SASS Wire Forum

Would you hold?

Alpo

You answer the phone and some woman says, "Please hold for somebody that's too damn important to dial his own telephone so he has his secretary do it for him". Would you hold?

How about responding to an unknown number? You get home and your answering machine is blinking, and the message says, "Please call 1-800-123-4567 for an important message.

Would you call the 800 number?

My answer to both is no. If I'm not important enough for you to pick up the phone and call me yourself, you're not important enough for me to talk to. And if you want to leave me a message you need to say something like, "This is Publishers Clearing House. You have won the grand prize. Please call 1-800-123-4567 for information about how to receive it". Don't just leave a phone number, because I damn sure ain't going to call it.

"Please hold'. Maybe for the president. Not this president, and certainly not the illegal alien that lived in my White House for 8 years, but a real president.

• Like 3

Way back when I worked in the nuclear weapons industry we would sometimes have matters that involved the Secretary of the Department of Energy. (She at the time) When we had meetings that required an update to her we held the bulk of the meeting then notified her administrative assistant who would call us back in exactly that manner when she was ready. The Secretary of the DOE was a busy person so we always took her call when we got the “please hold for Secretary O’Leary” rather than her waiting for us to reach a point where she had to wait on us. Never had a problem with it. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I rarely answer the phone anymore. If it’s important they can leave a message.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have my IPhone set to ring only from people on my contacts. Others can leave a message, I can see the number that’s calling but I don’t hear it. Really cool feature. B)

no probably not unless she said it was cthe president - id like to talk to him about everything im pi$$ed about , iknow he is busy ...sleeping and such ....id take his call , anyone else can kiss off unless i was told the call was coming and wanted to get it , 

• Haha 1