SASS Wire Forum

Zero sense of humor

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I just bought a 36 bottle pack of Natural Spring Water. (our local water is filled with "stuff " so I don't risk any more health issues).

I asked the lady at the register if I could save money if I bought "Unnatural" water instead of the Natural Spring Water.

She went nuts, telling me she didn't have any control over what the store sells, doesn't have time for these kinds of questions, and I shouldn't pick on her because she has a Hispanic accent.

I took the cart to a self check out stand (Lord how I hate those) while she kept up her tirade.  The manager showed up...he's scared of me anyway... and finally came over and asked me what I'd said to her.  I told him, a couple of other people told him the same thing, and I left.

I'll go back in a few days and see what the result was, but this little idiot had no sense of humor whatsoever.

12 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I just bought a 36 bottle pack of Natural Spring Water. (our local water is filled with "stuff " so I don't risk any more health issues).

I asked the lady at the register if I could save money if I bought "Unnatural" water instead of the Natural Spring Water.

She went nuts, telling me she didn't have any control over what the store sells, doesn't have time for these kinds of questions, and I shouldn't pick on her because she has a Hispanic accent.

I took the cart to a self check out stand (Lord how I hate those) while she kept up her tirade.  The manager showed up...he's scared of me anyway... and finally came over and asked me what I'd said to her.  I told him, a couple of other people told him the same thing, and I left.

I'll go back in a few days and see what the result was, but this little idiot had no sense of humor whatsoever.

She was probably promoted to assistant manager. that seems to be the way they handle these issues now a days. 

TM

23 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I shouldn't pick on her because she has a Hispanic accent.

Forty, you should know by now that just by the fact that you're an Old White Guy ANYTHING you think, do, or say will automatically be considered racist by some people. I've me plenty of them here in Tucson.

Add on: Humor isn't dead everywhere. I was at the Walmart here yesterday, and the cashier, (yes, I hate the self checkout too), asked me if I wanted my gallon jugs of tea in a bag. I told him, "No, just leave it in the Jugs", and he laughed his a$$ off over it.

Some people don’t have sufficient intelligence to also have a sense of humor.

you would be engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, in some jurisdictions that is a Class A felony, punishable by 20 to life. And if it was categorized as a hate crime, you’d get the needle.

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Forty, you should know by now that just by the fact that you're an Old White Guy ANYTHING you think, do, or say will automatically be considered racist by some people. I've me plenty of them here in Tucson.

Add on: Humor isn't dead everywhere. I was at the Walmart here yesterday, and the cashier, (yes, I hate the self checkout too), asked me if I wanted my gallon jugs of tea in a bag. I told him, "No, just leave it in the Jugs", and he laughed his a$$ off over it.

I  worked for a black Vice Principle at a high school years ago.  We got to discussing that and he told me that a Tongan friend of his asked in all seriousness "if all the white, straight right wing, male, veterans are being called racist why don't they band together and become what they are being labelled?"

I didn't say anything and he grinned and asked if I were mulling it over.   I grinned back and winked and he about fell off his chair laughing.

Archived