SASS Wire Forum

Castle Doctrine used this week in Texas

Texas Man

A couple of days ago here in San Antonio, Texas an old couple upstairs in their home when they heard a noise down stairs. The Eldery Husband goes down to find a young guy standing in his house in front of a sliding glass door that he had just broken in thur. The Eldery Man ask him whats he is doing as the Eldery Wife enters the room with a handgun in her hand. In front of her husband she lets go and one shot and he punk is dead right there.

In an enterview the Cheif of Police makes a statement on T.V. "When You decide to break into a persons house they may be armed in Texas".

No Charge will be filed and One less theif in Texas.

CCP holder on the day before was driving down the street and saw an older woman being attacted by a pit bull dog, He stops to help and shoots the dog saving her life. No charge filed on her Cheif of police said He was defending a 3nd person. Right on.

Texas Man

That's one of many good reasons to live in Texas. We have a Governor who supports the right of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves against criminal garbage. IMHO Rick Perry should run for President.

A couple of days ago here in San Antonio, Texas an old couple upstairs in their home when they heard a noise down stairs. The Eldery Husband goes down to find a young guy standing in his house in front of a sliding glass door that he had just broken in thur. The Eldery Man ask him whats he is doing as the Eldery Wife enters the room with a handgun in her hand. In front of her husband she lets go and one shot and he punk is dead right there.

In an enterview the Cheif of Police makes a statement on T.V. "When You decide to break into a persons house they may be armed in Texas".

No Charge will be filed and One less theif in Texas.

CCP holder on the day before was driving down the street and saw an older woman being attacted by a pit bull dog, He stops to help and shoots the dog saving her life. No charge filed on her Cheif of police said He was defending a 3nd person. Right on.

Texas Man

May we have your link please?

I'm loving the fact that it was the elderly WOMAN that shot the creep.

And you can bet that had she not decided to get that gun and do what needed to be done.... those elderly, innocent people ....

well let's just say the out come probably would have been that someone's parents, someone's grandparents would have been found killed in their own home.

I am so glad that she is not being charged with a "crime"

The accomplice should be charged with Felony Murder and serve a minimum 25 years!!!

Thank goodness for their ability to protect themselves, the thought of what could have happened.

Doc

Oh he will be. I don't know if it's a federal crime but in Texas if you commit a crime and someone/anyone gets killed you are charged with that murder. The way the courts look at it is if you commit the crime you contributed to the death no matter who was killed.

Oh he will be. I don't know if it's a federal crime but in Texas if you commit a crime and someone/anyone gets killed you are charged with that murder. The way the courts look at it is if you commit the crime you contributed to the death no matter who was killed.

Arizona Law, also. :wacko:

Not a Federal crime but many states charge accomplices when a murder is committed or a death occurs during a felony.

It seems to me that when you undertake a life of crime, like any other job, you should have to accept the job-related hazards concomitant with your choice.

That couple would have been sleeping peacefully through the night, had not the low-life decided to victimize them. Bad choice. Comes with the job.

Cheers,

FJT

Too bad that the old couple had to deal with this - but good for them for protecting themselves and not being victims.

I agree with Comp. Lady - there is some kind of poetic justice that it was granny who shot the thug.

The WOAI news story says no charges are expected to be filed.

This is not right. The punk that ran away could and should be charged with homicide as he was a willing participant in a crime that resulted in death.

The old couple are of course immune to prosecution and civil liability under Texas law, but the accomplice should do a long stretch.

I would bet that most people in Texas are not aware that Gov. Perry has a CHL & packs iron all the time, even though he doesn't need to. He has DPS body guards. I'll also bet that even fewer folks know that a CHL holder can carry in the capitol building and may bypass the magnotometer by showing the CHL.

A 95 year old man who lived by himself in Tuscaloosa, Al. had 2 young men come to his door and asked if he had any work they could do. He said no and they left. A few minutes later they returned asking for a drink of water. He told them to drink from the spigot on the side of the house. He overheard them talking about robbing him, so he got his rifle and pointed it in their direction and told them to leave. One of the would be robbers pulled a handgun and the old man opened fire. They 2 men fled the scene, but 1 was arrested a short time later. This was reported on the local news and also in the Jan issue of Americian Hunter in the Armed Citizen section. The TV interview the old man was sitting in his easy chair with a lever rifle leaning against the wall next to it. When asked why he wasn't afraid he said;"You can only die once, and I ain't affraid to go".

