SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2013

They's some mighty scary lookin' hombres right there.

Those pictures woke me from a sound sleep and the computer wasn't even on!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHA, ONE SPUR.

Now that right there, is funny.

That is such a rough looking group, that the dog went off his feed.

No way I could ride with that bunch. I just ain't that mean.

There is a story to seating one spur. I am at the hospital now. And cannot tell the story. Miss carol is in surgery as I wwrite this.

Cc

Prayers up for Miss Carol and you, my friend. Just call me for anything y'all need.

Well, we got Miss Carol home late today. She is having a tough time of it. Hope for a better day tomorrow. The surgery went well.

Spur story to follow tomorrow.

Blue Wolf, my avatar is my card. The young man at our gun shop prints them cheap and they are high quality.

• 1 month later...

MT, In my case it's sprung :D FYI After our monthly match yesterday it was decided by the BOD that this year AMBUSH AT CAVERN COVE 2013 will NOT be a lost brass match.Hope this helps with everyone attending this year. LSC

On a side note we will have covers for the loading and un-loading tables on the upper 5 stages this year they are almost complete now.

We are also installing fans for them for the warm weather too.

So LSC, you FINALLY came out of winter hibernation...welcome back to the land of the living.

I can understand about a no lost brass match...during these strange times it is an appropriate thing to do. And covered unloading/loading tables....man we gotta git ole Evil Bob to do that for us folks at Cherokee. You'd think a man that can afford those speshul allimagator shoes could spring for some covered loading/unloading tables :lol:

KK You just got to get Ol Evil Bob out of the shade and into the sun where he can see the light :lol::lol: And yes that was one of the topics we discussed yesterday

on trying to help the shooters out with times the way they are right now.Every little bit helps. LSC

KK, I'll see if I can find you an umbrella you can carry around.

LSC, I think the days of lost brass matches are over. It doesn't take that much time to pick it up and it really irritates a lot of shooters to loose expensive brass (44-40, 45 Colt etc) I think changing it is a good move.

LSC is not only come out of hibernation, he has come out of the closet, too!

He is now shootin' the Holy Black instead of that heathen smokeless, and lookin' dang spiffy doin' it!

I always knew there was a black powder shooter lurking inside that massive shell, just waitin' to break out!

LSC is not only come out of hibernation, he has come out of the closet, too!

He is now shootin' the Holy Black instead of that heathen smokeless, and lookin' dang spiffy doin' it!

I always knew there was a black powder shooter lurking inside that massive shell, just waitin' to break out!

Hmmmmm....that does explain a lot :o

Awww Bama thanks for the plug.It's just a big ol smoke screen dont cha know.Kinda fun playing on the dark side for a change.

Sides i think KK was getting tired of me whupping up on him in 49r.And now look at him, he's moved over to the dark side.

I can see a feud coming at AMBUSH this year. :o LSC

Yep BLB The smoke screen makes for a quick get away . <_<

Bob, how's the "Battle scar"? MT

I don't know about how it looks now but I did hear Brisket whispering to Blue Jeans something about his looks being improved after it happened. :D

And how about that great first aid available there on the range in Valdosta.....shotgun patch does wonders....and if we would have added a little Ballistol on the patch it would cured ole BLB from the shivers he gits what wuz caused by ole LSC mosquito repellant. :P

I am all healed up and ready for my driver's license photo. My thanks to Krazy Kajun for the use of his shotgun patches to stop the blood loss. However, I think the tourniquet was probably not necessary.

Speaking of Krazy Kajun, do not follow KK when he is navigating with his GPS set on Spanish. There's no telling where you'll end up.

I don't know about how it looks now but I did hear Brisket whispering to Blue Jeans something about his looks being improved after it happened. :D

And how about that great first aid available there on the range in Valdosta.....shotgun patch does wonders....and if we would have added a little Ballistol on the patch it would cured ole BLB from the shivers he gits what wuz caused by ole LSC mosquito repellant. :P

I wanted to try pouring a little BP on the wound, and light it off. Heard it works good to cauterize, stop bleeding and infection. Would have even given BB a bullet to bite down on. MT

I agree, the tourniquet around the neck was a little to much, especially when the eyeballs started coming out, and couldn't see the wound with the skin turning purple.

I wanted to try pouring a little BP on the wound, and light it off. Heard it works good to cauterize, stop bleeding and infection. Would have even given BB a bullet to bite down on. MT

I agree, the tourniquet around the neck was a little to much, especially when the eyeballs started coming out, and couldn't see the wound with the skin turning purple.

It worked for Clint Eastwood. Well, sort of. That was an arrow and he got good and drunk first. I think Rambo did it too but it looked like it hurt a lot. He didn't have any alcohol.

I am all healed up and ready for my driver's license photo. My thanks to Krazy Kajun for the use of his shotgun patches to stop the blood loss. However, I think the tourniquet was probably not necessary.

Speaking of Krazy Kajun, do not follow KK when he is navigating with his GPS set on Spanish. There's no telling where you'll end up.

Weren't my fault....dadgum Tuco Forsyth told me to change it to Spanish...thought there might'n be a shortcut. When ole Tuco found that didn't work he made me change it over to Portuguese....we finally ended up in prison...well at the prison anyway :lol:

Weren't my fault....dadgum Tuco Forsyth told me to change it to Spanish...thought there might'n be a shortcut. When ole Tuco found that didn't work he made me change it over to Portuguese....we finally ended up in prison...well at the prison anyway :lol:

And your sticking to that story??? MT

My English speaking GPS says turn left and there goes KK and Tuco turning right. We wandered thru pecan orchards and down narrow gravel top roads. Fortunately, I had plenty of gas because I didn't see a gas station for a hour. A couple of times, my English speaking GPS didn't even recognize we were on a road. Eventually, we did arrive at our destination, the Andersonville Prison. I guess when you put it into Spanish mode, it stays off of highways with painted lines.

Archived