SASS Wire Forum

1776 all over again?

Rye Miles #13621

If anyone is still on that perverbial fench, then its because they've already got their heads stuck in the sand.

Well, if it's true that the undecideds have already chosen their side as much as they're going to, then: 1) gun owners outnumber the antis, and the fight is won; or 2) gun owners are outnumbered and the fight is lost. It's only if there are people in the middle who can still be won over, that it make sense to keep fighting. This brings it back to the question of whether having a raving nutter for a spokesperson is a good idea.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if it's true that the undecideds have already chosen their side as much as they're going to, then: 1) gun owners outnumber the antis, and the fight is won; or 2) gun owners are outnumbered and the fight is lost. It's only if there are people in the middle who can still be won over, that it make sense to keep fighting. This brings it back to the question of whether having a raving nutter for a spokesperson is a good idea.

It's obvious you are oblivious to the liberal gun grabbing politicians - the law makers in the equation...you support the guy who would use 'executive order' in enacting more gun restriction?

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

You do make a good point.

In this case both of the participants were raving nutters. Morgan asking misleading questions and not answering the questions of the other side.

Does Morgan really care about murder rates? Or just murders involving one method? Is it okay to murder and rape with a 4 foot rod? He did not respond to that. Is it okay to murder with knives and clubs? He did not respond to that.

We need well spoken people who will politely but FIRMLY stand up to fascists like Morgan.

Do you see Morgan "compromising?"

And Badlands Beady, you still haven't answered about how many of your guns you will send me. You continue to doge that "compromise, just as Morgan did. Let's be reasonable, just as the left has "asked for our guns" , I asked for yours. Then I compromised and said you could have one.....

See, I can be reasonable...

Here ya go. We're starting to get reasonable instruction:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iDnEkFSMRik?rel=0&vq=medium&autoplay=1

Badlands Beady,

I find it interesting and intriquing that you use a quote by Thomas Jefferson in your signature line.

Its a good quote. Problem is, the 'other side' is wanting to make YOU and ME a criminal because of opinions, beliefs, and.....exercising OUR Constitutional Rights.

Thats the point most of us are trying to make.

If Dr.Bottlestopper don't like my guns, fine. He don't have to hang around me.

But, he has NO RIGHT to take them away from me and demonize me for being a responsible gun owner.

And when Dr.Bottlestopper crosses that line, its time for a good ole E.TN dog whoopin.

Call it nutty if you want. Thats just another avenue of demonizing those of us who don't mind fighting for our rights and freedoms.

..........Widder

I know I'm preaching to the choir but how can any law detour anybody whose planning on killing and then killing themselves !,I was reading about the Columbined killings one of the killers had 13 ten rd mags,the other nut had some higher capacity stuff but fired less rds they both had shotguns as well,they actually had planted a bomb in cafertia but it did not go off because wiring was so bad it could of killed hundreds had it.

Tiomthy McVeigh killed more than all school killings together and never fired a shot 168 dead hundreds injured.

like my other post these things are points that could be mentioned,your not going to convince many anti gunners anything because there so passionate about what they beleive but it could convince those on the fence if done in right way.

AO

This is the problem that makes me determine that 'reasonableness' is not only not a test, but in the face of 'unreasonableness' it's a losing strategy: TAKE 'EM

Guest Texas Jack Black

If anyone thinks ALEX JONES is helping is as looney as he is. This is a man who thinks Aliens are running the world from a starship. :wacko: :wacko: and that the Bilderburg group is out to lower the world population by genetic modification of the food supply.

Let's see.. what was that last thing that I saw on National TV with you and that host? Oh, that's right... there wasn't anything and absolutely no one is talking or thinking about you outside of the people here that know you as a troll.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Let's see.. what was that last thing that I saw on National TV with you and that host? Oh, that's right... there wasn't anything and absolutely no one is talking or thinking about you outside of the people here that know you as a troll.

Still ranting A.H. :lol: :lol:

Guest Texas Jack Black

And you are not a TROLL ??because you say so. :lol: :lol:

My guess would be that if you ever met me, you'd be a lot more polite.

Here's the big problem: all you have to do is read the comments to know that America NEEDS to feel safe and can't unless they make a demon of 'high capacity mags'; 'weapons of war', 'assault rifles' 'no one NEEDS', 'massacre' 'scary Americans'.

SCARY AMERICANS

The giant urban American population is like a de-clawed house cat who is afraid to go outside unless their master is there to keep the dogs, feral cats and coyotes away. In order to feel safe they will continue to enact, confiscate, restrict, register, tax, license and all under EXECUTIVE ORDER. This time we'll have to fight it all the way to SCOTUS, but not in Chicago or DC- Nationally.

And you want to be 'reasonable' and trust 'reasonable' arguments in the face of inflamed lies.

Here's your sign.....

