SASS Wire Forum

Duracoat single action army

Curious to see if anyone has painted their single action. Got one I plan to strip the finish on and can't decide which color I like. Won't be any of the off the wall colors like black or gray. Something milder like lime green or John Deere yellow. :lol:

Curious to see if anyone has painted their single action. Got one I plan to strip the finish on and can't decide which color I like. Won't be any of the off the wall colors like black or gray. Something milder like lime green or John Deere yellow. :lol:

I thought PINK would be more your color :lol: :lol: :lol: Since your running that midget bordello and all, I guess ya need a goood looking pimp gun. I hope ya don't beat me with that gun, I don't think I could take it. :rolleyes:

Blue Wolf

I'm interested in this too. Been thinking more about a Cerakote on my SS OMVs...graphite black or midnight blue.

The look pretty good!

Cerakote Gallery

BTW, they do have some nice pink camo ones too... :ph34r:

Where's one of those little upchucking smiley faces when you need it? :angry:

I thought PINK would be more your color :lol: :lol: :lol: Since your running that midget bordello and all, I guess ya need a goood looking pimp gun. I hope ya don't beat me with that gun, I don't think I could take it. :rolleyes:

Blue Wolf

Oh I'd beat ya with it if ya bend down so's I could get to the top of ya noggin!! :P

Upchucking smiley? Don't sound like your kinda thread I assume. :)

Outrider I looked at them too and really liked their aluminum finish. Have to find someone in my area that does that coating tho. Have several that do the duracoat close by. ;)

Ya'll must have never met Gunzilla. :rolleyes:

I believe his red, white and blue Rugers are actually powder coated.

I've not seen the John Deere green and yellow pair, but I suspect they are the same.

I have one to refinish also. Anyone done this and what did you use? I've been looking at the oven baked finish that Brownells sells. All the color splotches looked to be the same color. Anyone used this? The brushed stainless is the one I am looking at.

I coated my sstl Rossi 1892 with Duracoat black. It clsoely matched an original 1892 reblued in the 1960's. The finish wore off the loading gate after sliding hundreds of cases over it. I did not coat the bolt and other action parts.

Worked well with a Preval spray kit. This precharged aresol unit has a small glass jar under the spray can wheer you add your paint. www.toolsusa.com or your local harwdare store. Its like a $6 spray system.

:ph34r: Clone? Do what you want with it. But to treat an actual Single Action Army (only Colt manufacturers them), like that... well... get yourself duracoated first! :ph34r: You're gonna need it!

:ph34r: Clone? Do what you want with it. But to treat an actual Single Action Army (only Colt manufacturers them), like that... well... get yourself duracoated first! :ph34r: You're gonna need it!

Why? My gun, my money. What's it to anybody what color I put on it or finish it? As long as I like it what does it matter.

Anyhow, doesn't look like anyone here has done one yet.

Didn't USFA at one time make some bigger single actions in magnum calibers that were coated at one time? Smokin Gator

I recall they were colored but I don't know if it was Duracoat.

Didn't USFA at one time make some bigger single actions in magnum calibers that were coated at one time? Smokin Gator

They were announced with the usual hooplah and fanfare but died abornin' I believe. Never made it into production as far as I can determine.

Just like about 90% of USFA's "announcements". Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of my USFA's but their constant failure to come up with the goods is discouraging.

Archived