SASS Wire Forum

WTB Cowboy Hardware

I’m wanting the source for the hardware only.  The screw in swivel dewy. Also the screw in jacket closure snaps.

Gonna make one my own self.  Doing something custom.

Thanks,

Christmas

IMG_3925.jpeg

I havn't made any like that but I think a craft store would be better than Home Depot.  Plus the girls are friendlier and better looking      Leather shops like Tandy are getting hard to find.      GW

9 minutes ago, Augustus Nichols said:

I got mine from Amazon.  Search lobster clasp or lobster swivel and leather snaps

I’m talking about the hardware that holds the leather down that ya can snap and unsnap.

kinda fun trying to describe all this.

I will be using the lobster clasp on another project I’m sure.  Canadian Mountie pistol lanyard.

15 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

I havn't made any like that but I think a craft store would be better than Home Depot.  Plus the girls are friendlier and better looking      Leather shops like Tandy are getting hard to find.      GW

I remembered a source.  Zack White Leather!

Not my fault you bought a Milk Cow Throw Rug.

4 minutes ago, Come On Christmas said:

I’m talking about the hardware that holds the leather down that ya can snap and unsnap.

kinda fun trying to describe all this.

I will be using the lobster clasp on another project I’m sure.  Canadian Mountie pistol lanyard.

Amazon. They're just Tandy  leather snaps but instead of the stem connector for leather, I use a cut down wood screw to attach to the wood

20240120_084419.jpg

Spot snaps, or Lift a Dot snaps .

Avaliable on the internet.

The swivel clasp,  or snaffle bits ,are available  in most leather shops or horse tack outlets.

They're commonly used on bridle reins. Also available on the web.

42 minutes ago, Augustus Nichols said:

Amazon. They're just Tandy  leather snaps but instead of the stem connector for leather, I use a cut down wood screw to attach to the wood

20240120_084419.jpg

That “screw snap” is available at any boat shop or canvas shop as they are used to secure a sun top to the windshield frame or side of boats

14 minutes ago, Sgt Duncan said:

That “screw snap” is available at any boat shop or canvas shop as they are used to secure a sun top to the windshield frame or side of boats

I gotta bunch of black dry wall screws that I can easily cut.

Weaver Leather is also a good source. Slick Bald ,a SASS member is one of Weaver featured craftsmen !

As mentioned above. I used to do saddles and either Tandy Leather or Weaver Leather will have the parts you are seeking.

TM

1 hour ago, Come On Christmas said:

I gotta bunch of black dry wall screws that I can easily cut.

That's all I do, but, you'll have to turn down the diameter of the head to fit inside the snap. I use a cordless drill for the screw and a dremel with a sanding drum to sand the head down. 

Well I’m really doing something different.

i use cigarette papers to make black powder charges.  Gonna put two of them in each hole that does not go all the way through.  

Two stages in each leather covered charge holes.

Through an abundance of caution I am avoiding static electricity.

Civil War cartridges were rolled in paper and placed in wooden cases.

This is way fast stage loading for percussion pistols ;~>=