That's one of many good reasons to live in Texas. We have a Governor who supports the right of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves against criminal garbage. IMHO Rick Perry should run for President.

I dont know wat the original post waz about but Rick Perry shud marry Kevin Costner & live in Bumfudge 'n adobt monkeys from the womb of Jane Fonda :wacko:

Dang Hoss, Governor Good Hair might not be the best of all time, but he is better than any other state's governor. I especially like the way he stands up to the feds and tells them to butt out, especially the EPA. That Trans Texas Corridor was a very bad ideer and a swindle but just what did he do to torque your jaws?

I would bet that most people in Texas are not aware that Gov. Perry has a CHL & packs iron all the time, even though he doesn't need to. He has DPS body guards. I'll also bet that even fewer folks know that a CHL holder can carry in the capitol building and may bypass the magnotometer by showing the CHL.

Well, before the coyote shooting incident last year you would have been right :D

It seems to me that when you undertake a life of crime, like any other job, you should have to accept the job-related hazards concomitant with your choice.

That couple would have been sleeping peacefully through the night, had not the low-life decided to victimize them. Bad choice. Comes with the job.

Cheers,

FJT

Concomitant! Not a word you hear in every day conversation, but you are absolutely right, sir. I would also think the law should consider that the criminals and all others must accept that hazard and not be able to sue for their injuries.

Concomitant! Not a word you hear in every day conversation, but you are absolutely right, sir. I would also think the law should consider that the criminals and all others must accept that hazard and not be able to sue for their injuries.

.... not a word I've EVER heard .....

......... mayhaps an explanation would help ......... please.

I voted for Gov. Perry both times and the first thing I look at with anyone running for office is how they stand on gun issures. I love when he told the Federal Gov. to keep their money and with Gov. Perry He does not beat around the bush on an issure He will tell Yoiu how He stands and I like that even when I take another side.

One thing I was not with Perry on was the Trans Texas Corridor and it was perhaps his greatest downfall alone with him wanting toll roads. I think it will try to come up again sometime in the future and again I will not back Him on that. I know who some of his surporters are on the matter and I do business with some of them as well. The Trans Texas Corridor project would have put money in My pocket because as many of You know I am in heavy constuction myself and I could have made several million dollars off the project at least but I was against it from the start and several of My friends on both sides of it had issures with Me because of how I stood. Its still a sore subject around Us to this day. Also a business friend of mine had ask me to invest in proptery that was next to the Corridor and after She and I invested it looks like it may take a while before it pays off for Us.

Perry is a buddy of Perter Holt of Holt Cat and the great grandson of the inventer of the Caterpiller and founder of the Caterpiller Equitment Co. Peter is also the owner of the San Antion Spurs Basketball Team. Perry has also appointed Peter Holt to several state special commisions.

Gov. Perry is also trying to work on the Border Issure and seems to have no help from Our Great President. Taking His strong points and concidering his weak points I feel he is a good Governor so far.

Texas Man

Good for the folks from Texas and we can hope this gives every hobgoblin reason to think twice about trying to rob anyone young or old. This probably sweet little old lady was a wolf in sheeps clothing and she dealt with the coyotes in the proper manner.

OT but afterthe terrible home invasion murder of a woman and the brutal assault on her young daughter here in NH our 4 term governor has stated he is FINALLY going to conisder bills that expand the classification of capital crimes to include incidents like this.

Iron Pony, Unbelievable and that is not concidered bad enought to get the death sentence?

I think this can apply to ever state. The story goes,,,,,,Years ago a New York Newspaprer man was here in San Antonio, Texas and as he stood on a street corner down town he saw a Texas Gunman pull a pistol and kill a man right before his eyes on the sidewalk. In total shock He turned to an Old Texan and said "Oh My God He just killed that man and the Old Texas replyed " Yes Son in Texas there are a lot of Men that need killing".

The deed You just told about is far past what neds to be done.

Texas Man

Archived