SASS Wire Forum

Sad news...Cypress Creek Cowboys

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

Did the club close or did they lose the range?

Sad to hear that - hate it when clubs have to close down for whatever reasons...

Check out the 'range pics' link - beautiful indeed...

http://cypresscreekcowboys.com/

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Sorry to hear the club is closing down.

Just went to the web site and it looks

like a very nice range with a lot of great

store fronts. Hope it can somehow can be

resurrected.

Marshal Stone

Yes, I hate to say it...but the club is closed. This club was the 1st club I ever shot at, and in the last 6 years I have only missed maybe 3 matches there.

Many many hours were spent by the core membership building this range into one of the nicest I have had the pleasure of shooting at. I would like to thank each of the members for all of the blood sweat and tears spent

Being President of Cypress Creek Cowboys for the last year or so, I feel I should take some blame for the club closing. The number of shooters that we have at the monthly matches has been slowly declining, and I have not been able to get the numbers up to a level that justifies keeping the club open. This was a decision for us to make.

I want to thank everyone who has supported us over the last few years. I have met a lot of great people and made some really good friends. I will miss having everyone there for our annual matches.

Smokey;

I'm really sorry to hear this story, but it is not the first, or will it be the last time that such a tragic event has taken place due to a lack of support from neighboring clubs. The strength of this game comes from the membership, not from any central power. If we don't support each other, then we will die. It is a real shame to watch members of one club fail to support their neigbors... year after year. They just don't realize how important it is to take that drive up the road once and a while. I hope we all take heed before it is to late. No one is invincible.

Snakebite

Smokey;

I'm really sorry to hear this story, but it is not the first, or will it be the last time that such a tragic event has taken place due to a lack of support from neighboring clubs. The strength of this game comes from the membership, not from any central power. If we don't support each other, then we will die. It is a real shame to watch members of one club fail to support their neigbors... year after year. They just don't realize how important it is to take that drive up the road once and a while. I hope we all take heed before it is to late. No one is invincible.

Snakebite

You're spot-on Snakebite. I saw it in So. Cal. and I see it here. Too many folks just support their club and don't go to other clubs every now and then. Everyone should go to clubs other then their "Own" every once in a while.

Sorry to here of the closing...

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Smokey,I did not get to come to you range this year.We have PMed back and forth a few time.I am really sorry to see the club close.I was hopping to come over there in 2013.Good luck Smokey.Pit Bull

Savannah and I have made the drive to Cypress Creek many a time and are long range members of the club. It is truly the best Cowboy range in the State n many others I've traveled to. I will miss shooting there but understand the reason. Our hope is to see all of the Cypress Creek Cowboys at other shoots. The club will be sorely missed. Shayne, Matt, Nora, Scott, and many others are some of my favorite people and we're glad we're still friends. Keep in touch y'all. Good luck in all future endevers.

Oliver Loving

You're spot-on Snakebite. I saw it in So. Cal. and I see it here. Too many folks just support their club and don't go to other clubs every now and then. Everyone should go to clubs other then their "Own" every once in a while.

Sorry to here of the closing...

Phantom

:FlagAm:/>

No truer words ever written Phantom. I took over the Westshore Posse in 2010 and have put 100% into building the club back up. The first year was some head butting with the old regime with target distance and the way SASS matches are currently shot around the country. The club was the original home of the Northeast Regional and PA Stae Match, but those shoots outgrew the club etc. The Westshore Posse has been around since 1995 and up until around 2002 the club averaged 125 shooters a month from what I have heard. Several hurdles happened along the way such as new clubs shooting on the same day of the month and before my arrival the club was stuck into some pretty awful stage writing and wasn't changing with the ever evolving SASS matches. We have a few shooters here in the MD. VA. PA. and WV. area that spew enough poison to ruin any club that they wish. Hell I average pistol targets at 12 to 15 feet and it still isn't enough and rifle targets around 30 feet or less. We all need to support each other and that is the bottom line (all of these targets are pretty generous in size). :FlagAm:

