SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am using Cimarron Bullets which is now Boss Bullets. TM
  3. I guess I could be. I have had others check my crimps and all thought they were good. I will back it off some and see if that helps. I have loaded around 10,000 rounds without issue. This just started during the last couple hundred rounds and I get 1 or 2 out of around 10 loads. Thanks TM
  4. Ok.. ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer but.. Sounds like your using 2 crimp dies to me.. in 2 different stations.. that would certainly give you too much crimp.. I’d try backing off the last one as it seems the first one is already doing yer crimping.. Just sayin’
  5. Absolutely, but with the thermopen you are near 100%. Made a believer of me.
  6. It is a highly competitive match for sure, but well worth the trip if you have the testicular fortitude.
  7. Griff, Lone Star is where I first shot SASS. Great times. I remember folks sitting around after the match swapping stories about their alias, etc. My schedule didn't allow me to shoot there too often until they moved.
  8. This is pretty much what I've been doing for several years now with no problems. The only difference is that I sun dry them even in winter. There's probably a geographic element to that. The Georgia sun seems to be able to take care of drying them even during the winter.
  9. Today
  10. I could probably part with some brass and bullets. If you let me know what size bullets you prefer. If you want to talk to me PM me your cell# and a good time to call. kR
  11. When you make food from receipts like this you learn to adapt.
  12. I live alone so every time I'm following a recipe I have that problem, so I just keep testing the food in the stove or in the oven for doneness. After you've done it several times you get fairly good at it.
  13. Agreed. On mission critical reloads I remove primers before case tumbling. I don't consider SASS reloads as mission critical.
  14. Take a guess, where these electronic locks are made!
  15. Do it every time. The target will tell you to do such, trust me.
  16. I haven't needed to do that. The only rounds I do that on is LR rifle loads and then only once in every 5 or 6 firings.
  17. If you remove the primer, before case tumbling. You will also clean the primer pocket, which leads to easier and more uniform primer seating.
  18. Although you'd notice that real quick when you place the bullet at the seating station.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.