SASS Wire Forum

How many would like a Gunsmithing forum?

Doc Fill 'Em 67797

I love guns! And I like talking about and working on guns. What about a Gunsmithing or gun related forum. A big part of SASS is guns, right?

Come on, who's with me? What would it take to make it happen?

CAS City has such a forum, I just like the Wire better.

Interested, but not feasiable unless they do something to speed things up, this is pretty slow web site, I would think adding another forum will just slow it down even more, the way it is now cowboys/cowgirls are asking questions about their guns now and people are responding with answers and even gunsmiths are chiming in.

I vote to get the speed up and this web site before adding anything, I'm tired of slow responses, logging in and the replying to threads, takes way to long and I have cable interent, the other forums I frequent are faster, maybe not as much traffic as this one, but they do have alot of people on these forums and they have way more places to go on these forums as this one, so they need to work on the server, update or whatever it takes to get this thing going

Ok, I've said what I wanted I guess

All for now JD Trampas

Good idea Doc.

Only down side I see is that some of our best gunsmiths are soooooo busy with their work that they ain't got time to get on the computer.

But, I do think its a good idea that warrants serious consideration.

..........Widder

I'd love to see an "Equipment" forum. I'm getting into SASS because I like shooting guns, working on guns, and talking about guns (and not necessarily in that order). I'm new here so I'm not going to complain, but I skip over all of the threads about categories and procedures. I got into SASS to play Cowboy, not politician.

I just go to CAS City if I want that forum. No need for 1 here too. All this info being spread out all over just makes me frustrated when I try to find something specific.

DM

As Dalton has stated, CAS city has the forum, have used it several times to look up stuff, now you ruger fans and I'm one of them, the ruger forum has a section and you can just about find anything there, now the marlin owners forum has the same thing for you marlin owners, their is a wealth of information there for marlin owners, now granted alot of the post will send you to our own cowboy's site Maruader's web site, not just marlins, he has ruger's, shotguns and rifles and now has the pump rifle section as well. So basically if they did it here I would say it would be the same thing over and over that these other forums have already said, this is just my view, but I will say I have used Maruader's web site more than the others. For you 1911 guys, the 1911forum has a section for this also, don't forget the Open Range, they have a section also, there are plenty of web sites for gunsmithing if you want to do the search, I have all of these as my favorites so it doesn't take long to go there, I don't have to keep typing each one in to go there.

We need more updates on this server and more speed

All for now JD Trampas

I love guns! And I like talking about and working on guns. What about a Gunsmithing or gun related forum. A big part of SASS is guns, right?

Come on, who's with me? What would it take to make it happen?

CAS City has such a forum, I just like the Wire better.

I say no.

As you can ask and receive any of that info on here now. No need for another little fourn just for that.

CAS City is so broken up into small little things. That I never go there.

Would not like to see that happen here.

We need more updates on this server and more speed

All for now JD Trampas

Ayup.

I agree with Anvil Al, when things get so compartmentalized they can be hard to follow and keep up on.I like the mix, well, most of it, that we have here now.

Grizz

The way the site is currently set up it deletes everything after I believe 90 days, so unless they change this aspect of the website it would be a waste.

By the way this is the only site that I've seen that does this,other sites you can go back years if you need to to get info......Doc

Howdy

Let's see, it must be about a year now since I last saw a post about compartmentalizing the SASS Wire. Cabin Fever maybe?

No thanks. I frequent CAS City, Ruger Forum, and the S&W Forum. They all compartmentalize their forums. You ought to see how many subdivisions the S&W Forum has. I much prefer going to one Table Of Contents and scrolling through to see all the subjects and choosing which ones I want to open.

Yes, I understand, the original question was just about a smithing forum, and believe me, nobody likes to dig into a good smithing thread more than me. But if you start a smithing sub directory, where do you stop? Doncha think Henry owners are going to want their own sub forum pretty soon? Or maybe Black Powder? Or my favorite, cartridge collecting?

No thanks, I prefer to scroll through everything for the day, and see what interests me.

I say no.

As you can ask and receive any of that info on here now. No need for another little fourn just for that.

CAS City is so broken up into small little things. That I never go there.

Would not like to see that happen here.

Agreed.

I'm a member of several forums and they're so broken up that it takes a lot longer to scroll through and find the tidbits that are of interest. The 'everything together' layout of this one is much more user friendly.

This very bad idea comes up a lot and so far thank goodness we have always been able to shout it down.

I only go to CASCity mebbe once a week and mostly the Long Branch. Some of those esoteric boards over there I have never visited.

The Open Range is so moribund you can go there even less often and get caught up in no time.

Most of us like the SASS Wire just as is and I suspect the WB does too. Leave it alone.

I say no also. I can ask and receive any gunsmithing answers that I need now and read lots of other stuff as I am browsing.

If it aint broke.....

I agree......

I like it just the way it is, even with moderators............

Not opposed. I like to talk about guns. Most of the other conversations on the basic wire are either about rules of the game, or they are social in nature and should probably be confined to the Saloon.

But while I'm not opposed -- it probably really isn't essential.

Archived