SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Prohibitions: In Islam, everything considered harmful either to the body, mind, soul or society is prohibited (haram), while whatever is beneficial is permissible (halal). Islam prohibits Muslims from consuming pork, alcohol or mind-altering drugs Know thy enemy
  3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_tobacco#:~:text=In 1996%2C Sheikh Ahmed Bin,%2C" to justify his ruling. Oman[edit] In 1996, Sheikh Ahmed Bin Hamad Al Khalili, the Grand Mufti of Oman, issued a fatwa prohibiting smoking and the sale of tobacco, comparing smoking to "sipping poison" Sheikh Al Khalili cited a verse from the Quran,[8] "do not kill yourselves for God Almighty is most merciful to you," to justify his ruling.[4]
  4. Have 850 hulls. Will fit into 11 x 14 x16 box. Postage should not be too bad as the box is not heavy. $85 plus actual shipping
  5. In an NCIS episode they had this Arabic kid in interrogation. I don't remember what they were looking for but I remember this scene. Gibbs offered him a cigarette, and he refused saying that the prophet forbad it. Really? When? Running totally on memory here, the prophet Mohammad started the religion of Islam on or about the year of our Lord 500. Tobacco made it from the Americas to the rest of the world on or about the year of our Lord 1500. That's a thousand years later. So he said you can't smoke tobacco a thousand years before they had tobacco?
  6. The books were great, the movies not so much. I was turned off immediately with Tom Cruise cast as Reacher so never watched any after the first one.
  7. The B-17, like the DC-3/C-47 and PBY Catalina, were all known to be easy aircraft to fly.
  8. The current Arc in the comic strip for better or for worse has April, who is about 4 years old, going down to the river to sail a toy boat, and falling in. The family dog goes in after her, and keeps her afloat until Daddy gets down there and rescues her. They also pull the dog out. And the dog collapses but they figure that's just cuz he's tired. They're making a big thing out of April - is she all right? And the teenager points out that the dog is not breathing. So the old family dog died saving the little girl. The other two kids are at least 10 years older than April, so they've had Farley around all their life. In reality - I know this is a comic strip and it's all fiction and all made up - in reality do you suppose the other kids would blame April for the death of Farley? If she hadn't been playing by the river he wouldn't have had to go in to save her. There's a Dick Francis novel. Lawn party, and everybody parked their cars up on the hill overlooking the house and the grounds. One of the cars was a horse van. British term, but I visualize something about the size of a Snap-On truck. And they didn't lock their car. "Who locks their car at a friend's house?" And this little kid, finding the open door, got in and fiddled around and knocked it out of gear and took the brake off. And shortly after the kid left, it rolled down the hill. Right into the party. Killed 8 or 10 people. The protagonist of the story was thinking that he hoped, for the kid's sake, that nobody ever told him that he killed all those people. But knowing people like he did, he expected someone would.
  9. “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon but if they want war, let it begin here.” Captain John Parker
  10. Well I'll be a son of a gun! I had not even seen the top numbers! Third number on the bottom I thought might be a 5, 6 or a rust pit, but now after seeing what is clearly a 5 on the top, I think the lower is also a 5. As to after the 3rd number, top and bottom, they still look like pits to me. Wow, it's good to ask for help. People see things you didn't.
  11. I should have included Warren Hayes also. When Betts left the Allman Brothers for health reasons Haynes stepped in to take his place. He did a masterful job, most people not even noticing the change. When Haynes left, Darren Truchs took over. He did a good job, but just not the same, in my opinion.
  12. Check out Kin insurance or Loggerhead insurance. Many in our subdivision are going and recommending them.
  13. Steppenwolf...Hoyt Axton Actually wrote Steppenwolf's hit used in the movie Easy Rider... The Pusher
  14. Most common answer is 4, one to hold the bulb and 3 to cut a hole in the roof.
  15. The upper tang also has numbers, 713, 715, or maybe 718. There is a border visible around these upper numbers starting on the left, can not see where it ends on the right.. The 3rd digit at the top does not seem the match the one on the bottom tang. There may be one or more markings after the first three in both markings. Looks like maybe another 7 as fourth digit on bottom marking.
  16. That thing is positively hypnotic. You could lose yourself watching it.
  17. Interesting. I'd've thought they had M2 Brownings. Musta been a French retrofit? What was this gun?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.