SASS Wire Forum

Where is AJ, Driftwood, BJT, Rev Sayer Prayers, etc

Widder, SASS #59054

I don't know ifn some of you Pards have favorite Wire Pards or not but I sure do.

and when they don't post anything for a spell, I miss reading their comments.

Alot of folks 'make my day' sometimes with their post. Sometimes informative and sometimes not.....but nonetheless, I still enjoy hearing from and learning from alot of Pards.

I always read post by Manatee, Phantom, Allie Mo, PWB, Cowboy Rance, Texas Jim Henry, Philly Slim, Deuce, MADD MIKE, Creeker, 'Wed Wiver Way', Fireball, Korupt Karl.......and the list goes on and on.

But of late, I ain't seen much from AJ, Driftwood, BJT, The REV, and a few others.

Hope all you fellers are doin well. I always felt like I was getting some FREE education when reading some of their postings.

Thank goodness we still got Manatee and Phantom to help keep us enlightened.

..........Widder

I don't know ifn some of you Pards have favorite Wire Pards or not but I sure do.

and when they don't post anything for a spell, I miss reading their comments.

Alot of folks 'make my day' sometimes with their post. Sometimes informative and sometimes not.....but nonetheless, I still enjoy hearing from and learning from alot of Pards.

I always read post by Manatee, Phantom, Allie Mo, PWB, Cowboy Rance, Texas Jim Henry, Philly Slim, Deuce, MADD MIKE, Creeker, 'Wed Wiver Way', Fireball, Korupt Karl.......and the list goes on and on.

But of late, I ain't seen much from AJ, Driftwood, BJT, The REV, and a few others.

Hope all you fellers are doin well. I always felt like I was getting some FREE education when reading some of their postings.

Thank goodness we still got Manatee and Phantom to help keep us enlightened.

..........Widder

I reckon so ;)

GG

Lot of them are hanging out on the Saloon and the black powder forums.

I heard Driftwood is off taking banjo lessons.

Actually Patience made him get a job, with no more afternoon naps the po boy hasn't the stamina to get on the Wire as much these days.

Or shoot.

Or dance.

Or play with Gus.

Or pluck a banjo. :lol:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Actually Patience made him get a job, with no more afternoon naps the po boy hasn't the stamina to get on the Wire as much these days.

Or shoot.

Or dance.

Or play with Gus.

Or pluck a banjo. :lol:

"Or play with Gus"..

whoa... that sounds kinda bad...

Depends on whether Gus is human or not....

ts

"Or play with Gus"..

whoa... that sounds kinda bad...

Depends on whether Gus is human or not....

ts

Oh ts ol' pard, leave it to you. :lol:

Gus is Driftwood's dog, a Boston Terrier that snorts like a pig to me on the phone. :P

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

So... my long-haired Pard... ain't no problem.

So Gus is a dog... I love dogs... and was hopin' that was the EXACT case.

You... like many... maybe see that I just need to leave this place. They just do not understand me. I can not improve those numbers.

You tell me... I trust yore judgement.

ts

You... like many... maybe see that I just need to leave this place. They just do not understand me. I can not improve those numbers.

ts

ts - Pard, you do what feels best for you - you always have and hope ya always will. If ya decide to go, I, for one, will miss ya. I've always read your posts with interest.

So... my long-haired Pard... ain't no problem.

So Gus is a dog... I love dogs... and was hopin' that was the EXACT case.

ts

Leave?

Pwshaw! You're the reason I popped back on!

WBB, likewise, I hadn't heard from ya in a while and was thinkin' of askin'... but didn't know who! I'm thinkin' of gettin' a haircut... and need someone to talk me out of it! And since I ain't runnin' so much military freight right recently, was thinkin' of goin' up to Yankee land... time for a nother visit... have to schedule it so I can shoot wid ya!

WW, I've heard via the rumor mill that the Rev. was feelin' poorly, and haven't received an update in several months. Driftwood and AJ also hang out on another forum I frequent (I know, low standards); and I was meanin' to email AJ and DJ to find out what the problem was. Glad to hear they're just "busy" folks!

Most Pards wish I wouldn't post at all :angry: ......:lol:

Wyatt

Theres some truth to that Wyatt. Ya see, I've heert tell that some of those Gator pards are Jealous of you and your GF skills. Truth be known, I think they really look UP to you! ^_^

HEY: what you doin up so early this Saturday mornin. Gotcha a big shoot to go to?

