SASS Wire Forum

Thanksgiving

Rye Miles #13621

Going to my sister's to have the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie, etc. We'll probably go outside after awhile and throw a football around then do some bs-ing, watch football and then later have chestnuts and probaly ham. I've lost 27 lbs. so I'm gettin ready for Thanksgiving one day at a time. Whadyall doin?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

I will cook a capon with a bottle jack in my big cooking fire place

http://gallery.me.com/windshadow#100173/Image-9A1E978E73A911DA&bgcolor=black

6 foot wide at the back burning 4 foot logs lots of fun to cook an old fashioned way once the colder weather arrives the bottle jack is brass near the right hand end of the crane in the photo above

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roasting_jack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bottle-jack.PNG

mine was made in the 1830s and still works like new

the bird will be served with parsnips and carrots and shallots and potato all braised in the basting pan under the bird and the liquid degreased and used for the gravy homemade cranberry sauce with orange zest and Grand Marnier

desert not yet decided

Let's see........................................

Welcome some guest and kinfolk. Pop open a bottle of Bulliet.....just to greet dem proper.

Talk abit while drinkin' some Bulliet.

Snak some on da fixins' and sipp on some Bulliet.

Eat dat turkey, and drink on some Bulliet.

Talk a little turkey and drink some Bulliet.

Den pass out from all dat food !!! :lol::P

Going out to eat with my mom, sister, and brother in law, then may take a drive up in the mountains to our cabin and do some shootin. Miz Grizz is headin down to spend the day with her mom and family.

Sticking close to home and avoiding traffic. We're having a Willie Bird Turkey, corn bread dressing, candied sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and a nice Alsatian Riesling. :) Happy turkey back at ya.

Going to my sister's to have the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie, etc. We'll probably go outside after awhile and throw a football around then do some bs-ing, watch football and then later have chestnuts and probaly ham. I've lost 27 lbs. so I'm gettin ready for Thanksgiving one day at a time. Whadyall doin?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

My dad usually goes to Parker to his cabin. So, I made plans with Peppers and LLC's family this year. I would liketo have Randys over too and all of us put together a dinner plate and drive it to our pal JJJ's at night... And of course I have to make a turkey, I can't think of a year I have not made one. It is a tradition and I can give leftovers to pals for dinners thru the week. Next year Peppers wants to have a fancy Turkey day. So, we are going to set up tables outside with fine china .. lol.. and invite people over the week before or after.. lol... Just because it will be fun... the holidays are for fun...

Staying home & cooking ham & beans with cornbread, watch a little football, tend to them rescue horses we took in. Sure wish my kids coulda made it in . . . -_-

I understand that. It will be very quiet here also, just the Mrs and I. Almost not worth cooking much

Heading for my wife's ungrateful nephews house in Omaha Ne. for three days of being ignored and treated rudely! The Mrs. knows I hate going but has pointed out if I'm a good boy there is a Cabelas and a Bass Pro shop nearby.

It will cost her dearly!

Heading for my wife's ungrateful nephews house in Omaha Ne. for three days of being ignored and treated rudely! The Mrs. knows I hate going but has pointed out if I'm a good boy there is a Cabelas and a Bass Pro shop nearby.

It will cost her dearly!

There ya go Marshal, make her pay!!!!!:lol:

Just my daughter & I here now, so it's pretty much just another day, except I don't have to work. Maybe we'll drive into town and find a restaurant serving the rest of the misfits with nowhere else to go either. :lol:

For 20 or so years, barring illness, my Thanksgiving has been, drive to my sister's house, meet entire family that's left on this side of the turf, eat ourselves stupid, shoot clay birds, eat some more, fall asleep on the couch watching college football, eat some more, hug family and go home. Over the years we have been remarkably consistent.

Archived