SASS Wire Forum

Michael Eisner Disney CEO apologizes to the Chinese for the film "Kundun" release

Kundun

Kundun is a 1997 American epic biographical film written by Melissa Mathison and directed by Martin Scorsese. It is based on the life and writings of Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, the exiled political and spiritual leader of Tibet. Tenzin Thuthob Tsarong, a grandnephew of the Dalai Lama, stars as the adult Dalai Lama, while Tencho Gyalpo, a niece of the Dalai Lama, appears as the Dalai Lama's mother.

"Kundun" (སྐུ་མདུན་ Wylie: sku mdun in Tibetan), meaning "presence", is a title by which the Dalai Lama is addressed. Kundun was released only a few months after Seven Years in Tibet, sharing the latter's location and its depiction of the Dalai Lama at several stages of his youth, though Kundun covers a period three times longer. It is the final film penned by Mathison to be released before her death in 2015, although her final project, The BFG, was released posthumously.

Touchstone Pictures was one of the production companies and Buena Vista Pictures Distribution was a distributor.

Both companies are part of the Disney empire. Explains why the woke idiots running Disney into the ground would apologize for something that happened a quarter of a century ago.

• Like 1

Since this a mostly ancient history, why are we dredging it up now only to make much ado about nothing ??  Seems fairly stupid.

I personally have never seen Disney "Sexualizing" or "Brainwashing" children.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

You just haven't been paying attention then. Everything that Disney has done in the last several years has featured a Gay or Trans character. Not because the story needed it, but JUST to expose your children to them. 

Are you familiar with the "Bippity Bobbity Boutique"? This is where young girls can get costumed as their favorite Disney Princess. Disney has THIS guy GREETING them at the door. image.thumb.png.8a94c5c9be58e29a5dd7ea113afa517c.png

If my daughter was of that age, I certainly would NOT take her there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Since this a mostly ancient history, why are we dredging it up now only to make much ado about nothing ??  Seems fairly stupid.

You can't be serious. No one is that out of touch...but you're right...it does seem fairly stupid, Disney keeps pushing the LGBOVTYZEA agenda???? Why?

Edited by Cypress Sun