo Won. And that is how the Bozo's thay run Chicago have operated for as many years as you care to research.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then the chance of spotting Nessie is pretty slim, I reckon.

From inside a pub in Edinburgh, 167 miles from Loch Ness.? Yup.:D

It looks like the Scot succession is going down to a flaming haggis of a defeat.

Good to see the lads in da ol' country have retained a little of their sense.

De Ye feel thet vibration in dah groond? That'd be Wallace Spinning in his grave. Scotland has a chance to be free of England and the people ar turnin' it doon. English gold ha made slaves of us all.

Can you say that with a little more Cockney twist, Bob?

My wife's aunt, who lived in Ontario had a rather large picture of

Queen Elizabeth II hanging in her living room.

Perhaps we should all go up to Victoria BC tomorrow and have

HIGH TEA at 4:00 PM at the Empress, to celebrate!

Pick up some fine Scottish woolen goods while there in Victoria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/events/scotland-decides/results

It's over Scotland stays in the UK.

Well Bugs, there goes the World Wide Haggis scheme.

Hoot Mon.

And here I was saving my pennies to open the first Haggis fast food franchise. Thought I'd call if McDougals and mark each restaurant with two golden buttcheeks.

Can you say that with a little more Cockney twist, Bob?

My wife's aunt, who lived in Ontario had a rather large picture of

Queen Elizabeth II hanging in her living room.

Perhaps we should all go up to Victoria BC tomorrow and have

HIGH TEA at 4:00 PM at the Empress, to celebrate!

Pick up some fine Scottish woolen goods while there in Victoria.

The Empress does a nice High Tea. Been there. :)

'Tain't cheap, though... :huh:

But Tomorrow ~ The Games!!! :lol:

The Empress does a nice High Tea. Been there. :)

'Tain't cheap, though... :huh:

But Tomorrow ~ The Games!!! :lol:

You got that right, Hardpan. But then, Victoria is a tourist town and not much is cheap.

You want to see sticker shock, visit one of the SCOTTISH woolen outlets. Some very

interesting stuff though. Maybe a nice plaid tartan, say, perhaps in the Black Watch pattern? A

sporan and nice broach. Dont forget the sgian dubh.

Badger, 'tis my ambition to make my own sporran and sgian dubh. :)

The leatherwork is simple... and as for the sgian dubh, I'm close to being able to fire up my forge... as soon as I can fabricate a stand for the ancient Champion blower. And I now have my Mouse Hole anvil~! ^_^

And I'm hoping to find a kilt maker at the Gathering tomorrow. ;)

Blacksmith2_zps1645820d.jpg

The bagpipes are the only musical instrument ever declared a weapon of war. Ain't never killed anyone I know of but on a foggy morning that sound coming out of the mist has indeed had a lot of guys wetting themselves. The fact that shortly after hearing them the "Ladies from hell" show up might have something to do with it.

The bagpipes are the only musical instrument ever declared a weapon of war. Ain't never killed anyone I know of but on a foggy morning that sound coming out of the mist has indeed had a lot of guys wetting themselves. The fact that shortly after hearing them the "Ladies from hell" show up might have something to do with it.

They usually had some long steel with them.

Bugs, sitting in a class on Psychological Warfare when I was in the U.S. Army, the instructor used the bagpipes as an early form of it. And he used the illustration of the pipes coming through the foggy morning mist towards the enemy line. He also said that it's hard to tell just how far away the pipes are from the listener. I'm afraid I'd be wetting myself too.

I reckon it got the attention of the boys down in New Orleans back in 1815.

It got their attention alright! it gave Andy "By the "Tarnal" Jackson's boys and Jean LaFitte's cannoneers something to aim at before the Brits came out of the mist! The first time I saw the movie starring Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner, as a kid, for the first and probably the only time, I felt bad for the poor Tommies, even though they were supposed to be the enemy.

I love the bagpipes, even though I'm not Scotts or Irish. Probable reason is when I was about 1-1/2, my Dad was assigned to the 42nd ID (Rainbow). Maybe because the numerical designation was the same as the Black Watch, the commanding general decided to have pipe band. Ya canna but march to the pipes! ;)

.......Ya canna but march to the pipes! ;)

Aye, and ya canna but mourn as well.

After all the talk of the Scots, I got to looking at the Welsh, home of my ancestors. Those folks dressed funny back in the day.

They still talk funny.

You want to see sticker shock, visit one of the SCOTTISH woolen outlets. Some very

interesting stuff though. Maybe a nice plaid tartan, say, perhaps in the Black Watch pattern? A

sporan and nice broach. Dont forget the sgian dubh.

Mind if I go with MacLean of Duart?

http://www.kinlochanderson.com/tartan/MacLean%20of%20Duart

I'm partial to the "Ancient Hunting" myself.

http://www.kinlochanderson.com/tartan/maclean-of-duart/ancient-medium-weight-green/MW852

It seems I'm a member of the Clan MacLean by marriage. There is even the clan castle, Duart, on the Isle of Mull

Archived