SASS Wire Forum

2023 Georgia State SASS Championship - Update 3/12/23

Krazy Kajun

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Such as?

You have to balance the shooters (fast/slow categories) so that all posse's finish in about the same time.

There have to be enough TO's to cover all the shooters.

There have to be enough working people to cover all the jobs.

And then, there is the even-more important 'do NOT posse with' requests.

It's ok if you put your 'posse with' requests on your application.  It is NOT ok if you show up at the last minute with personal issues.  Any change you make to 'your' posse requires that changes be made to other posse's.  Match directors do NOT need this last-minute hassle.

Just speaking as someone who had to deal with it at two clubs for a number of years.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MizPete said:

You have to balance the shooters (fast/slow categories) so that all posse's finish in about the same time.

There have to be enough TO's to cover all the shooters.

There have to be enough working people to cover all the jobs.

And then, there is the even-more important 'do NOT posse with' requests.

It's ok if you put your 'posse with' requests on your application.  It is NOT ok if you show up at the last minute with personal issues.  Any change you make to 'your' posse requires that changes be made to other posse's.  Match directors do NOT need this last-minute hassle.

Just speaking as someone who had to deal with it at two clubs for a number of years.

Thank you.

Still seems it could be doable a week or so before side match day.

35 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Thank you.

Still seems it could be doable a week or so before side match day.

It's already been done.  It just ain't been released for the same reason they don't post who is shooting in what category.  It cuts way down on the last minute requests and changes.  I'm sure most posse requests were honored as best as could be managed.  Kajun does a pretty good job of putting it together.  And if you don't like how it turns out, I have a pretty good rope you can borrow, but I'm going to need it back.

1 minute ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It's already been done.  It just ain't been released for the same reason they don't post who is shooting in what category.  It cuts way down on the last minute requests and changes.  I'm sure most posse requests were honored as best as could be managed.  Kajun does a pretty good job of putting it together.  And if you don't like how it turns out, I have a pretty good rope you can borrow, but I'm going to need it back.

Hahaha! Nah it'll be fine. I've never made a "Do Not Posse With" request anyway as I feel like I can get along with anyone.

Our first trip down though and the folks we asked to posse with couldn't make it;  so we're extra curious.

29 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Hahaha! Nah it'll be fine. I've never made a "Do Not Posse With" request anyway as I feel like I can get along with anyone.

Our first trip down though and the folks we asked to posse with couldn't make it;  so we're extra curious.

Don’t worry! They didn’t stick you with the Burt’s! 

34 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Careful, you’ll turn his head with the compliments.

8 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Don’t worry! They didn’t stick you with the Burt’s! 

Thank GOODNESS!

:lol::lol::lol::P

J/K that would have been alright with us if they had. 

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Such as?

Please look me up at the match and I’ll be glad to discuss it with you. 

Kajun

19 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Please look me up at the match and I’ll be glad to discuss it with you. 

I tried to keep it simple.

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

I tried to keep it simple.

Thank you...the KISS principle is always welcome! :lol:

Kajun

If your camping this year or just want to visit we will be cooking something most nights. Wednesday I plan to get the Brinkman out and cook up some burgers and dogs. If you want to join us come on over, bring something dead if you have it. If not we will probably have some extra laying around. I will say around 7:00 but those of you that have joined us before that can mean anytime between 6 and sleep. See everyone tomorrow.

Aw, dammit, Kajun, after all that I gotta mess with your matrix at the last minute.

Petey is sick & we're not gonna make it.  Been puny since we got home from AL; still has fever (so he's probably still contagious - tho does NOT have regular flu or covid or strep) and is hanging around the house suffering mightily & being meaner than a striped snake - y'all don't want him.

8 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Aw, dammit, Kajun, after all that I gotta mess with your matrix at the last minute.

Petey is sick & we're not gonna make it.  Been puny since we got home from AL; still has fever (so he's probably still contagious - tho does NOT have regular flu or covid or strep) and is hanging around the house suffering mightily & being meaner than a striped snake - y'all don't want him.

I hope he's better soon!

29 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Tell him to get better quick!

4 hours ago, MizPete said:

Sorry to hear this but I understand….hope he gets well soon. 

Kajun

What's the schedule look like? I am working Saturday and possibly Sunday (as usual). If we get finished early Saturday, may swing by.

19 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

What's the schedule look like? I am working Saturday and possibly Sunday (as usual). If we get finished early Saturday, may swing by.

Shooting starts at 9am, we finished a little after 1pm today.  

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Shooting starts at 9am, we finished a little after 1pm today.  

I doubt ill be done by then. Lots of hand digging to do.

On 5/14/2023 at 9:01 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

Glad you could make it. And, congrats on your win!

1 minute ago, Max Payne said:

Glad you could make it. And, congrats on your win!

Thanks!

I know I'll forget someone so please thank everyone that put that together; hopefully we can come back next year! 

Archived