SASS Wire Forum

More guberment BS?

Deacon Will

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530520471223268.html

Own a vintage guitar and go to jail? :angry: THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MOMENT! If "THEY are going after vintage wood in guitars :wacko: .... how about wood grips? :o

Oh swell. Having played guitar for 50 years and bluegrass mandolin for 40, I happen to have a few classic, vintage instruments. :blink:

Guys like me don't do well in prison. Just my luck, I'd have a cell mate by the name of Mufasa. :unsure:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530520471223268.html

Own a vintage guitar and go to jail? :angry: THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MOMENT! If "THEY are going after vintage wood in guitars :wacko: .... how about wood grips? :o

New World Order where the masses are nothing more then slaves

Handgun grips could get the same treatment, ivory, rosewood, etc.

.................... :angry: ..AND knife handles? :o

Our tax dollars being abused again!

This has been going on for a while now..The Lacy act was passed because of the over-cutting of certain kinds of wood used in the construction of guitars and other instruments..Stuff like Brazilian rosewood and ivory have been used in pianos and guitars for years..Though not as much in recent times..Apparently the feds don't want to acknowledge the wood used in older instruments was harvested decades before the Lacy act was passed..Some of these instruments, such as pre-war Martin flattops- Are worth many thousands of dollars..As well as being, in many cases, cherished heirlooms that have been passed down several generations.. :unsure:

Can't help but wonder what the feds would do with these instruments once confiscated..A pre-war Martin Dreadnought in good shape can easily fetch upwards of $30-40 grand or more.. :angry:

And yes, this could affect ANYTHING the wood is used for, including grips and knife handles.. :wacko:

Also, all they have to do is "suspect" the wood in question is illegal in order to confiscate it..It may, in many cases, not even be an illegal wood <_<

I got a 1950 six string lap steel git-tar wif da tube amp, and carry case.

Gotta check to see what kind of wood it's made of. :blink:

Know it's made of some kind of wood. :unsure:

There's just something mentally unbalanced about a government that's worried about a few sticks of wood coming into the country and seems totally unconcerned about the real issues and problems facing this country. :wacko:

Doesn't only pertain to guitars. The inserts in the finger buttons for trumpets and cornets better not be real M-o-P/abalone. A friend who is a distributor of instruments had to pay excise on a few horns that came in because of that. He had to talk the maker's into using stone or plastic or just using all metal to avoid being dinged for every horn that comes in.

Next is probably violins, violas, bass fiddles. Just imagine loosing a million+ stradavarious because of the wood Stradavari used in the 17th century! :angry::rolleyes::blush:

Doesn't only pertain to guitars. The inserts in the finger buttons for trumpets and cornets better not be real M-o-P/abalone. A friend who is a distributor of instruments had to pay excise on a few horns that came in because of that.

Oh swell. Does that mean I'm going to get in trouble because of the grips on my dad's ol' Saturday night special?

Saturday Night Special

Oh swell. Does that mean I'm going to get in trouble because of the grips on my dad's ol' Saturday night special?

Saturday Night Special

That's really pretty.:blush:

Better direct the storm troops to your hardwood floors or old guittar.:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Howdy,

I heard about a fella who had his favorite pocket knife in his pocket when

he started thru the process of gittin on an airliner.

They told him he had to give up his fine old knife and he put it on the

counter and snapped the blade offn the handle.

Them gummint types were tryin to stop him but he was too quick fer em.

Seems busted knives dont bring too much....

He figgered if he couldnt have it nobody could.

Id bet there is an angle here where them gummint types are makin a few bucks...

Best

CR

Archived