SASS Wire Forum

Might Be Hot

Yul Lose

Mrs. Lose went to Costco today and knowing that I like hot sauce she bought this for me. As you can see the heat ranges from 1-10, 10 being the hottest. You can make out the Scovill heat units on some of them. After my bout with Covid my taste buds changed to where most hot sauces aren’t really hot and jalapeños are about like bell peppers anymore. I’ll try these out and report back on the heat levels, might start at 10 and work back.

DC35E288-EB8F-4927-BA45-C516BD74794C.jpeg

52F89AA9-A6C2-4884-A8A8-C05E02157C4B.jpeg

That’s interesting that your tastes have changed since CoVid. I have to say though, I am glad  you’re still around after CoVid. :)

28 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Mrs. Lose went to Costco today and knowing that I like hot sauce she bought this for me. As you can see the heat ranges from 1-10, 10 being the hottest. You can make out the Scovill heat units on some of them. After my bout with Covid my taste buds changed to where most hot sauces aren’t really hot and jalapeños are about like bell peppers anymore. I’ll try these out and report back on the heat levels, might start at 10 and work back.

An interesting selection and experiment!  

29 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Like it.

Dave's Private Insanity - (where bottle is packaged in a little wooden coffin) is the hottest of all that I've had the displeasure to experience.

3 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Dave's Private Insanity - (where bottle is packaged in a little wooden coffin) is the hottest of all that I've had the displeasure to experience.

My guitar player/partner in the band/former boss bought that for me as a Christmas gift. He knows how I love hot sauces. 

I bought a duplicate so that I could keep his gift and still try the sauce. It is actually military grade pepper spray in a bottle! About three drops in a gallon pot of chili is sufficient. No real flavor! Just hot!!!

I like that gift set that Yul got!!  I’m a fan of sauces that have great flavor!  If it’s hot, that’s not a problem, BUT it’s gotta’ have flavor!!!

I'm with you Wallaby!

I find I can no longer handle these spicy treats, even after my short bout of Covid.

My tastebuds are back OK, but I haven't been able to handle hot and spicy for some time even before Covid.

(I like Ozonal)

32 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

It's not really going in where you feel the heat it's really going out next day that kicks you.

I'll stick to original Tabasco sauce.

I don't use it for the heat, I use it for the taste.  I grew up with Tabasco and see no reason to torture my self with something my taste buds can't even identify.

Hot Sauce #1 good flavor but there was no heat, similar to green Chollula or Green Tabasco in flavor.

B080EAF6-4EBB-4AE2-965B-860B3F59566F.jpeg

EBBA97D1-1D72-4BE1-B902-EE2DA013E4E0.jpeg

Started using the #10 Holy Brain Killer ghost pepper hot sauce yesterday and used it again this evening and while it has great flavor there isn’t nearly any heat. At 11,300 scoville rating you’d think it would be sorta hot but it’s not. I even talked Mrs. Lose into trying a drop on a chip and she didn’t think it was hot at all.

329223DC-13E6-4937-A683-242B8BFA7946.jpeg

B7F4C4A7-1D45-48DF-A136-4369FD5032D0.jpeg

Archived