SASS Wire Forum

CZ Sharptail, where to get parts

Hey RR,

I don't own a CZ (but I wish I did!).

I know that both of these good gentleman work on them.

www.grinergunworks.com

https://www.longhunt.com/web/index.php

Until someone more knowledgeable chimes in, this would be a place to start.

Good luck!

--Doc

4 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

. If your CZ has been slicked up the factory repair Department may not fix any problems.  And some companies have been know to stamp them " Defective Do  not shoot" before they return them to the owner I would think you would be better off going to someone like Long Hunter for repair.

I have tried to get parts from CZ 3 times now and all 3 times they said they would ship them right out but I never saw a single part ( they were springs) not sure what the problem is 

After examining the gun looks like the pin that holds the cocking arm lever fell out causing the cocking arm lever to fall out.

so the left side won’t cock and the switch to fire which barrel first is locked up.

3 hours ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

I have tried to get parts from CZ 3 times now and all 3 times they said they would ship them right out but I never saw a single part ( they were springs) not sure what the problem is 

I've had ditzoids ship small part in little paper envelopes.  Post office runs them through machines where they clog up. Get a ripped up envelope with no part or nothing at all.  

2 hours ago, runs with scissors said:

Have done several repairs on my CZ sharptail.

Several repairs?!?

What were the issues?

I just purchased a CZ Sharptail Coach, which I haven't picked up yet.  It was more than I would have liked to have spent on a coach gun, but from what I read it is supposed to be a good quality shotgun, so I went ahead and bought it despite the cost..

These posts have gotten me worried though.  I am hoping it turns out to be a good shotgun and parts won't become an issue...

I've worked on a couple of them. Parts were not plentiful and some were simply not available.

23 hours ago, Cemetery said:

Several repairs?!?

What were the issues?

Cemetary,

No issues, Sorry bad choice of words.  Should have said "modifications". 

Gun has been great and I love it.  So much so that I am thinking of buying a second one as my backup shotgun.

LQ has slicked it up for me to make it easier to open, cut down the center extractor, modified it so it opens wider, bent the opening lever and put on a brass bead sight.

I use it constantly so just recently he has installed a new firing pin spring as the original has gotten weak.

As far as parts go, LQ seems to be able to get them.

21 hours ago, runs with scissors said:

Cemetary,

No issues, Sorry bad choice of words.  Should have said "modifications". 

Gun has been great and I love it.  So much so that I am thinking of buying a second one as my backup shotgun.

LQ has slicked it up for me to make it easier to open, cut down the center extractor, modified it so it opens wider, bent the opening lever and put on a brass bead sight.

I use it constantly so just recently he has installed a new firing pin spring as the original has gotten weak.

As far as parts go, LQ seems to be able to get them.

Who is LQ?

26 minutes ago, runs with scissors said:

LQ Jones gunsmith at Island gun works.

Is there a website, facebook, or instagram page?

Neither Google nor DuckDuckGo are giving results for Island Gun Works.  LQ Jones Gunsmith only turns up with results for the actor.

Archived