SASS Wire Forum

Looks like the city’s getting serious

Are boots there a new thing?

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Typo

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Car can’t be moved until fines and penalties have been paid.

It's nothing new. They've been using the things for 40 years that I know of. Why is it serious in this case? Not trying to be a smartass, just curious.

When I was a Young Marine, a buddy and I were in D.C., (he had a brother there), and we went to the Smithsonian. We didn't know about the way parking worked there, and apparently there are/were limited parking along some streets. During rush hour you couldn't park there, but lots of people parked there before rush hour, myself included. We came out to find every vehicle on the block booted and ticketed. Except my Jeep. The boot wouldn't fit my 31X10.50 tires. This was about '81.

• Like 2

I’ve seen these wreckered to a private location, cut off the car, and dropped off beside a dumpster near the courthouse!!!  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

I bet that adds up to a whole lot more $ than just paying the ticket.

Ya’ gotta know people… :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Haha 2

Just wait until the owner has an emergency and someone little child dies because the vehicle owner can't move the car.

A good lawyer will contest the car was legally parked 'with circumstances', and etc, etc, etc.........

City will lose a law suit for a few mill..................

The car behind it doesn't seem to be in violation.

..........Widder

2 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Just wait until the owner has an emergency and someone little child dies because the vehicle owner can't move the car.

A good lawyer will contest the car was legally parked 'with circumstances', and etc, etc, etc.........

..........Widder

Car behind it has probably paid the exhorbitant parking fee, 25¢/20 minutes.

9 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

It’s likely the car has many unpaid parking tickets. He’d have to fight City Hall.

I am one that goes out of my way to park properly and legally and not accrue tickets. I have gotten 3 parking tickets in 46 years. I cannot say the same about moving violations, but this isn’t about that. 
I have no sympathy for scofflaws who park at their convenience and do not pay tickets. If one doesn’t like the parking laws then work to change them or shut up and obey them - I actually can’t believe I am saying this, but this is how I feel about it. 
My Dad was one of those types that refused to follow parking laws and would not pay his tickets. He was so belligerent that he would actually threaten officers writing him parking tickets. I often put money in the meter when he wasn’t looking because he was an embarrassment to me. 
I had friends, yes, plural, that refused to pay parking tickets then called me to bail them out. I did it once and the SOB told me a month later he wouldn’t pay me back because he didn’t agree with the parking laws. He ended up back in jail and he called me again. I hung up on his arse. He was in jail 5 days before his mommy bailed him out. 

You get a boot on your car, I hope they tow and sell your car within 3 days of the boot. 
Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1