I think Morgan achieved exactly what he set out to do on this show. :angry:/>/>/>

Remember what I said a while back about the NRA needing a good spokesperson? Someone the fence sitting public could identify with and would listen to? This guy ain't it.

I agree!

This guy had an opportunity to debate the issue with this disgusting Brit. By the way, NOW you are beginning to understand why we killed every one of the smug little inbred, arrogant little sob's that we could get our hands on during the Revolution.

Anyway, as Bob suggested, Morgan invited this guy on his show to provoke him. While what the guy said was correct, this man is not a good spokesperson for the 2nd Amendment.

Morgan uses illogical, irrelevant statistics and unsubstantiated "facts" to make a point. Morgan isn't really smart, he's simply a smug little talking head with an army of researchers and handlers behind him attacking his "guests" to make political points.

The fact is, AR's were used in those killings because they are current technology. Americans have always had access to current technology, in the weapons they use and they should continue to have such access. 2A gives us that right. and we'll keep it or die for it. But in the process, the body count on the other side will be such as to make it unbearable.

Used to be "crazy" to say something like that, right? But today, Americans should be afraid and prepared, because the government has pushed it's intelligent citizens to the brink, at which many will not quietly retreat over. The only upside to these periodic attempts to destroy the Constitution is that MILLIONS of gun and MILLIONS of rounds of ammo are being stockpiled by citizens, along with untold millions of dollars in equipment, supplies and other resources, necessary to resist.

Next, we'll have to limit the capabilities of computer equipment the ordinary citizen possesses because, (this will be according to the media) some hacker broke into a hospital's computer system and shut down all the life support systems in the Intesive Care Unit. Then, there'll be, one after the other, more of these in rapid succession ... these ICU hacking incidents happening, sparking outrage against computer technologists and the government passing laws limiting access to computer equipment, software, the Internet, etc.

the man has some valid points to make

he can fire up some of the base

he can give the other side loooney sound bites

the real fight is up to all of us legal gun owners

how many of us have helped the col with his suggestions????

I have ;)

This guy had an opportunity to debate the issue with this disgusting Brit. By the way, NOW you are beginning to understand why we killed every one of the smug little inbred, arrogant little sob's that we could get our hands on during the Revolution.

Anyway, as Bob suggested, Morgan invited this guy on his show to provoke him. While what the guy said was correct, this man is not a good spokesperson for the 2nd Amendment.

Morgan uses illogical, irrelevant statistics and unsubstantiated "facts" to make a point. Morgan isn't really smart, he's simply a smug little talking head with an army of researchers and handlers behind him attacking his "guests" to make political points.

The fact is, AR's were used in those killings because they are current technology. Americans have always had access to current technology, in the weapons they use and they should continue to have such access. 2A gives us that right. and we'll keep it or die for it. But in the process, the body count on the other side will be such as to make it unbearable.

Used to be "crazy" to say something like that, right? But today, Americans should be afraid and prepared, because the government has pushed it's intelligent citizens to the brink, at which many will not quietly retreat over. The only upside to these periodic attempts to destroy the Constitution is that MILLIONS of gun and MILLIONS of rounds of ammo are being stockpiled by citizens, along with untold millions of dollars in equipment, supplies and other resources, necessary to resist.

Next, we'll have to limit the capabilities of computer equipment the ordinary citizen possesses because, (this will be according to the media) some hacker broke into a hospital's computer system and shut down all the life support systems in the Intesive Care Unit. Then, there'll be, one after the other, more of these in rapid succession ... these ICU hacking incidents happening, sparking outrage against computer technologists and the government passing laws limiting access to computer equipment, software, the Internet, etc.

Cat Brules

Yeah, I didn't see him as a 'spokeman' for the 2nd Amendment (or a candidate to be one), but rather a person who is angry, and expressing with furvor, at people like Piers who are putting in their $0.02 in something they have no understanding or cultural connection with. ALOT of us are feeling like 'cats' in a corner on this subject lately.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Guest Texas Jack Black

LOOK!!!! some on this wire will attack anyone who disagrees with their so called PARDS .The simple fact is ALEX JONES IS A WACKO, and we all know it. So why promote this flake?it only makes us guilty by association.

LOOK!!!! some on this wire will attack anyone who disagrees with their so called PARDS .The simple fact is ALEX JONES IS A WACKO, and we all know it. So why promote this flake?it only makes us guilty by association.

Well, you aren't my ' pard'. Anyway, I ain't promoting HIM, but rather what he was saying....There are wackos everywhere - there are a couple on this Wire that think I am a wacko :lol:/> maybe I am.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Badlands Beady,

I find it interesting and intriquing that you use a quote by Thomas Jefferson in your signature line.

It's there to remind me that the "other side" isn't necessarily a bad guy.

