SASS Wire Forum

Texas State 2013-It is Here.

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Oh I plan on eatting that also. Doing the steak thing for sure.

Doing my BBQ tour on Wed after we get there. ALl in one day. :huh:

"No man can eat that much ice cream." Err, I mean BBQ.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping for a great TX State Championship for all. Have no doubts Phantom has some super stages and DHD and others have things in grand order. I will not know if I can make it pretty much to last minute, so to speak. I had put idea on "back burner" for quite some time knowing I might be needed at home due to grand daughter getting married the following weekend then carpel tunnel surgery last week is not putting me in great competitive condition at present. Hopefully Monday will bring good news for possible entry. Perhaps a quick trip down with NS. Sure would like to see range and shooting friends. Maybe my cousin Rebel Bill will hold up the family name.

Don't ya'all let Al eat to much BBQ.

bb

"No man can eat that much ice cream." Err, I mean BBQ.

Boon Doggle, I think I know the rest of that ice cream joke. :)

Al:

If you hit all those places in one day, it is good you are doing it on Wednesday. Maybe you will have it all digested by the main match on Friday. We do have a wheelbarrow at the range if you discover that you can't move after the tour.

Hoping for a great TX State Championship for all. Have no doubts Phantom has some super stages and DHD and others have things in grand order. I will not know if I can make it pretty much to last minute, so to speak. I had put idea on "back burner" for quite some time knowing I might be needed at home due to grand daughter getting married the following weekend then carpel tunnel surgery last week is not putting me in great competitive condition at present. Hopefully Monday will bring good news for possible entry. Perhaps a quick trip down with NS. Sure would like to see range and shooting friends. Maybe my cousin Rebel Bill will hold up the family name.

bb

Billy Boots, posses aare getting full, but we can stuff you into a posse if you can make it. Just let us know.

bb

Come on down, we can squeeze you in. Rebel Bill has been doin' the name proud all over Texas, Oklahoma and Hew Mexico. Baring a gun disaster I expect to see him way up near the top of the first page of results.

Olen

Billy Boots, posses aare getting full, but we can stuff you into a posse if you can make it. Just let us know.

Thanks Dave, I will let you know soon as I get clearance. See doctor Monday and also waiting to hear from NonStop. I did shoot some this afternoon and made it pretty good.

bb

Thanks Dave, I will let you know soon as I get clearance. See doctor Monday and also waiting to hear from NonStop. I did shoot some this afternoon and made it pretty good.

bb

Reckon be best for you to shoot Senior Duelist. That BP smoke would screw something horrible with your meds. Don't believe me? Check with your pharmicist. :P

Anvil Al,

Laz and I LOVE Kreuz and think it is the BEST of all. We've tried all but Smitty's I think.

Final range preparation is underway, and things are looking good. Grass has been mowed, targets painted, and all the little last second things are being taken care of. The weather is looking great, low 70's to low 80's with a 20% chance of rain. A 20% chance of rain is weatherman talk for CYA.

Looks like we're ready to make some noise and name some new State of Texas Champions.

The only thing missing is all y'all.

When are you going to post posse list?

We will be posting posse lists Monday night or Tuesday morning on the website. Pccss.org We want to get those last few entries in. Once we post them that is the way the posses will be except for additional entries between now and the match. (We still have a little room). The shooter's packet will also identify your posse, and we will have them posted at the range.

As Boondoggle says, things are looking great at the range, the weather is cooperating, and it promises to be a rip-roarin' time. See you there!

Hope to make it. Will know tonight.

DHD,

Sent you a PM with my e-address. Waiting on your response.

bb

Well pards, made it up here for state this PM. Went out to the range to look things over, but before i could it came a gully washer. Didn't last long, couldn't get down to the range though. Just enough wet to lay the dust down. From what i could see though this is one great range. Very, very nice. Shade, big targets, everything was green. Will be out tomorrow to see what help i can provide. This is the first leg of my "big adventure". Gonna put quite a few miles on my rig. The Leisure Resort RV park is great also. See ya soon!!

What? and cousin Rebel Bill is on Posse 1 :lol: We are in for a GREAT shoot and fun time..

Riding with Non Stop......besides I will have cousin Bill on my posse at EOT. Look forward to seeing old friends......and meeting new ones.

Thanks Long Juan.

bb

Lazarus is already there and will take the Wild Bunch RO course tomorrow. I'm coming up Thursday since I still need to earn some money in order to be able to shoot great matches like I predict this one will be. See ya Thursday.

Al,

Kreuz is our favorite. Have eaten at all but one and I can't remember whether it is Smitty's or Black's. I think it is Smitty's that we haven't tried yet.

to all getting on the road today, safe travels. I wont be there until Friday morning (%$%^#%$ ole boss expects me to work!) I am looking forward to my first "big match", can't hardly wait. I'm especially looking forward to meeting some of the fine folks I've palavered with on here. And even some who have taken me to the woodshed!

Lazarus is already there and will take the Wild Bunch RO course tomorrow. I'm coming up Thursday since I still need to earn some money in order to be able to shoot great matches like I predict this one will be. See ya Thursday.

Al,

Kreuz is our favorite. Have eaten at all but one and I can't remember whether it is Smitty's or Black's. I think it is Smitty's that we haven't tried yet.

I have already crossed one off my list of the ones I want to try. C Trail is a no go. Was reading that they put mayo

on there sandwich. That is a auto reject in my book.

So only have to hit 3 places.

Some folks are already trickling and setting up their RVs. The range is looking good. The stages are ready. The mud from yesterday afternoon's little shower has dried up (mostly), Tomorrow we have classes for RO 1 and 2 and WB RO. The side match shooting starts Thursday, the main match starts on Friday--we are ready. Here we go!

Billy Boots, look forward to seeing and shooting with you and Nonstop!

Look forward to the outing myself. See ya soon.

bb

Guns & Yankees Hat is in the truck. Leaving after work Wensday. If the match is half as good as the updates it will be one of the best of the year. Thanks to all. Six- I hope 3rd suits you cause I'm bringing a ringer. watch out cause here comes W. Texas!!!

Archived