SASS Wire Forum

It's About Time

DocWard

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/05/23/army-selects-new-camouflage-pattern.html

The U.S. Army is quietly putting the word out to commands that it is replacing its current Universal Camouflage Pattern with a pattern the service has owned for more than a decade.

The Army's senior leadership has selected Scorpion, a pattern similar to MultiCam that was developed around 2002, according to a source with knowledge of the decision.

Sgt. Major of the Army Raymond Chandler III has been briefing senior sergeants major throughout the Army about the new pattern for the Army Combat Uniform, but details are still limited. (continues)

And they're Serious this time. ;)

Solid olive drab was good. Go back to OD. And starch. Remember "breaking starch"?

Nope.

Solid olive drab was good. Go back to OD. And starch. Remember "breaking starch"?

If you did it carefully enough the creases would stay all day. Loved it.

If you did it carefully enough the creases would stay all day. Loved it.

As long as you didn't have to do any actual work. :D :D

I remember ironing my BDUs which had on the label that they were not to be starched. Many still did, but I didn't. A little "sizing" usually.

I once had an officer give me grief because of the lack of creases in my BDUs. Told me I should starch them. I said the label said not to starch them. He responded that he was telling me to starch them. I asked "So you're ordering me to disobey regulations regarding the proper care and keeping of the uniform, Sir?" (I wasn't even sure there was such a reg. under 670-1at the time.) He replied "Yes!... No!... Awww... Dammit... Do what you want." And walked away in a huff. His uniform always looked immaculate, but I never had a lot of respect for him as an officer, not just for that reason.

Sounded just like velcro coming apart. :D

Left: ACU Camo

Right: Polish Army Camo

140603-us-army-poland-6a-story_fdf2765e1

just don't know how we ever won WWII since we didn't have the proper attire…come to think of it... Have we won a single war since we have had "proper" attire...?

just don't know how we ever won WWII since we didn't have the proper attire…come to think of it... Have we won a single war since we have had "proper" attire...?

Ran, there's the old military axiom: "The army with the ugliest uniform wins the war."

Archived