Problem is, the 'other side' is wanting to make YOU and ME a criminal because of opinions, beliefs, and.....exercising OUR Constitutional Rights.

No, they're not. They want the same basic thing we do, to make this a better country. The problem is that both sides are seeking easy answers, when the easy answer is usually the wrong answer. *My* problem is that I sympathize generally with both sides, which wins me friends in neither camp.

It isn't a question of public safety versus the 2nd amendment, and the answer, if there is one, will not be found solely in one or the other. The answer will be found when/if we figure out how to keep the public safe while simultaneously respecting *everyone's* rights. Of course, it may turn out that there is no final answer and we're fated to have this debate as long as the country survives.

But I digress. Here's a prophecy: If the anti-gunners keep pointing to dead children while the pro-gunners keep pointing to their rights and to nothing else, the antis will win and the pros will blame everyone but themselves.

No, they're not. They want the same basic thing we do, to make this a better country. The problem is that both sides are seeking easy answers, when the easy answer is usually the wrong answer. *My* problem is that I sympathize generally with both sides, which wins me friends in neither camp.

It isn't a question of public safety versus the 2nd amendment, and the answer, if there is one, will not be found solely in one or the other. The answer will be found when/if we figure out how to keep the public safe while simultaneously respecting *everyone's* rights. Of course, it may turn out that there is no final answer and we're fated to have this debate as long as the country survives.

But I digress. Here's a prophecy: If the anti-gunners keep pointing to dead children while the pro-gunners keep pointing to their rights and to nothing else, the antis will win and the pros will blame everyone but themselves.

No sir, you are wrong! MANY of us are pointing to those children and saying this may have been prevented by having armed teachers or security. Shame on you for thinking that we are not hurting in this matter, thinking of these children and other tragic incidents were innocents were killed, and feeling the sadness and anguish....We simple feel that taking away our right will not help to keep others and ourselves out of danger, it may promote more violence to occur.

I, however, am not surprised at your assumption.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>

No sir, you are wrong! MANY of us are pointing to those children and saying this may have been prevented by having armed teachers or security. Shame on you for thinking that we are not hurting in this matter, thinking of these children and other tragic incidents were innocents were killed, and feeling the sadness and anguish....We simple feel that taking away our right will not help to keep others and ourselves out of danger, it may promote more violence to occur.

I, however, am not surprised at your assumption.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>/>/>

"ditto"

Your calling someone a "WACKO" and whining about anyone who challenges your specious arguments just serves to reduce your own credibility (what little may be left) as a "PARD" to anyone concerned about our 2nd Amendment rights. These didn't come from the blood of 'reasonable' men dying on the field of Lexington and Concord. "Reasonable" men argued vehemently against the American Revolution as well as the Constitutional Congress.

In fact, all progress depends on the UN-reasonable man who has the balls to take a stand, while the critics twitter among themselves in the background until the battle is won and then scurry to posture as if they were along the whole time.

Here is another example of what we face. There is nothing at all 'reasonable' or 'sensible' about some people that can be cured in time for the ballot box, campaigns etc. allow them to vote away our rights or permit EXECUTIVE ORDER that performs the same function. I post these for those who not only read, but also have the ability to comprehend that which is written.

CONGRESS IOWA (D)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

. . . and I might add "lose both"!

Guest Texas Jack Black

Your calling someone a "WACKO" and whining about anyone who challenges your specious arguments just serves to reduce your own credibility (what little may be left) as a "PARD" to anyone concerned about our 2nd Amendment rights. These didn't come from the blood of 'reasonable' men dying on the field of Lexington and Concord. "Reasonable" men argued vehemently against the American Revolution as well as the Constitutional Congress.

In fact, all progress depends on the UN-reasonable man who has the balls to take a stand, while the critics twitter among themselves in the background until the battle is won and then scurry to posture as if they were along the whole time.

Here is another example of what we face. There is nothing at all 'reasonable' or 'sensible' about some people that can be cured in time for the ballot box, campaigns etc. allow them to vote away our rights or permit EXECUTIVE ORDER that performs the same function. I post these for those who not only read, but also have the ability to comprehend that which is written.

CONGRESS IOWA (D)

SO you have ALEX JONES as your roll model ,Hero and spokesperson. ;)

As usual, TJB has no counterpoint other than an ad hominem attack of the messenger.

Just finished supper. BBQ chicken, beans and mac & cheese. mmmmmmm good. Sure wish you fellers could have joined me.

Here is my opinion (again). To ME, in order to make this a better country would be to stop all the dictatorship attitudes that our elected officials have. They ALWAYS act like they know whats best for me.

All the while, this country keeps getting worse. Can't they see that all their decisions are manifesting a more difficult society to freely live in. PLUS, they constantly interject in toooooo much foreign affairs. And the whole blame world is getting worse. They can't do hardly anything right.

