SASS Wire Forum

new wild bunch ruger 1911

Guest diablo slim shootist

http://www.thefire

armblog.com/blog/2...-photo-leaked/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/04/11/the-ruger-1911-photo-leaked/

Nice, but too tricked out..still, it's a Ruger, so I wouldn't mind have'n it :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Got an e-mail from drtv that the Ruger 1911 is will be officially announced at the NRA meeting April 29-May 1st. It looks great it's on my next to buy list.

Well I know but I'm a Ruger type of a cowboy. Call me a fool, but I can't help myself. Just have to add it to my collection.

They will have it on down range tv Wednesday. Micheal Bane isn't that right?

I've shot both prototype and production models, and they are pretty impressive guns (keeping in mind that Ruger is a sponsor of my shows, so I am a relentless whiore and pathetic shill). Key point for me is that Ruger made the (expensive) decision to manufacture almost all of their own parts; my understanding is that they're going to offer a line of Ruger-branded 1911 parts. This gives Ruger complete cotrol over a major source of quality problems with 1911s. Both Marshal Hallkoway and I have spent a lot of time in the Ruger factory on the 1911 line, and we were pleasently surprised as some of the decisions Ruger made -- using EDM to cut the breech face, for example. The frames and slide are machined from bar stock; interestingly enough, the barrel and bushing are cut from the same piece of bar stock. Was also very impressed with assembly, under the close eye of 1911 master gunsmiths.

Videos up at DRTV; this week's podcast DOWN RANGE Radio will also focus on the Ruger SR1911...

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Thanks wolf bane. That is so cool. I've been a Ruger person all my life. But I do shoot others guns. It just wood not be cowboy of me to do so.

I've shot both prototype and production models, and they are pretty impressive guns (keeping in mind that Ruger is a sponsor of my shows, so I am a relentless whiore and pathetic shill). Key point for me is that Ruger made the (expensive) decision to manufacture almost all of their own parts; my understanding is that they're going to offer a line of Ruger-branded 1911 parts. This gives Ruger complete cotrol over a major source of quality problems with 1911s. Both Marshal Hallkoway and I have spent a lot of time in the Ruger factory on the 1911 line, and we were pleasently surprised as some of the decisions Ruger made -- using EDM to cut the breech face, for example. The frames and slide are machined from bar stock; interestingly enough, the barrel and bushing are cut from the same piece of bar stock. Was also very impressed with assembly, under the close eye of 1911 master gunsmiths.

Videos up at DRTV; this week's podcast DOWN RANGE Radio will also focus on the Ruger SR1911...

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

The manufacturing is just as the Gun Blast review video I posted said - love it!

I watched that! it was great!! Thanks for that Gunner. Looking forward to seeing one in person. Should be a blast.

I watched that! it was great!! Thanks for that Gunner. Looking forward to seeing one in person. Should be a blast.

I am on the same page as you pard! :D

The frames and slide are machined from bar stock;

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Are you positive on that?

I'm pretty sure your video shows & you state that the frames are cast (at Pine Tree)... :unsure:

$599. Wow great price. What state are you in?

I WANT ONE!

Now if I could just find the money...

Hey Bane, side by side, how does it compare against say the Remington 1911R1? I never did buy the Remington, bills wiped out the gun fund before I was able to buy it. With the new Ruger 1911, maybe that was a good thing...

Grizz

I WANT ONE!

Now if I could just find the money...

Hey Bane, side by side, how does it compare against say the Remington 1911R1? I never did buy the Remington, bills wiped out the gun fund before I was able to buy it. With the new Ruger 1911, maybe that was a good thing...

Grizz

Ah yes, patience is a virtue grasshopper :D

$599. Wow great price. What state are you in?

I'm in Seattle, WA.

FYI, I did notice on the Ruger spec sheet that the pistol is not CA or MA compliant.

Well that really sucks. That puts a crimp in my plans. Have to what I can do now.

Are you positive on that?

I'm pretty sure your video shows & you state that the frames are cast (at Pine Tree)... :unsure:

Correct.

The slide, barrel and bushing are machined from bar stock at the Prescott factory, frame is cast from their Investment Casting facility in NH.

In the future and if the market wants it, Ruger will be able to produce up to 16 different configurations of this 1911.

I would not be surprised if we'll a Wild Bunch version as well, but I think we have to wait until 2012 before that happens.

I have posted the video on CAScity as well in case you missed it: http://www.cascity.com/the-ruger-sr1911-video/1569/

Goodbye Springfield, HELLO Ruger!!!!

Goodbye? Nope. I learned my lesson. I don't get rid of guns that work.

I just add new ones to the pile. :lol:

Goodbye? Nope. I learned my lesson. I don't get rid of guns that work.

I just add new ones to the pile. :lol:

EXACTLY!!! :)

• 3 months later...

Archived