SASS Wire Forum

Remington Arms leaves New York

About time 

The nation’s oldest gun-maker recently announced plans to shutter the factory in the company’s original home early next month, citing the steep cost of running the historic plant. Remington is consolidating its operations in Georgia, a state the company says is friendlier to the firearms industry.
https://apnews.com/article/new-york-remington-gun-factory-closure-997f6312364f005e295202dc38c005a3

• Like 5

From the article: “Remington is consolidating its operations in Georgia, a state the company says is friendlier to the firearms industry.”

I’m sure this is the main reason. The new owners aren’t going to put up with Italian Commie Cuomo and his Minions of Moron any longer. 
https://marketrealist.com/p/who-owns-remington-firearms-now/

• Like 2

The Southeast seems to be stealing a lot of car manufacturing and firearms manufacturing from the big union states.  

Georgia as a state is very firearms and business friendly.  Just stay out of Atlanta and you will be fine.  That bunch in Atlanta has been out of control for years, but the rest of the state watches them pretty carefully.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Remington should come to Florida -- we're friendlierest.  

Besides, looking at how Georgia's trending and the lawfare that's going on there, it could just be a matter of time before constructive persecution er -- prosecution comes their way in Georgia.

South Dakota is doing big recruitment but , dont want the blue state refugees here  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The Southeast seems to be stealing a lot of car manufacturing and firearms manufacturing from the big union states.  

Georgia as a state is very firearms and business friendly.  Just stay out of Atlanta and you will be fine.  That bunch in Atlanta has been out of control for years, but the rest of the state watches them pretty carefully.  

Tennessee has a number of car factories and li’l ol’ Maryville just saw S&W open their new headquarters and factory in 2023. 

• Like 3

You folks in Maryville... keep a close watch on your city council.
They will be mightily tempted to bend and allow the Californication of your town.

Small lots, shallow setbacks, zero lot lines and high density housing.
Your small town infrastructure is not designed to handle a high influx of traffic, power, water and sewage loads.

Do not yield to the siren song of more property tax revenue.
Once Californicated, it cannot be undone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Small lots, shallow setbacks, zero lot lines and high density housing.

Can't really speak too much for Maryville, but when we drove through a month or so ago it looked like some of that was going on there already. It sure is in my little hometown about 3 hours from Maryville; seems as though a now liberal Nashville is spreading North and East and we have an influx from other states as well for some reason.  We bought some land about an hour south of Maryville on the lake with plans to move in a couple years so I really hope that area can stay small and without all that mess.

• Sad 2

Last September, we drove down from D.C. to Duncan, SC to visit my wife's brother.
BMW has a huge plant in Duncan, plus it is an "inland port" with a huge acreage of ocean going shipping containers.

The influx of non-local workers has spiked the housing in Duncan.
They are building Californicated cracker box housing as fast as they can manufacture nails.

Same goes for Boise, ID (my home town).
I don't even know the place anymore... crime, bums, drugs, horrible traffic, high density housing, bad air, and traffic helicopters.
ID is a wonderful state, but stay away from Boise and Boise Metro area.  Too Californicated.
I read that Ada County processes some 15,000 CA drivers licenses every year... no wonder Boise is Democrat. now.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Remington should come to Florida -- we're friendlierest.  

Besides, looking at how Georgia's trending and the lawfare that's going on there, it could just be a matter of time before constructive persecution er -- prosecution comes their way in Georgia.

Just remember Ozark...constant vigilance is required...in every election.

In the span of 4 years...everything could change. 

• Like 3

I have been aware of Remington closing down their Ilion plant for quite a while , but just this morning there was a big picture and story on my internet page.

Whoever wrote it had a bunch of lever action Winchesters in the foreground of the picture , and the big headline about Remington closing the factory.

See a lot of totally stupid stuff on this computer entertainment system. Every time, I think"Who the Hell writes this stuff. Is there no proofreading at all"

Rex :D , with only a High School education.

• Like 1