SASS Wire Forum

Roll Crimps, My Way

Rancho Roy

I'm quite amazed at the response from a couple posts on I made this morning on reloading shotgun shells with a roll crimp. My email and text blew up! So I wrote a quick article on my web page with way too many pictures and videos to post here. Hope it helps!

https://rvbprecision.com/firearms/black-powder-shotgun-reloads-with-roll-crimp.html

P1070037.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Be sure to pattern them on paper. You'll sometimes get donut holes with the fiber wads and need to cut back on powder.

• Like 3

I bought supplies/equipment from Ballistic Products that do about the same as you.  Don't have the skills and tools to make my own equipment

I always get favorable comments when I bring a few out to shoot

one thing I do is take a narrow strip of paper, use old targets as I like the thickness of them, and make a sleeve to hold the shot.  probably not needed but adds to the fun of loading them

• Like 1

@Rancho Roy’s post about his roll crimping caused some traffic my way! It’s really fun! I don’t have a lathe or any special equipment other than what I bought at Ballistic Products and  Precision Reloading… I did this video a year and a half ago. Reposting now do folks can see how an amateur (at the time) was rolling her own! :P

Hugs!!

Scarlett

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

@Rancho Roy’s post about his roll crimping caused some traffic my way! It’s really fun! I don’t have a lathe or any special equipment other than what I bought at Ballistic Products and  Precision Reloading… I did this video a year and a half ago. Reposting now do folks can see how an amateur (at the time) was rolling her own! :P

Hugs!!

Scarlett

Great video Scarlett

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

Nice work Scarlett! We need a tour of your reloading room. Looks great!

Thanks! Well… I do need some ADVANCED notice…for a tour - in person… I’m one of those, “I have to straighten up before I can load people”. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

• Haha 1

I have been roll crimping my black powder reloads...and I like the opaque Fiocci hulls. They seem ro roll crimp very nicely

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:40 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

You'll sometimes get donut holes with the fiber wads and need to cut back on powder.

Bite your tongue!    

• Haha 2