Hud McCoy

Howdy Smokey wasnt far from givin ya a holler about if you Matt an the crew were holding State shoot this year after last year meetin an shootin with you folks I was sure ready to see you guys again this year. Sorry to hear about the club as possum said you sure had a great facility and some right friendly folks. Take care yer Yankee Pard NK

Smokey;

Snakebite

Snakebite,

This is truly a sad thing of the CCC range closing. I started shooting Cowboy in Feb. 2006 and this was my home club. At this time the "neighboring" clubs were anywhere from a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hr drive away which made it a little hard for monthly neighboring club support. A sister club was built 1hr from CCC in 2009 and full support was given from that sister club. A Valiant effort was made by Smokey Shane during the past several months to bring the CCC club back around and he is to be commended. Hopefully with NEW management and the leadership of Smokey Shane and some of the other fine people from CCC another club can take the CCC place and once again be restored. Smokey and the small core group of CCC will always be and remain friends of mine.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds!!!!

Your Pal,

Slick

Sad news to hear of any Cowboy Shooting Club closing. Good

Luck to you S.Shayne and the rest of your gang working to get

another club up and running. Hopefully Slick can take off

with the next La. State Shoot. His range is absolutely one

of the finest to shoot at anywhere I've ever been.

....crosscut hardy

We have a few shooters here in the MD. VA. PA. and WV. area that spew enough poison to ruin any club that they wish.

Hud McCoy

Hud the above line of your post says it all regarding our club closing. It is so sad what jealously & enviousness does to people. I know of several other clubs that have this same issue of other club(s) causing problems. Life is too short & precious for this heartache in our lives. We've never given up on anything before....but this seems to get worse no matter how much we try. You just can't control what other people say or do. We'll miss the club so much. Thank you so much Calhoun Kid, Dixie Rebel, Doc Hickok, Mav Dutchman, Palmetto Slim, Phoenix Rose, San Saba, Smokey Shayne, Tumblin Tom, Oliver Loving & Savannah G for all your hard work, support & most of all...your friendship. Any club would be lucky to have you as their members. Looking forward to shooting with all of you again down the trail.

Your Friends,

Louisiana Lady

&

Matt Masterson

...my heart is sad at your closing...

...I wish the best for ya'll...

Hud the above line of your post says it all regarding our club closing. It is so sad what jealously & enviousness does to people. I know of several other clubs that have this same issue of other club(s) causing problems. Life is too short & precious for this heartache in our lives. We've never given up on anything before....but this seems to get worse no matter how much we try. You just can't control what other people say or do. We'll miss the club so much. Thank you so much Calhoun Kid, Dixie Rebel, Doc Hickok, Mav Dutchman, Palmetto Slim, Phoenix Rose, San Saba, Smokey Shayne, Tumblin Tom, Oliver Loving & Savannah G for all your hard work, support & most of all...your friendship. Any club would be lucky to have you as their members. Looking forward to shooting with all of you again down the trail.

Your Friends,

Louisiana Lady

&

Matt Masterson

Matt, Nora I like everyone who has posted are saddened by the closing of CCC. It is just too far for me to come for regular monthly matches, but I can't imagine ANYONE who has ever shot there complaining or bad-mouthing anyone there or the club, I have enjoyed everytime that Matt has out shot me there! Seriously, you had a beautiful location and range. The SASS family is lessened by its closing.

Me and Gypsie hate to hear this news. We were all set to come that way this coming May. Shot with y'all in 2010 and have been itching to come

back. Take care.

Yellowboy

• 3 weeks later...

This news saddens my hart,it is a shame for one of the best shooting places in the south to do this.

Choctaw Silver Wolf and I started shooting there when it was nothing but some hand rails and old tables.

I was told by Mat I had until the 15 of January to move my stage,OR it will be pushed to the burn pile .

again this is a shame ,I am going to give my stage to the Jackson Hole Regulators (Slick McClade )

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Rosie

Archived