SASS Wire Forum

The person's name in the commercial

Alpo

Do you care?

Hi, I'm here to tell you all the wonderful things about this wonderful product that I think all you wonderful people need to buy.

Hi, John Jones here, and I'm here to tell you all the wonderful things about this wonderful product that I think all you wonderful people need to buy.

Does knowing the spokesman is John Jones make you want to buy it more?

Now I realize that if Lorne Green was plugging it, I might be more apt to buy it because I know and trust Pa Cartwright. The same as I know and trust Ed McMahon or Joe Namath, or some other well-known personality.

When I get bored I sometimes play solitaire on this thing. In between every game there's a commercial. Right now there's this blonde girl talking about timeshares. Actually I think she's plugging how to get out of your timeshare, but I never watch all of the commercial so I'm not really sure. But she starts, "Hi, Lisa Keesh here..."

And every time that commercial pops up I just wonder why anyone would give a damn what her name is.

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And every time that commercial pops up I just wonder why anyone would give a damn what her name is.

Probably to try to personalize the message in your mind. Either that, or to give her some recognition for her future career.

Remember Billy Mays? Every commercial started out with him YELLING, "BILLY MAYS here..." 

3 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

My TV doesn't have an airplane mode.

I had a tv that didn’t fly very well. I figure it was airborne for maybe .75 seconds…it didn’t have airplane mode either…apparently. ;)

1 minute ago, Pat Riot said:

I had a tv that didn’t fly very well. I figure it was airborne for maybe .75 seconds…it didn’t have airplane mode either…apparently. ;)

I had one of those TVs, it didn't have landing gear either.

I lost a lot of respect for these celebrities that push this snake oil crap! Balance of Nature, etc..... They're getting paid big bucks to push this stuff and I don't believe a word of it! The non-celebrities are even worse!

I solved that problem: I cancelled my TV and have just two channels left from my computer contract, and I never watch them.  I dropped my newspaper, too.  The local gives me a free paper every Wednesday.  I get our small town news and a passel of coupons.  I get enough news from the car radio, this site, and the once in awhile when I use my computer to check the weather.  Some people keep me updated by phone or email.

My blood pressure is way down, I sleep better, and my life is merrier. 

Archived