SASS Wire Forum

World Series tonight!

Rye Miles #13621

Playing in Texas and George W is throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. Remember after 9-11 when he threw the first pitch?

Should be a good series! PLAY BALL!!!

Well W bounced it in but he looks pretty darn good for 77!

Go Rangers, they’ve never won World Series! 

I was a bit behind and missed the first inning and a half. But I think that the onion rings, tortilla chips, fried drumsticks, and hush puppies will be worth it.

How was the Anthem? And I see I missed the wrong team scoring first.:D

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was a bit behind and missed the first inning and a half. But I think that the onion rings, tortilla chips, fried drumsticks, and hush puppies will be worth it.

How was the Anthem? And I see I missed the wrong team scoring first.:D

Anthem was terrible. Good game though. I fell asleep when Arizona was ahead 5-3. Saw the highlights this morning!

This was a very well played game!!  Good pitching, great defense, lots of action, and the umpires were on it!

I’d like to see six more games like last night’s!!

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

This was a very well played game!!  Good pitching, great defense, lots of action, and the umpires were on it!

I’d like to see six more games like last night’s!!

Gonna be hard to see that as there are only three games left.:D

Yer right though, other than a couple of (imo) questionable strike calls and one overturn(?), a well officiated game, some spectacular defensive plays and an overall good game of baseball. 

Looking forward to tonight.

27 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

So far a MUCH better game!

Surely you jest! 7-1 is a much better game than tying it up in the 7th inning and then a walk off in the 9th? I guess if you’re a Diamondback fan.:lol:

Whoops 9-1 it’s a blowout!! 

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Surely you jest! 7-1 is a much better game than tying it up in the 7th inning and then a walk off in the 9th? I guess if you’re a Diamondback fan.:lol:

Ended as a 9 - 1 game. Oh well, Go Rangers on Monday. The D's looked good at bat and great on defense, Rangers just didn't look good at anything tonight.

Oh, I don't know if Joe likes being called Shirley or not...it is near Halloween though.:o:rolleyes:

Yep!  A much better game!  At least, the outcome. :D

I'll give you that an 11 inning first game, with a walk off is a more exciting game.  But I didn't care for the outcome.

Just now, Cypress Sun said:

, I don't know if Joe likes being called Shirley or not...it is near Halloween though

Hey, big boy! :lol:

Didn’t get to see the game tonight.  I had a really good friend who threw a great Halloween party tonight. A bunch of my music friends and fans of our band and others that we sit in with!

Tons of great food, lots of great costumes, top notch music with many guest performers and our hosts know how to party!!

Sounds like a yawner of a game to me!!

On the game last night...I found the three idiot kids dressed in the banana costumes to be VERY annoying and distracting. I just enjoy watching a baseball game, not three teenage idiots with zero respect for the game. The kids parent or grandparent, whoever was there with them, shares just as much blame. $6,000 a seat to act like punks...:(

I hope Garcia is okay!  One helluva throw to make that play at the plate!!

Four more games like that would not make me unhappy!!

Go Rangers!

Just now, Blackwater 53393 said:

I hope Garcia is okay!  One helluva throw to make that play at the plate!!

Four more games like that would not make me unhappy!!

Go Rangers!

If Garcia is injured, that is a huge blow for the Rangers.

That was one great throw to home, on target and in time. Helped that the runner didn't bother to look at the third base coach though...still a big out though and no run scored.

Go Rangers!

13 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Hmmm.....not looking good for the right team....

Sure they are...you just didn't pick the right team.:D

Boy, it sure got out of hand quickly. Only one problem with jumping out to an early lead...there's still 6.5 innings left.

31 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Sure they are...you just didn't pick the right team.:D

Boy, it sure got out of hand quickly. Only one problem with jumping out to an early lead...there's still 6.5 innings left.

As a famous captain once will say, "

“May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.”

Malcolm Reynolds"

:D

Archived