SASS Wire Forum

Commercial Posts

Goody, SASS #26190

Now this is just an observation, I have no bitchin or axes to grind. :)

I think that a section should be added where SASS members that own businesses related to what we do should be created. With the new wire format it would appear that bandwidth is not the issue it once was. To have a place where new folks could find listed the places that would help them get started would be a boon. Firearm sales, FFL's willing to ship/receive, leather goods, ammo and components, guncarts, clothes, etc. To have a place that someone could come to and find answers to the questions we see posted all the time would actually tend to lessen the traffic on the wire itself.

The section could be setup whereas the Vendor makes their infomercial and then the thread is closed. No bumping back to the top, well maybe every third day or so. The dealer would be able to edit their own post. No replies within the thread, all communication to be done through phone, email, PM's or at the vendors website.

I think that it would be fair to charge a small fee, perhaps $50, for a vendor to register. As I stated earlier, the vendor would need to be a SASS member in good standing, only items directly related to our game would be allowed. The fee could be a donation to the SASS scholarship fund.

It sounds pretty good to me..it certainly would be a place where new shooters especially will be able to at least see what would be available. It would be interesting to hear the opinions of a few of the vendors who frequent the Wire here as well.

It appears that commerical posts are already allowed.

I don't think so. Read the WARNING on the Classified. It clearly states NO COMMERCIAL POSTINGS.

RYE

I agree with Bad Hand, at least it is ok for "certain" vendors, but not all. This idea will never come to pass. We have been fed BS by the teaspoon for years that this, or something like it, was in the works. Bandwidth was never an issue.

Rye, all you have to do is look at the classifieds and you will see what Bad Hand is referring to.

It's already there. http://www.sassnet.com/Links-Main-001A.php

The problem is that it is at the bottom of the main page under news and information and is kind of hard to find. Maybe it needs to be better marked and more prominent on the main page.

Goody, It does seem like a few folks do have lots of stuff for sale on the other forum.. Sometimes I see the wife is selling or my brother is getting rid of????... Hell boys,,,just say your a dealer at sell the item... Great idea Goody..

Me too. Some of us one man businesses can't afford the same as as Wahmaker and EMF.

Goody, It does seem like a few folks do have lots of stuff for sale on the other forum.. Sometimes I see the wife is selling or my brother is getting rid of????... Hell boys,,,just say your a dealer at sell the item... Great idea Goody..

I agree, I see adds from members, that I know are dealers, all the time. Seems they are always selling stuff for relatives.

Got one on the wire going right now that is a vendor.

They have posted many times. And they always seem to get away with it.

They do have a great product. But people did have to pay for it. So that makes them a vendor in my mind.

Never can figure out how they can do it. And I can't.

I think when I was in business if I coulda got FREE space anywhere I probably woulda saved myself the $64/mo for the postage stamp sized ad in the CC. Just being honest here. SASS is a money making operation, not a charity.

I do understand that. But if you make new customers happy then they tell others. More happiness, more shooters, more SASS members. Some folks simply won't go to the trouble others will to get information, so they drift off. A restaurant is in business to make money, wouldn't it be special if they charged to look at a menu. <_<

I do understand that. But if you make new customers happy then they tell others. More happiness, more shooters, more SASS members. Some folks simply won't go to the trouble others will to get information, so they drift off. A restaurant is in business to make money, wouldn't it be special if they charged to look at a menu. <_<

Without kicking a dead horse, I have not known SASS to give away much of nothin'. The CC is always struggling, or so I am told......

Without kicking a dead horse, I have not known SASS to give away much of nothin'. The CC is always struggling, or so I am told......

No doubt. I haven't opened a CC in about two years, straight to the bird cage. Yet I am on the wire 3 or 4 times daily.

I'm all for it, I would luv to find a place to sell some stuff I have to many of or

like hammers or such, I would so enjoy it, Thanks Goody for starting this...

West Fargo

Archived