SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Battleships USS Texas, USS Maryland, USS Arizona, and USS Nevada cruising under the incomplete Golden Gate Bridge in 1936. https://navalhistoria.com/uss-nevada/
  3. A local sporting goods store may only have ammo loaded with 158-grain lead bullets. These will do but will have excessive recoil. You could order ammo online from Cowboy Choice Ammunition, Bullets by Scarlet or Bang and Clang. They load ammo specifically for the CAS market. There are many casters who sell 125 grain bullets suitable for CAS. If that is all you need ask us and we can give you the names of at least a dozen casters who can sell you cast lead bullets in the weight and profile you want. You won't see much shotgun ammo loaded with #7 shot. However, #7 1/2 and #8 are very common. If you can tolerate the recoil, Wal*Mart 100-round bulk packs are not too expensive. One couple I shoot with shoots these. I only use them for busting clays. Fiocchi makes 7/8 oz, 12-gauge Extra Low Recoil shells you can order online. These are a possibility if you can't obtain Winchester AA low noise, low recoil shells. You can load equivalent shells for about half the cost of these with the right equipment.
  4. • An Oxford comma walks into a bar where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars. • A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly. • A bar was walked into by the passive voice. • An oxymoron walked into a bar, and the silence was deafening. • Two quotation marks walk into a “bar.” • A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite. • Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything. • A question mark walks into a bar? • A non sequitur walks into a bar. In a strong wind, even turkeys can fly. • Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type." • A mixed metaphor walks into a bar, seeing the handwriting on the wall but hoping to nip it in the bud. • A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves. • Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They converse. They depart. • A synonym strolls into a tavern. • At the end of the day, a cliché walks into a bar -- fresh as a daisy, cute as a button, and sharp as a tack. • A run-on sentence walks into a bar it starts flirting. With a cute little sentence fragment. • Falling slowly, softly falling, the chiasmus collapses to the bar floor. • A figure of speech literally walks into a bar and ends up getting figuratively hammered. • An allusion walks into a bar, despite the fact that alcohol is its Achilles heel. • The subjunctive would have walked into a bar, had it only known. • A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned a man with a glass eye named Ralph. • The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense. • A dyslexic walks into a bra. • A verb walks into a bar, sees a beautiful noun, and suggests they conjugate. The noun declines. • A simile walks into a bar, as parched as a desert. • A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to forget. • A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.
  5. This game is labeled the Single Action Shooters Society because semi-auto handguns are not used in Cowboy matches. We do have a second competition that uses 1911 design pistols chambered for .45 auto, though. good luck, GJ
  6. What about just cutting a hole in a wall and mounting a pre made door?
  7. Both. A light load of shot going less that 1,000-fps is ideal. Be flexible on the shotgun powder you select. Many popular Alliant powders are currently unavailable. I like Alliant Extra-Lite but will probably switch to Hodgdon Perfect Pattern when my supply of Extra-Lite is consumed.
  8. Ok so if I were to go to the store look for 125/130grain flat point or round nose flat point. And look for 12 gauge with #7-#8 shot?
  9. Any load that is not considered a magnum or high velocity shell by the manufacturer, and uses lead bird shot of pellet size 4 or smaller . It's a rather loose definition. Winchester used to market a 12 gauge shotshell load that went by the name of Featherlite, and now may still be around as Low Noise Low Recoil. That was the poster child for cowboy matches. But loads typically used for any of the major shotgun clays games would be legal. Cartridges for rifle and revolvers are almost all rimmed cartridges, mostly developed before 1900, firing lead or polymer coated bullets. With velocities for revolvers between 400 and 1000 FPS, and rifles less than 1400 FPS. The Cowboy Action Shooting rule book covers this pretty definitively. Get your own copy from this page: Handbooks in SASS The game is largely played best by reloading. If you don't reload, Cowboy shooting can be done, but it's sometimes difficult to find ammunition that is available and competitive. Buying competitive ammo for the revolvers is often especially difficult. So, most of us reload. But you can get started by buying lead bullet "target" ammo, but avoiding wadcutter bullet designs. And in lever action rifles, also avoiding semi-wadcutter (Keith style) bullets since they may not feed well. COME OUT to a local match BEFORE you start buying guns and ammo and leather, etc. You will be surprised how many friends you will make, and how you will make much better choices! good luck, GJ
  10. Might try them out after my monthly match just to try and recover the brass. TM
  11. Thanks for the suggestion? Now I know who my true friends are. Lol TM
  12. 125/130gr FP, RNFP (whichever is available projectile) 38 special. Red Dot for propellant 12ga with 1 oz of #7, 7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2 (whichever is available shot) Red dot for propellant. For BP, I shoot the same component except for propellant, Black powder (no subs) as propellant.
  13. Forty Rod, his son said that he moved to Mesa, Arizona to be with his daughter after his wife passed away. I will probably see his son this weekend and learn a little more. Harry and I communicated via email for a few years after he no longer traveled. When the emails stopped it was likely around the time his wife died and he was preparing to move.
  14. Yesterday
  15. For the shot gun how do you determine it’s a light load is it the shot or the powder?
  16. Crutches appreciated! Applications for the kid and me are sent. Thanks
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.