SASS Wire Forum

44 magnum single action

Dawg Hair, SASS #29557

from the photos it looks like the cylinders are counter sunk like the EAA bounty hunters....anybody know for sure if thats the case?

The picture in their webpage show a non fluted cylinder and the grip appears to be slightly oversized, but that may be not the case.

OMV's and EAA Virginian Dragoons in .44 Mangle-em, YES! Colt's SAA's and similar sized sixguns in that caliber, NO! When loaded with .44 Extra-Long Russian ammo (that's sub-1000 ft/sec loads in a .44 Magnum cartridge case, and maybe 215 gr bullets max) there is nothing wrong with an Old Model Vaquero. Shoots the same as .44-40's loaded to the same level.

I've got a Uberti .44 Mag. It's a Regulator, not the newer model you are talking about. It is slightly larger than the normal SAA clone. Mine has a standard size grip frame, so shooting .44 Mags through it ain't exactly what you'd call fun.

I have 2x .44 Mag Ruger Stainless Vaqueros w/ 4 .62" barrels, that I just love. Both shoot point of aim and one fired over 7,000 rds one year before the transfer bar broke. Quick fix though once I got a new bar.

I really wuss out by using .44 Russian's in my Ruger Bisley's, loaded with APP. A full load of APP in the Mangle'em was just too much for me in revolvers. However, I do shoot the big guys in my Marlin. My .44's have been relegated to BP shoots, except for the Marlin which is also a Wild Bunch gun.

I'm looking for a 73 in .44 Mag., in case anyone knows where one can be found.

I saw one, felt one and it is comprable to the OMV. Stout but needed for the round. I'm still lookig for a OMV stainless in .44 mag....

Archived