SASS Wire Forum

Baikal double...who does action work on them ?

Dee Mak Jack, SASS #55905

Title pretty much says it all. I was dreaming of an SKB but my buget just can handle it. So, I need to get my Baikal tuned up a bit and go with it. So who is the best mechaninc on these guns. I already have the Papa Daves cocking cams in it and they work great. Looking to get the hammer springs lightened some and the bevels cut into the chamber mouth.

I have 2 done by Nate Kiowa Jones at stevesgunz.com He's listed in the back of the Chronical.

The guns are both great. They open wide and easy and don't slam open like the Stoeger's do.

Check with him, you won't be dissappointed.

JEL

My recommendation would be Gunslinger. Great work, fast turn around.

gun1@chilitech.com

972/617-6511

+1

Dee, here's another vote for Gunslinger. He has certainly done a bunch of them.

bb

• 6 months later...

I too can vouch for Gunslinger.

He did wonders for my Baikal mule-eared coach gun, and the price was right.

He installed a nice BIG brass bead.

He reduced the effort to work the opening lever by at least 50%. (A MAJOR improvement)!

He made the shotgun just fall open on its own once the lever is activated ... no effort whatsoever to open it.

He removed about 75% of that bulky hourglass extractor to get it out of the way.

He beveled the entrances to both chambers so there are no sharp edges there to hang you up.

He polished the chambers so empties will just fall out.

I told him to leave the hammers and triggers alone, else he probably would have reduced the effort to cock and the trigger pull as well.

All for $125.00

How many votes for Gunslinger? Here is another one. Nate is great, but Gunslinger gets 'er done. After he did mine the only person I can bitch about when I screw up the shotgun on a stage is me.

Nate did a good job for me!

Nate Jones sales them and does great work on them.I have two Baikals well three counting the one Johnny Meadows did for my grandson it is super slick also.

There is a cowboy shooter here in GA named Joe West. He does good work on Baikals. YOu can contact him through the Cherokee Cowboys website.

Title pretty much says it all. I was dreaming of an SKB but my buget just can handle it. So, I need to get my Baikal tuned up a bit and go with it. So who is the best mechaninc on these guns. I already have the Papa Daves cocking cams in it and they work great. Looking to get the hammer springs lightened some and the bevels cut into the chamber mouth.

Another thumbs up for Gunslinger. He did wonders for mine!

Archived