SASS Wire Forum

Final Roll Call

Today marks my final roll call with the Murrysville Police Department. After five years with the City of Johnstown I was hired by my hometown and severed another twenty five with MPD.  I stood on the shoulders of all those that came before me.

I’m thankful to my Father in heaven for his protection, and pray for his continued protection over all my brothers and sisters. 
It was a full career, and I have tons of memories, though many can never be erased, they are burned in. 
Cleaning out my locker brought back floods of memories and it seemed surreal. We all dream about retirement and then, in a flash, it’s here. 
I could not have done it without my family, and especially my wife Beth “Bdoc”  

I can’t think of a better day to retire than Good Friday. 
It is finished. 
John Barleycorn 

MPD #10

Congrats! I did 26 years, retirement feels awfully good.

Congratulations JB.  I'm sure retirement won't last long, you'll be too bored.  

John Barleycorn, Congratulations on your retirement. I am sure is well deserved and I hope you enjoy it. 

By the way, it’ll take you a while to “calm down” from your prior life and schedule. Just take it easy and remember, there’s always tomorrow to get the things done you don’t want to get to…I mean, you don’t have time for, today. 

Thank you for your service John. Enjoy your retirement.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

John Barleycorn, Congratulations on your retirement. I am sure is well deserved and I hope you enjoy it. 

By the way, it’ll take you a while to “calm down” from your prior life and schedule. Just take it easy and remember, there’s always tomorrow to get the things done you don’t want to get to…I mean, you don’t have time for, today. 

Pat, 

Don’t forget Logan’s Ferry Regulators opening day is tomorrow.

Archived