I'm heading down to Cleveland (TN) and shoot with the Ocoee Rangers today. There maybe 90-100 shooters down there today. Great weather and its a great place to shoot.

..........Widder

Thanks for the kind words Widder. I get up about this time every morning at this age, I'm sure some folks are in the same boat.

No shootin today but Sunday we will be back at Ruskin for the start of the season. I'm excited to see what Chance Ramsey has in store for us..........YeeHaw!

Sounds like you have a fun day in front of you..........enjoy, I wish I was there!

Wyatt

Hey Wyatt,

Ifn I don't forget, I'll holler back at ya and let you know how the shootin went today.

I'm tryin out some new pistols with some 3.5" Octagon barrels from Slick McClade. PLUS, I got me a souped up Marlin in .32 H&R that is runnin flawless. Gona name it 'Widders Baby Bleu'.

Gona try and wring it out today.

Later

..........Widder

Well, Howdy and thanks for the kind words Widder

I am always afraid that some pards get tired of how pedantic I can get on the Wire sometimes.

Alas, yes it is true, I have gone back to work so I no longer have the kind of time I used to have to take afternoon naps and spout forth on the Wire.

Gus is our Boston Terrier. He was named after the Augustus McCrae character in Lonesome Dove. I figured a small dog needed a big name, and Gus was always very feisty. Here is a photo of me and Gus. Notice the intense stare, I think he has just spotted Blue Duck in the distance.

Gus and me

I hardly touch the banjo anymore, these days I mostly fool around on a button accordion. When I was playing banjo it was usually a 5 string, played clawhammer style. None of that newfangled, three finger, Scruggs style stuff. I also have a tenor (4 string) tuned an octave lower than a mandolin that I used mostly for Irish music.

WBB, likewise, I hadn't heard from ya in a while and was thinkin' of askin'... but didn't know who! I'm thinkin' of gettin' a haircut... and need someone to talk me out of it! And since I ain't runnin' so much military freight right recently, was thinkin' of goin' up to Yankee land... time for a nother visit... have to schedule it so I can shoot wid ya!

WW, I've heard via the rumor mill that the Rev. was feelin' poorly, and haven't received an update in several months. Driftwood and AJ also hang out on another forum I frequent (I know, low standards); and I was meanin' to email AJ and DJ to find out what the problem was. Glad to hear they're just "busy" folks!

Haircut??

What's a haircut?

(Of course if ever there was a reason for one it would be to get one by the lovely lady above this post. :) )

By all means come shoot with us sometime, we'll make smoke like the woods are on fire! And Driftwood will drag his tired butt out to shoot as well no doubt.

The schedule of shoots for the Northeast is always posted here: NE CAS dates

Driftwood's problems would take up a form all by itself ya konw. :P

pedantic = blabby

Haircut??

What's a haircut?

(Of course if ever there was a reason for one it would be to get one by the lovely lady above this post. :) )

By all means come shoot with us sometime, we'll make smoke like the woods are on fire! And Driftwood will drag his tired butt out to shoot as well no doubt.

The schedule of shoots for the Northeast is always posted here: NE CAS dates

Driftwood's problems would take up a form all by itself ya konw. :P

pedantic = blabby

Yep, been thinkin' if Rocky sets up to take donations to "Locks of Love" @ CAC, I might donate... If I got enough to spare! :P

I hardly touch the banjo anymore, these days I mostly fool around on a button accordion.

OMG... transitioning from the banjo to the accordian! What's next... bagpipes?!?

I sense a downward spiral from whence there may be no return! :wacko::blink::lol:

And all this time I thought you were Robert Redford's much younger brother. Guess that picture set me straight. Good lookin' dog, though! B)

Regards, TJH

Most Pards wish I wouldn't post at all :angry: ......:lol:

Wyatt

Applies to me also - luckily it's only one woman, and few fellers :lol: ...oh wait, forgot about the silent majority :unsure::lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Widder,

You have shouted out to some of the finest kind (save for one lazy loud mouthed cowboy writing this). And, in my opinion this thread was started by one of the best. The sad fact is one of my best shooting buddies lives 500 miles away and the other went and got himself killed. It has kinda taken the passion out of the whole affair.

Perhaps I need a break for some perspective.

Widder, I consider you the top hand. You have all the things I admire and wish I had, class, talent and a personality that just makes a body glad to be on this earth. Peace be with you. I hope to see you down the trail.

Black Jack Traven

Archived