SASS Wire Forum

goin to mesa and sedona az

MMJ#89586

I would definitely visit Wild West Mercantile when in Mesa. I can't leave the place without a few hundred bucks worth of new cowboy duds.

There's a small museum near downtown Sedona. Otherwise it's a beautiful place full of tourists. If you want a real fine meal try the Silver Saddle Room at the Cowboy Club.

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Both were beautiful. Just the drive up through Sedona from the south was breathtaking. We visited Slide Rock State Park (and I did slide down the 50-degree-water-slide).

One warning: on the 89a South, there is a store with a big banner that says "Wild West Something-or-other," and I was all excited. It turned out to be nothing but chintzy south-western "art" and bad perfume. Nothing Wild West about it. There is a nice genuine cowboy store on Sedona's main street, though. Small, but nice stuff. The name escapes me, but the street is small enough that you should find it. They have replica cowboy guns in the window.

Any where I should visit while I'm there?

Im just down the road from Sedona in Flagstaff, send me a e mail at dr3498@hotmail.com an I will hook you up with the "best of by those of us who live and work here" Share with me on what kinda time you have.....

Tuzigoot National park and Montezuma Castle National park. Buy the pass that is good for both parks.

Cholla

^^^good idea

If you have 4 hours in Sedona and like ruins try the "Pink Jeep" tour of the Sinaguan cliff dwellings. Gives you a real nice sense of the areas past. (Other tour groups do the run as well but I don't have any experience with them)

Oh and if you also have time to do Jerome, be sure to have dinner at "The Asylum" on the top of the mountain. Pricey but worth every dime for the food, atmosphere and views.

In Sedona you can visit the Cowboy Corral, see Miss Kitty, she had a good selection of period correct clothing, yea and eat at the Cowboy Club, cactus fries and rattlesnake.

TB

1+ on the Cowboy Corral. Check out their Exclusive Hats (Made expressly for Cowboy Corral) by Cripple Creek Hat Co. Last time we were there, found one that the wife fell in love with on me, and she insisted I get it. Fits and looks far better then any "off the rack" offering by any common maker, at least on MY melon.

Jus' my 0.02

:FlagAm: While you are in the Mesa area, give us a shout. Would love to make some new friends. Maybe we can go out for dinner. We know some really good, non gringo Mexican food establishments that offer up some good eat'in. If not into Mexican, we know of some other excellent places to dine. We shoot at Rio Salado and have a good time. Let me know and I will P.M. you with a phone number. I might have missed it, but what are the dates you plan on being here?

Regards,

Chas B. Wolfson :)

Hello the camp! Yeah, whut Chaz and Vance Montata said. I live in Sierra Vista a hill or two and a half-hour from Tombstone Livery; there is a shoot there at least 3 weekends a month. See CAS link at http://www.acsainc.com/. mm

Hey all, I'm new here, one quick note to add for Sedona, you have to go to Sally's BBQ. It's quite literally a hole in the wall where you order the food from and then you go and eat in a small room that has all sorts of autographed photos of various celebrities on the walls. Best BBQ beef sandwich I've ever had! Just stop and ask anyone that works in the town and they will definitely be able to point you in the direction of the place.

+1 on Jerome as well! It's only about 30 minutes away from Sedona and well worth the trip. I think total population for the town is under 700, nice and quaint.

Thomas Maverick

If you go over to Jerome, git some Fudge here. :)

Jerome is an old mining town way up atop the mountain!!! Great place to visit and yea the fudge was good!!!!

Check out the town of Cave Creek and have dinner at the Buffalo Chip Saloon and watch the Bull Riding!!!

Howdy,

I grew up in Mesa and lived in Cottonwood until '06. If you like wine....when you're in Jerome visit the Caduceus Cellars Tasting Room. Wine is by novice winemaker M. J. Keenan. I bought several bottles when he first started producing and I think they're very nice. The vineyard is in Cornville on Page Springs Road. www.caduceuscellars.com

Miss Cubbie

Hello the camp! Yeah, whut Chaz and Vance Montata said. I live in Sierra Vista a hill or two and a half-hour from Tombstone Livery; there is a shoot there at least 3 weekends a month. See CAS link at http://www.acsainc.com/. mm

+1 on the Tombstone Livery.Great guy owns and runs it and the shoots there are excellent.A friend of mine and I just got back from a 5 week shooting trip and Tombstone was on our list.Had a great time shooting with really good folks.

Archived