SASS Wire Forum

SAA Clone

Stump Water

If the timing is good out of the box, and it should be, a spring kit makes a world of difference.  That is all I have done to most of my Uberti repros.  Maybe a little emery paper on the hammer cam and the leg of the bolt that rides over it to smooth any burrs.   Triggers have been uniformly good, especially after doing the "new gun trigger job" by pushing forward on the cocked hammer a few times as you pull the trigger.  I've heard that some Piettas have bolt heads that don't fit the cylinder notches very well, but I have no experience with that.  Now, if you are going to dry fire zillions of times and use the gun heavily, there are probably some more things, especially with bolt fit, that could prolong the life of the parts.

Not that I'm going to jump in with a two page tutorial, 'cause I'm not.  I just want to share for those of you who subscribe, MannyCA is a Hack.  His instructions are super flaky.

PLUS ONE for Abilene.  You will be amazed at the difference in the operation of a Single Action after the simple procedure of changing out the OEM Springs.  Uberti springs belong under trucks.  You can grind 'em but you should purchase a couple of replacements because you're going to ruin a few.  I suggest replacement.  There are after-market springs available to do the job for not much money.  I usually suggest Lee's Gunsmithing Gunfighter spring kits.  Nice Main Spring that doesn't stack and a good wire Trigger/Bolt spring.  For a flat T/B spring, I suggest a Pietta T/B spring.

Current manufacture Pietta already contain a really nice Main Spring and Trigger/Bolt spring.  Current manufacture Pietta don't need much at all.  Pietta do benefit from fitting the bolt to the Cylinder though.  Be careful there.

I do highly recommend the tutorials provided by Larsen E. Pettifogger, which are readily available.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Current manufacture Pietta already contain a really nice Main Spring and Trigger/Bolt spring.  Current manufacture Pietta don't need much at all.  Pietta do benefit from fitting the bolt to the Cylinder though.  Be careful there.

thumbs-up.png.d8fe472a3643c810a9fc9ddaadacb34e.png

41 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Not that I'm going to jump in with a two page tutorial, 'cause I'm not.  I just want to share for those of you who subscribe, MannyCA is a Hack.  His instructions are super flaky.

That's why I didn't point his videos out.

7 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Archived