SASS Wire Forum

Police Officer in Hot Water

DocWard

My son in law puts it on the line everyday as a sheriiff. Not a day goes by were he has not put himself in harms way for others. He also gets lots of use of force complaints filed by drug addicts, wife beaters and drunks who think its a wise choice to resist or take a swing at him.Everyone makes mistakes and though not a smart decision I like the fact that the officer has a heart and had a hard time dispatching a beautiful animal. I hunt every year for lots of animals and when I make a kill I always take a knee and thank god for a quick kill. More than once I have had a tear well up when I look at that animal. Life is Life and anyone who can kill anything without feeling some remorse has got issues in my opinion. Thanks to all who serve(d) !

Savvy Jack, I believe that sobriety check points were upheld as Constitutional by the Supreme Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Dept._of_State_Police_v._Sitz

When they finally uphold where you can't have a gun, are you going to agree with that too?

The Supreme Court is stealing our Constitutional Rights and you sit there and say it's ok?

Savvy Jack, I believe that sobriety check points were upheld as Constitutional by the Supreme Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Dept._of_State_Police_v._Sitz

Just because the SCOTUS agrees doesn't mean it is trully constitutional.

Yet consider the NFA and how it is in conflict with our precious 2nd Amendment.

So if the NFA is constitutional, sobriety check points may also be constitutional.

Personally neither is.

So your gonna be hard on this guy for what he did, what about those that violate our rights and get off scott free? Those are the ones that should be hung from the neck until dead....after a fair trial. :ph34r:

Um, I think you should read/re-read Savey Jack's #24 post again. "Hung from the neck until dead?!?!?" Because of crap you read on the Internet??? Get real! He's the one who turned it from a lame brain move into a "violating people's rights issue".

And you never saw me call anyone anything. I said if you want to bitch about the way LEO's do their jobs, and yes we do make mistakes, then get your ass out there on the line and show us how it's done. It's easy to second guess from the safety on your computer desk isn't it??

So now you are saying I can't voice my opinion about your job unless I do it, now that is kind of narrow minded isn't it.

And for the record the officer should in no way have given his firearm to anyone but that's for his agency to deal with NOT the lame stream media or you!!

JEL

I am going to let his agency deal with it , but I can still call him a dumb ass. As far as the media and internet how else are us non LEOs suppose to fund out what's going on or do you prefer to keep everything hidden from the public you serve. Me personaly I like to remain nutraul on all this kind of stuff because I don't know all the facts, except for the dreaded media and internet you seam to hate.

Geez...did I click on the wrong forum?? I coulda swore I was in the Saloon instead of the Wire..... :wacko:

Have a beer with me. ;)

I warned ya not to feed trolls.

JB,

Proudly serving the American people, and upholding the U.S. Constitution since taking the oath in 1986

Back on topic

True, maybe the LEO should not have let someone else shoot his gun. I can see it now in the headlines. LEO hands stranger his duty weapon to shoot an injured deer. Instead, stranger opens fire on crowd and kills 14. That's as bad as a teen keeping his rifle in his truck, with the windows down. Yeah, that's the way it was when I was in highschool. :rolleyes:

Don't drink beer, UB....ya got any white zinfandel??

White Zinfandel is never in my wine cellar. I have a lovely New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that I know you'll enjoy.

white zinfandel and rum are about the only things ever in our fridge, but I'd be more than willing to give this stuff of yer's a shot.... ;)

You keep rum in the fridge? :blink:

I warned ya not to feed trolls.

Why ? Do you turn into a gremlin when feed :lol::lol::D

When they finally uphold where you can't have a gun, are you going to agree with that too?

The Supreme Court is stealing our Constitutional Rights and you sit there and say it's ok?

Savvy Jack, I didn't say I agreed with the Court's decision nor say it's ok. :blush: I didn't offer an opinion; just a fact for your consideration.

How do you feel about SASS approving a Baptist Category? ^_^

Yep, feed the trolls. Experts on the Constitution/2nd Amendment which gives them the constitutional guarantee/right to operate a motor vehicle. And I use to think it was a privilege :o . Think I'll have a sasper thank ya :D

Savvy Jack, I didn't say I agreed with the Court's decision nor say it's ok. :blush: I didn't offer an opinion; just a fact for your consideration.

How do you feel about SASS approving a Baptist Category? ^_^

I did not say that you did agree, but I explained anyway :)

Yep, feed the trolls. Experts on the Constitution/2nd Amendment which gives them the constitutional guarantee/right to operate a motor vehicle. And I use to think it was a privilege :o . Think I'll have a sasper thank ya :D

It is a privilege, but the 4th gives us a right not to be unlawfully detained or demanded to show ID without RAS that I have committed a crime, about to commit a crime or have committed a crime. Treasure these Rights or wind up like that kid in the video. Maybe my age but I have yet to be treated as such when I get to the point where my answer is " I do not consent to a search" or "I do not wish to discus my affairs with you" or "who are you, who do you work for and why did you pull me over?" which usually follow an officers smart question of "Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?" or "Do you have any guns, drugs dead bodies in the car" or "where are you headed" (roadblock usually followed by response #1). However, many times now I am waved through because they know me and what I drive. As far as out of town encounters......I have not been trough one in many years. In the state of Georgia there are rules they must follow in order to create a road block and if these are not followed, they usually shut up and tell me to move on. I despise a "police state" mentality.

Keep bringing it up and I will keep replying.

However, you can bring this discussion back on topic if you so choose.

Yes UB, the rum stays in the fridge, otherwise when I mix it with the cold coke the drink ends up getting warm way too fast.....and I don't like having to put ice in it.....just waters it down! Yuck!!

I'm gonna go get a beer.

Geez... It's 9:30 in the a.m., but looking where my thread has gone, I think I'll join you... :unsure:

Geez... It's 9:30 in the a.m., but looking where my thread has gone, I think I'll join you... :unsure:

Just another circular thread that will feed on itself like a snake eating it's tail till there's nothing left.

How bout a little Irish coffee? ;)

Just another circular thread that will feed on itself like a snake eating it's tail till there's nothing left.

How bout a little Irish coffee? ;)

Works for me!

yes, it is....would you like a nice fresh salad??

I actually like salads, especially with Bambi and Thumper chucks in it

Household records from 16th and 17th century England show that servants were allotted two quarts of beer at breakfast, two more at mid-day and another two at the evening meal, and sometimes wine and brandy with that one.

Heck, the pyramids were built by a labor force powered by beer.

Household records from 16th and 17th century England show that servants were allotted two quarts of beer at breakfast, two more at mid-day and another two at the evening meal, and sometimes wine and brandy with that one.

Heck, the pyramids were built by a labor force powered by beer.

I may have to try that argument sometime, although I think it will fall short. I think Mrs. Doc will just ask me if I think I'm back in the fraternity, and remind me how that turned out. :unsure:

I'm gonna go get a beer.

I already did. Didn't help much. Methinks I need several more.

Archived