SASS Wire Forum

With the lotto at 330 million

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Win the bigtime lotto at 330 million, what sort of shootin irons would you buy?

How much fun would that be?

Could I just go shoppin at the Cody Museaum????

Best

CR

Hang on a minute, I'm gettin' dizzy... :wacko: :wacko:

Roy

Think I'd take a shot at that Serial #1 Colt Single Action Army the next time it came up for auction. Then I'd start shopping for that "just right" piece of Texas Hill Country property that I could build my dream home on, which would include - of course - my own state of the art CAS range. Then I'd send out an invite for my friends to come on down!

Regards, TJH

PS But I suppose this means I have to buy a ticket, right? :wacko:

Maybe a pair of Colts - engraved, of course. Or a pair of USFAs all deluxed out with just about every option. I've also been hankerin' for a pair of S&W break-tops...

Like Dirtwater Doc said, "One of everything..." all slicked up and smooth as butter.

Based on taking the annuity option, $12.6 million a year (before taxes) for 26 years might make for a comfortable living. :wacko: Of course, base on the odds, I'm more likely to be elected President of the United States!

Probably start with a new safe or three, I'd need them.

Then go to my current want list, Ruger SASS Vaqueros from long hunter, coedymatic 73, quality SxS

Then on to my wish list, pair of colts, a couple of 1911s, etc etc etc etc

It's fun to dream, but I'm awake now, so I guess I should got work on that leaking terlit in the basement. Life goes on.

I would SERIOUSLY consider investing in Colt Mfg and if possible bring back some of their best stuff.....Python, etc...

PLUS, keep improving the quality of their SAA.

I would also think about buying Marlin from Remington and produce some of the best Cowboy rifles anywhere.....out of the box.

..........Widder

All of them......

But a few nice Merwins would be on my list first.

I suppose with that money, I would buy a Walker or two as well, or probably try to get an example of everything Colt made, along with Remington and Smith, and........

DM

Hmmmmm... probably just shoot until it's gone..... :wacko::wacko::D;)

I'd spend a few mil on bri, er, "lobbying" (yeah, that's the word) to get laws changed in one of my favorite caribbean island nations so we could have CAS and legal reloading down there. That would end the internal debate about where to winter....... Mebbe buy a defunct resort and turn it into a "shooter's paradise" where ya could get yer suntan, snorkel the reef, and shoot a match "all inclusive".....

Six Browing .50 cals, of course fitted into the wing of a P-51 Mustang D model for starters, I would also buy a B-25 with the nose guns and then maybe an F-4 Phantom, I did see an SU-27 on the private market that would tempting

First and foremost, a pair of genuine Remington 1875 blued revolvers in .44 Remington or .45 lc. B)

Next, an original 1860 iron frame Henry, and enough .44Henry ammo to shoot it for the rest of my life. :blink:

A steel barreled 1882 Remington 10ga SxS exposed hammer shotgun. :blink:

A pair of model P juniors for my grandson to use when he's old enough. :lol:

A good competition grade holster rig for my son, Hatfield. :D:D

A college education at whatever institution for both of my grandsons. :FlagAm:

A certain peice of property that adjoins my home range.

A peice of property near the Bighorn Mountains large enough to fire a 155 howitzer in any direcrion and have the projectile land on my property. ;)

AND A GATLING GUN!!! :wacko:

Based on taking the annuity option, $12.6 million a year (before taxes) for 26 years might make for a comfortable living. :FlagAm: Of course, base on the odds, I'm more likely to be elected President of the United States!

Better take the lump sum payment. Don't know if there is any state or government that exists that I would take a 26 year I.O.U. From for $300 MM!

As far as what guns I'd buy? With that kind of bankroll I would be more worried about hiring the men to shoot them than what they were.

"Why don't you hire men? These days men are cheaper than guns."

Maybe

A BAR

A Thompson

A couple Barrett M82a1 or M107

A few SMG's

A couple Glock 18's

A Couple Henry's would be nice

A 1 of 1000 1873

A few Shilo Sharps

Some Colt SAA not to shoot since they are to small for my hands.

