SASS Wire Forum

Please bear with me

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05506.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05507.jpg

---while I brag about my Granddaughter, Skyler, just one more time. She joined me again today and shot in our monthly 22 steel silhouette shoot and out of 40 targets she hit 36. She only missed one chicken, one pig, one turkey and one Ram. I bought her a new gun and she had only shot it once this past week and she really proved to be a trooper. Skyler followed instructions very well and did a fantastic shooting job. Yep, she has a very proud Papa.

Her new gun is a Savage Mark II 22 cal. SS glassed with a Nikon 6x24x50. We shoot at 84 yds, 105,154 and 212 yds. Skyler just turned 9 June 2,2011.

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

How's that for a Father's Day gift? :wub:

Thanks for letting me brag a little. :D:D:D

Pulp,

We shoot everything from the bench. We had to fight the wind today. I managed to pull out a 40x with the .17 cal but it was tough.

Way to go, Skyler!!

Congrats, CC - and happy Father's Day!

CC, Just can't wait till my granddaughter Skylar gits dat age.

She's still only 6 !!

But she wants to make smoke and noise like her Grandpaw does !

Congrats CC ! ;)

Charlie - way to go! Congrats, Skyler.

I'd give most anything if any of my kids or grandkids showed any interest in shooting. That's a wonderful chance to bond with your granddaughter, Charlie. I envy you!

Charlie - way to go! Congrats, Skyler.

I'd give most anything if any of my kids or grandkids showed any interest in shooting. That's a wonderful chance to bond with your granddaughter, Charlie. I envy you!

Congratulations CC. My son is home from the US Marine Corps and we are going to take his kids shooting when I get back from a sales trip to Montana. That little gal would make any grandpa pop his buttons!

WW

Grandkids.... like little rays of sunshine.

Grandparents are supposed to brag right?? :->

Skylar is a very cute little girl and lucky to have a grandpa that wants to spend time with her.

I got my grand daughter her first pair of red cowgirl boots this week.

She will be 2 years old in August.

I am looking forward to teaching her to shoot someday.

I think it would be cute to have her alias be "Minor Complications" but she would constantly have to explain that her Nana is Complicated Lady.

She might not think it's so cute.

Congratulations! My little angel is only 11 months, but she has a Daisy Red Ryder already thanks to Grandpa ;)

P.S. So good to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day as I loaded up my leather ammo strip!

BSD

Thank you all for the kind comments. I will pass them along to Skyler. She will be thrilled to read these threads. I started several years ago having this dream of her shooting with me but I really didn't think it would ever happen. I have truly been blessed.

Here is her Mom with her. (our daughter Jenny)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05505.jpg

Hey CC!

You've got a couple of keepers there! Congrats to Skyler...

Archived