SASS Wire Forum

My garage door hates sunday

Trigger Mike

I’ve had different people look at my garage doors and no one seems to be able to figure it out.  The lights show green and clear and thus no obstructions.  

on a weekday, if we open and pull the car out to close it it usually closes fine.  On Sunday morning when leaving for church invariably it will close partially and go back up .  I have to hold the button on the inside the entire way down.  

on Sunday evening though when we get back it closes just fine.  Just seems odd.

If it turns out to be the sun, swap the sensors from side to side. If that doesn't work, see above post.;)

The suggestion of sunlight hitting the sensors is a decent one.

Tell you what happened to me, not saying it's your issue but who knows

Week ago I could not get mine to close. 

Go down about 3/4 then back up. 

Maybe 10 times in a row.

18ft door.

Looked at the sensor

Looked for obstructions

Nothing.

Then it went down and closed twice non-issue so I left it.

TWO DAYS!!!!! later...same story.

Finally after every four letter word I found a Long thin piece of something with about a mm of leaf on the bottom that would catch the sensor juuust right sometimes.

Crazy!

Put the sensors in the shade, box or cardboard blocking.

Rub the entire frame and bottom of the door with a rag.

Best I got.

59 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Solution: Call a garage door company!!

I did that, called the installers that put in the opener, called another group that fixes things and had a handyman I use often and they make no difference which makes me wonder if it is the sun that is doing it.

21 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I’ll look again, but do know the door is on the east side and the sun has cleared the trees about church time,  on school mornings with the same car the trees are blocking the sun.  

12 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Happens almost every Sunday

Sure sounds like a sun issue. Try swapping the sensors, you shouldn't have to do anything on the other end at the opener. All of mine have been wired in parallel. Mine have a green and a red light. The book says not to put the green one facing the sun. 

Have you tried pulling out on a weekday at exactly the same time you pull out on a Sunday?

23 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Happens almost every Sunday

What's the difference between the Sunday's it doesn't work right and the Sunday's when it does work right?

Archived