SASS Wire Forum

Which electronic ear buds are good?

Gray Hare, SASS #20821

Marshall Fire recommendation of Otto Noizebarrier ear buds is right.   Expensive but highly regarded.  I have Axil Ghost Strikes that have been good and bad.  Biggest thing is finding the silicone tip that fits your ear for the best results.  Great for hearing "MOUSE FARTS" and range commands, but not the best protection for regular shooting at an indoor range        GW

I had a pair of Axil wired ear buds. They were one of the best I had. Unfortunately  they died after about a year and a half. I tried Walkers wired ear buds. They were OK but didn't last. I'm currently using fitted ear plugs fitted with a Walkers Game Ear. They work well but the Axil's were still the best.

I have Peltor TEP-100 by 3M I got about 6 years ago I really like them, dropped one not long ago and that screwed it up, so I had to buy a replacement. They are not cheap, but they have given me good service and they are made in the USA, I use them for cowboy and sporting clays. 

Attend Bordertown and watch the lost and found box. You find all different types to try!

I have been wearing Otto NoizeBarrier Micro earplugs for several years.

They are expensive, as noted earlier.

They carry/storage case has a battery and keeps a very good charge.  I wear the earplugs twice a month and probably plug the storage case in every 2-3 months.

I also prefer to use the Comply Ear Tips.

I bought walkers mostly because I could get them for $69 on sale about a year ago as I recall.  They work good and hold a charge well no problem shooting a 6 stage match on a charge. You may want to take this with a grain of salt as I am cheap enough to shoot mossberg pumps and rifles as well as tisas 1911 commanders vs proper more expensive models.

Archived