BUT on the other hand, the 'other side' who want to make this a better country are trying to accomplish their goals by stepping on my freedoms. Its that simple.

Well, the BBQ chicken is all gone. And it was finger lickin good.

Catch ya later.

..........Widder

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

The media would have us believe we live in a blue country and their agenda should prevail. We need a spokesman that knows the country is red, law abiding folks aren't shooting anyone, and manyAmerican lives were lost lost fighting oppression as well as socialism. How dare CNN Morgan and his disregard for those who died so that he wouldn't grow up speaking German!

We live in a red country and our local, and state governments know it. We each need to make sure our spokesman is everyone of us! Contact your representative!

Another good way to fight is by a good distraction, maybe the electoral college has outlived it's usefulness...

Perhaps some strategic drilling and hydraulic fracturing could move some of the countries socialist areas offshore a ways ;)

I no longer believe in the media hype over the supposed undecided, those people are willing puppets of the liberal wing and the truth is, if they do not know who or what they are by this stage of the game no one should want them anyway. The other great myth of our time is the one we perpetrated on ourselves, the great silent majority that would one day wake up to the evils of liberalism and end our slide into socialism. They woke up alright and like all newborns they screamed loudly, GIVE TO ME! There are no more votes out there to be won by reasoned argument or even by promoting right over wrong, all of those votes are already spoken for and they were won over by a simple promise of free stuff provided by the other side. After watching the two different guests I would say that not one changed a vote, the viewers already ha formed an opinion. It is time to speak loudly, but not to some liberal talking head, it is perhaps our last chance to speak to Washington loudly enough to be heard, but that can be best done from their doorstep. It is time for a leader to stand up, but not to talk but to lead. He needs to lead us to the very doorsteps of DC and we need to holler loudly enough that no verbal vote could possibly be cast. If we would not follow then we no longer deserve the Constitution that was handed down to us.

What gets my blood pressure up is smarmy foreign expats living here, especially the Brits that meekly let themselves be disarmed by their government, who hide behind our First Amendment while launching assault after assault on the 2nd. They all need to go back from whence they came, and don't let the door hit them in the butts on the way out.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

great point

that would be 51% of the voters in the latest election

lets see how the ban plays out

I will fight for the republic of :FlagAm:/>

And now a kind helpful word from our friendly neighborhood so-called spelling nazi (lower case). TJB, Alex Jones is not the "role" model of the pards here who above all else are reasonable folks. The way he "rolls" is not the way we roll for the most part. But tho we be reasonable, we can be pushed only so far as King OandMO are about to find out. The other side are emboldened and they have a great champion who has one every battle against us so far. So far.

I think if Alex Jones were half right about half the things he espouses, the bilderbergers would have made him disappear long ago. I do think he may just be on to some stuff that needs to see the light of day.

I am on the cusp of despair. We are faced with the grim reality that far too many of our fellow countrymen are stoopid enuff to get us into such a pickle. It should never have come to this but it has. The only thing that is going to prevent the return to 1776 predicted by Jones is that too few of us have the stomach for such a horrific and bloody civil war. I know I sure don't. The other side doesn't even have to shoot me. Cut off my checks and I cannot buy cartridges. Cut off my pills and I am soon dead anyway. The horns of a dilemma. The cartoon Brits refer to our current situation as a "sticky wicket, wot?".

Oh, and BK don't look now but Iowa doesn't have a Congress. Just a legislature which can be referred to as a congress (lower case) but it confuses the peanut gallery.

Guest Texas Jack Black

And now a kind helpful word from our friendly neighborhood so-called spelling nazi (lower case). TJB, Alex Jones is not the "role" model of the pards here who above all else are reasonable folks. The way he "rolls" is not the way we roll for the most part. But tho we be reasonable, we can be pushed only so far as King OandMO are about to find out. The other side are emboldened and they have a great champion who has one every battle against us so far. So far.

I think if Alex Jones were half right about half the things he espouses, the bilderbergers would have made him disappear long ago. I do think he may just be on to some stuff that needs to see the light of day.

I am on the cusp of despair. We are faced with the grim reality that far too many of our fellow countrymen are stoopid enuff to get us into such a pickle. It should never have come to this but it has. The only thing that is going to prevent the return to 1776 predicted by Jones is that too few of us have the stomach for such a horrific and bloody civil war. I know I sure don't. The other side doesn't even have to shoot me. Cut off my checks and I cannot buy cartridges. Cut off my pills and I am soon dead anyway. The horns of a dilemma. The cartoon Brits refer to our current situation as a "sticky wicket, wot?".

Oh, and BK don't look now but Iowa doesn't have a Congress. Just a legislature which can be referred to as a congress (lower case) but it confuses the peanut gallery.

Finally a voice of reason.As to my spelling, I do use spell check, -_- -_-

Archived