SASS Wire Forum

Why a 75 member board

Other individuals and organizations have been active in defending and expanding our 2nd Amendment rights in the court system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller   The NRA actively tried to prevent this from going to the Supreme Court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._City_of_Chicago  was not filed by the NRA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Rifle_%26_Pistol_Association,_Inc._v._Bruen does not appear to have been filed by the NRA

Perhaps the NRA has worked behind the scenes in Congress, but the three most recent and important Supreme Court decisions in recent history don't seem to involve the NRA.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I hope everyone enjoyed lapierres heartfelt exit letter in American Hunter/rifleman

I thought it was disgusting, self serving and complete BS. 

I get the 1st Freedom version. In the mail call section were titles such as "Vote Them Out", "History Teaches Us" and "This Is Our Fight"....the subject matter completely different than what the title suggests.

It was followed by a commentary by the now President and LaPierre crony (Charles L. Cotton), whom I feel is complicit in the entire scandal, commentary entitled "Anti-Gun Politicians Owe Answers". Although I can't deny that politicians owe answers for their voting records, I think that Cotton and company owe the NRA membership answers and take RESPONSIBILITY for what happened.

But it ain't never going to happen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

What I would like to see soon would be an article in the next American Rifleman, or maybe the next after that, that has a full account of the facts; honest,  detailed, without embellishment, rationalizations, or spin; one which also might point the way forward. And which contains no plea for funds whatever.

Won't hold my breath. But something like that should happen soon.

If it does not come, this tells me "business as usual".
Meet the New Boss, same as the Old Boss...

• Like 1

Bring back Ollie North.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Bring back Ollie North.

When he was president he tried to get rid of Wayne but was instead ousted along with all the staff who supported his move.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2024 at 7:43 AM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I hope everyone enjoyed lapierres heartfelt exit letter in American Hunter/rifleman

he should have been gone years ago and he and his cronies have been the issue for a long time 

5 hours ago, J.C. Bell, SASS #15217 said:

I can't quit chewing on this. Every member has been embarrassed by the publicity this has generated. That generates contempt and encourages our enemies. 

If Wayne is guilty has he not been proven to have swindled US? He needs jail time along with his accomplices. 

As I understand it so far everything in Ny has been civil court 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

As I understand it so far everything in Ny has been civil court 

Yes. The 'fines' assessed against LaPierre and others are to be repaid to t'he NRA, not the state.

That was the jury part of the case. The case is now before the judge on future governance issues. He long ago dismissed the AG's attempts to dismantle the NRA. Probably the only way to get rid of the current board and reorganize the governance will be by the Court. The board will never do it itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/28/2024 at 12:38 AM, watab kid said:

he should have been gone years ago and he and his cronies have been the issue for a long time 

Well, they’re still there…..so, there’s that….

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Well, they’re still there…..so, there’s that….

illl gfive you that , but the NRA is far poorer today for it , we shall see how it plays out but id like to see the organization continue the good work they say they are doing for our rights 

• Like 2

Let's see, Charles Cotton stated that they "acted Immediately" on the information back in 2018...yet LaPierre and cohorts stayed in power until 2023 and some are still in power. Oh, what a coincidence, Charles Cotton is now the President of the NRA.

Nothing has changed with the leadership. It just shows that the current leadership of the NRA only concern is covering their own asses and fattening their own wallets. They all have to go and soon.

BTW, I only voted for 7 proposed board members, none of whom were incumbents or recommended by existing or past board members.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 1