SASS Wire Forum

Just a Question NorthTexas Shooters

three by eight

Just wanted to get a feel of how many Cowboy Shooters who live in the North Texas area (Ft Worth, Decatur, Denton, etc.) would be interested in shooting, if there was an interested gun range centrally located.

Thank You Mark or "Three by Eight"

Howdy:

There are a lot of good clubs, if you go to the Fort Parker Patriots web site on the left side is a link and from there click maps of Texas clubs. We would like to have you come out and shoot with us

Lefty Wheeler

http://www.oldfortparkerpatriots.com

Just wanted to get a feel of how many Cowboy Shooters who live in the North Texas area (Ft Worth, Decatur, Denton, etc.) would be interested in shooting, if there was an interested gun range centrally located.

Thank You Mark or "Three by Eight"

Central to NE TX would be great. Greenville was pretty ideal for Paris, Sulphur Springs, Rockwall, Bonham, etc shooters, but the range just suffered weather related problems. Bar-3 is about it locally, which is great and hard to beat in any sense, however if shooter has that weekend to work and/or shooter wants another fairly close range a given month, they need another. The range at Leonard has great possibilities, but much in the building stage currently, and for me and those east of me, not ideal considering drive and again, weather (mud). Keep the idea going.

Lefty not looking a for a club Thank you . Just wanting to kind of get a feel for it us North Texas shooters have to drive a long ways to shoot .Ran across some thing just kicking this around

Thanks

3x8

Billy is right. I Still shoot up at Greenville and will til sharpshooter are gone.I like targets out a bit Farther then a lot of other shoots. But just kicking this around

Thanks

CVV is scheduled to shoot this weekend. There is a club shooting each weekend within 1 1/2 hour drive of the metroplex. Another club in the area would only step on the toes of an established club and IMHO would hurt attendance at both clubs.

10 Horns are shooting a 2 day at Top Gun in LeonMerry Christmas

Merry Christmas Yusta B. What club is close to you and when do they shoot next. Does Pampas still have a cowboy action shoot? I plan on shooting Magnolia again this year.

Respectfully,

Wizard

With so many clubs in North Texas now.

Not sure another one would do good. Just make each one smaller.

And what weekend are you gong to pick that is not already taken by 2 clubs??

What you are talking about would be closer for me than most clubs. BUT.

Other clubs are already set up and running.

Plus. It sounds like you like those smaller and farther targets that don't get much attendance.

Not sure what you go in mind is going to pull in many like that.

Ok Guys lets start all over. I am Just asking a Question "Not starting a club" "Not moving targets out " my Gosh... I'm not trying to get a pissing match going. A lot of shooters now a days can't afford to drive 100-150 miles to shoot or can't buy a lot of ammo or to have 4 guns to play our game. I shoot some SASS now days, but more NCOWS. I like that a shooter can bring a pistol and a rifle and have FUN to start out; as time goes on they can get more guns a little at a time or a little more ammo. A family member found a place in the Decatur, Denton, North Ft Worth Triangle area that would be a nice spot. In my 12yrs of Cowboy shooting, I've seen a lot of good people stop shooting because they got laid off or lost their jobs. I'm tired of the "politics" of clubs members, rudeness of shooters and club leaders. I shoot to have FUN !!! Leave the stress at work or home. Do you all remember when you started out Cowboy Shooting..it was Fun!! I overheard a shooter from the DFW area, about 4yrs ago, tell a new shooter say away from the SASS Wire-way too much bull#&@^. I'm starting to believe him a whole lot. So...I was JUST Asking a Question.

Mark

aka: Three by Eight, Two by Four, and a host of other alias'

Listen to Texita. The Shortgrass Rangers put on an awesome shoot and I've never met a bad apple in the whole bunch of shooters. Best of all they set their targets out so they're a bit of a challenge and once you have to engage the squirrels, you'll know you've been challenged!

Cholla

WOW three by eight.

Don't see where anyone was getting out of line.

YOU asked a question for opinions. People gave it.

You do not ask for only those that agreed with you to only give a positive opinion.

What weekend???

Who's going to run it????

What type of targets and distance are you going to have???

All things that people need to know before they can say if they would support a club or not.

You said you was not starting a club. SO, What are you talking about. Just a place to go plink??

Anvil Al.

Who only tried to give you a honest opinion. To a question YOU asked us to.

Here we have another case of someone not liking the response to their question so they attack the responders.

First off, why ask about a SASS club when you don't want to run it as a SASS club?

Why get on the SASS Wire and make negative comments about SASS members?

Why tell folks that you USED to have fun...and assume that we USED to have fun...and that WE need to make changes...or imply that we need to make changes in order to have FUN again????

Why attack this Forum? Because here on the WIRE you got answers from a WIDE range of people rather then just the opinions from those that you hang around that also share you apparent negative feelings about the current state of SASS...???

Believe it or not, not everyone thinks just like you.

Phantom

Here we have another case of someone not liking the response to their question so they attack the responders.

First off, why ask about a SASS club when you don't want to run it as a SASS club?

Why get on the SASS Wire and make negative comments about SASS members?

Why tell folks that you USED to have fun...and assume that we USED to have fun...and that WE need to make changes...or imply that we need to make changes in order to have FUN again????

Why attack this Forum? Because here on the WIRE you got answers from a WIDE range of people rather then just the opinions from those that you hang around that also share you apparent negative feelings about the current state of SASS...???

Believe it or not, not everyone thinks just like you.

Phantom

That's it in a nut shell. The wire will give you an opinion. Like it or not you asked for it. I have been shot down more than once but to me I got what I wanted. People's opinions. There isn't anyone on this wire that shot me down or had my back that I wouldn't like to meet in person and continue the conversations. Also if you want an honest answer be fair and ask an honest question with as much info as possible.

Guest Tommy Reb

Hello 3 X 8. Always enjoy shooting CD with you at Greenville.

Here is my geographical situation. It probably fits no (or very few) other shooters, but none the less here it is.

I'm located in Canton, so I am sort of "in the seam" between North and Northeast Texas. The ranges that I deem as close enough for me to regularly attend are Brownsboro, Tyler (currently shutdown), Greenville (now Leonard), and Oakwood. So I currently get to shoot 4 matches per month - Brownsboro, 1st Sat.; Greenville, 2nd Sat.; Oakwood, Mon. after 2nd weekend; and Greenville, Sat. of last full weekend. Hopefully, the matches at Leonard will continue the Greenville schedule so I can continue this pattern. Leonard is on the edge of my self imposed "reasonable" driving limit of about 75 miles one way. I know there are some other fine ranges in the general area, but outside that limit, that I could decide to attend, but for now, that's my limit. NCOWS is not an option for me since virtually none of my equipment meet their requirements.

So, just from my personal prespective, I would love to see another range in the general area of Canton that shoots on the third Saturday. There is a private club very near Canton that has express some interest, but I am doubtful the interest is adequate to actually make something happen. In addition, that club would be interested in Cowboy mainly as a profit center to support other club activities and facilities. Nothing wrong with that, but, in my view, the best possible situation is a Cowboy only club with their own range that can operate as a "not for profit" organization, just cover cost. I realize that arrangement is often not possible and I am glad we have commercial ranges and large, multi-use clubs available.

I happen to have access to land. Would just need all the other stuff!!! Anyway, I'm not complaining. Getting to shoot 4 times a month at good ranges with good pards is not to shabby in my book.

TR

Archived