Maybe that 1911-2011 Colt 45

Oh yeah half the state of Montana and maybe a Small Island somewhere in the Caribbean

I imagine I'd wind up with some sort of motor home, or truck and trailer, load up thousands of rounds and travel from shoot to shoot for a while.

+1, I like your thinking!

I would not buy more guns.

I would buy a big chunk of empty land where I could shoot the hell out of the ones I already own.

Six Browing .50 cals, of course fitted into the wing of a P-51 Mustang D model for starters, I would also buy a B-25 with the nose guns and then maybe an F-4 Phantom, I did see an SU-27 on the private market that would tempting

The J ground attack model with the 75mm in the nose? ;):FlagAm:

I imagine I'd wind up with some sort of motor home, or truck and trailer, load up thousands of rounds and travel from shoot to shoot for a while.

By "load up" I assume you mean have someone put them in the trailer for you..... I would certainly CONTRACT to have thousands of rounds loaded to my specs.

And for a wish list, I would start with the history of the revolver, from the Paterson, Walker, Dragoon, etc., and continue on with long guns: Spencers, Evans, Sharps, Henrys and so on. The wish list would never be complete.

And a Gemini 34, so I don't have to shoot on January 1 anymore.......

Buena suerte,

eGG

I would not buy more guns.

I would buy a big chunk of empty land where I could shoot the hell out of the ones I already own.

+1.

You don't own things, your things own you. Materialism is slavery.

I'd keep enough to live on comfortably and securely, put aside the same amount to split up among friends and family, then use the remaining $300 or so million to set up a charitable foundation.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone a fortune if they cured cancer or something, but I'd feel weird sitting on hundreds of millions in cash and toys for dropping a buck at a Stop 'n' Go.

one or 2 of just about everything and Build a Gun Vault in the basement I would have to dig or just build another house.

And perhaps a P-38 modified to Merlins instead of the allisons and 4 bladed props so I could run with the P51 above.

What the heck just about everybody has a back up 97, why not a back up engine

Howdy,

I hear a couple folks 'out west' won the big bucks.

Anyone we know??

4 8 15 25 47 and 42

Shoot I was gonna bet them too.....hahaha

Best

CR

Just to give you an idea of far it would go, here are the auction prices on some nice firearms that I came across in today's Wall Street Journal.

Magnificent The Very First "1 of 1000" Winchester 1876 Lever Action Rifle, With Deluxe Gold Trim. $494,500

The finest known condition original Presentation Colt Single Action Army Buntline and stock from the Prominent J.A. Hegeman & Stagecoach Museum collections. $368,000

Magnificent Factory Engraved, New Haven Arms No. 1 Lever Action Pocket Pistol with Original Box. $143,750

Factory Cased Serial Number 51 Colt No. 3 Belt Model Paterson Percussion Revolver with Accessories. $414,000

These are from the Rock Island Auction Company in Moline, IL.

Regards, TJH

PS Dusty - I like the way you think! :rolleyes:

I think I would start a much more intense version of the NRA. Out here in CA, the NRA has sort of abandoned us, so I would try and do something to stop all the BS we get shoved down our throats. With that kind of money, I think I could get very aggressive lawyers to do some real damage to the democrat machine.

hud(yea the poitics here are bad, but its gonna be 68-70 today)

There are a handful of guns I'd buy, but not many. I'd rather buy acreage in central or southern AZ where there's little to no snow in the winter and retire there. If it weren't for the snow, I'd buy land in northern AZ or UT so I'd be close to the Grand Canyon and the UT and CO parks instead. I'd probably also buy a condo close to downtown Reno to have a place to stay during the Air Races and to go an gamble once in a while and so friends and relatives could go and play and not have to pay for a hotel. I've never been much of a gambler, but then I've never had enough money that I was comfortable gambling with it other than an ocassional penny ante poker game. The majority of the money though, would be invested so it could grow. Call me paranoid, but being in my mid 40's I'm still young enough that I'd worry about outliving my money. I'd also give some to a couple of our favorite charities and since we have no kids and won't, I'd set up 529 plans for our nieces and nephews.

Archived