SASS Wire Forum

Boy, that's a relief

Alpo

I just got back from the grocery store, and I took my phone out of my shirt pocket and laid it on the table, and glanced at it as I laid it down and there is this huge damn crack running across the screen.

As I am exclaiming in woe, "HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!!??!?!??", I ran my finger across the crack, as people do, and the crack moved.

It was a hair.

One Saturday morning I got back from the store, put my keys in the usual place, set my phone, in its black case, on the desk next to the trackball.

Put the groceries away.  Went to pick up my phone.... not there.... not in my pockets, not by the couch, not in the kitchen.   Checked the car... nope.

Called myself with our landline.... silence.

Drove back to the store. Nope.

Had my wife look around... nope.

Sat down at my computer, pulled out the keyboard tray to email our provider, and there was my phone on the almost black, slide out for my keyboard.  I had never put it there before, it goes on top.  To top it off, somehow I had put it on silent so naturally it didn't ring.

If yours...It is the beginning of what is coming...Yul Brynner and you will have something in common...

Texas Lizard

Still holding on to mine ...Just a little thinner....But mine...I guess I should cut a few inches off to keep wife happy...Maybe get it done before gets back from Spain...

18 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

That’s why my phone case is bright blue easier to find 

Mine is an Otter case, day glow green, but the outer rubber is still black.  There are cutouts in it for the lens, light, etc. that lets the green show.  

For those of you with an iPhone, there is a "Find Your Phone" option on the Apple website.  It shows where the phone is (home, work, store) and generates an obnoxious noise even if the phone was set on silent mode.

Found this out the hard way when I put my phone somewhere I never would have looked,

That's a helpful thing if you also have a computer, so you can go to the Apple website and find your phone.

Many years back, when I still had a flip phone, I would misplace it occasionally. There were websites where you could go and plug in your phone number, and they would call your phone. I would know it was in the house I just didn't know where I put it, so I'd plug the number in and then go listen for the phone ring.

Have a smartphone. No longer have a working computer. Don't need one - have a smartphone.

Hard to go to the website to find your phone when you can't find your phone to access the web.

Ah well.

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

I just got back from the grocery store, and I took my phone out of my shirt pocket and laid it on the table, and glanced at it as I laid it down and there is this huge damn crack running across the screen.

As I am exclaiming in woe, "HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!!??!?!??", I ran my finger across the crack, as people do, and the crack moved.

It was a hair.

You still have hair?

49 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That's what you call a brother from another mother, right?

Or second cousins...or something.

I showed your photo to my wife, she looked at it, looked at me, looked at the photo again and shook her head.   Then I had her take the photo I posted.

Archived