SASS Wire Forum

Savings account

Alpo

why didnt i think of that ? ................................ya , WHY ? 

this is why we currently have over $6000 in credit card debt per household and over a trillion in national credit card debt , dont buy shoes - pay your bills , find a way to save a little every pay period - what are we teaching in schools these days ? if that young woman is in that dire of straights she needs to rethink her approach to life , quickly 

• Thanks 1

A couple of Big Red's (my son) friends were bemoaning their financial state, so I questioned them about their spending habits, then told them to cut up their credit cards.

One did and is no longer sleepless, while the other is still moaning about his debt.

• Like 3

I have a neighbor who lives with his wife in a 50 year old double-wide trailer. He's 73 and long medically retired, she's 68, cooks at a bar & grill fifteen miles away back up in the mountains, and never will be able to afford to retire. Both of them smoke a pack & a half of Marlboros a day @ about $8/pack - eight or nine grand a year. They like to visit the local pub, drink beer, and play keno or poker machines for hours. They carry THOUSANDS of dollars month to month on their credit cards because "We don't have any money". :wacko: He was over here some time back while I was working on something, and was admiring a Makita or Milwaukee VSR drill I was using, and said, "I'm going down to the credit union tomorrow and borrow some money to buy one of these"... he was seriously going to finance a $90 drill... maybe he did, I don't know. :blink:

Edited by Three Foot Johnson
  • Sad 5

Even a credit card with a couple hundred dollar limit would be a good start. Too bad none of these life skills are no longer taught in our schools. 

• Like 1

I go to a cafe with a bunch of like minded folks once a week.  I started ordering a quarter pound patty with country gravy about  a year ago.  It just went to $12.00 US dollars and I'm not going to eat there any more.  Maybe toast and coffee, but then again, maybe not.

I also go to Denny's on Wednesday morning and a short stack with a scrambled egg and two slices of bacon is only half that much.

Sorry Zeke, I just can't afford you any more.

• Sad 3

Savings/retirement comes out of the paycheck 1st.  If you never get it, you won't find an excuse to not save it.  40 years later, you'll thank yourself.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Savings/retirement comes out of the paycheck 1st.  If you never get it, you won't find an excuse to not save it.  40 years later, you'll thank yourself.  

Exactly this.

• Like 1