SASS Wire Forum

1952 Flxible Sightseer. It's ready for a road trip.

What you suppose those pistols above the Thompsons are?

I first thought 1911s, but then I looked at the magazine base plates. I know of no 1911 magazine that has a takedown base plate like that. Beretta does. Walter does. HK does.  But not 1911

41 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What you suppose those pistols above the Thompsons are?

I first thought 1911s, but then I looked at the magazine base plates. I know of no 1911 magazine that has a takedown base plate like that. Beretta does. Walter does. HK does.  But not 1911

I think they are 1911 - I have some magazines from IPSC days with plastic bumpers that glued on to aid seating and to pad the drop a bit.  They have a screw hole in the center which some used to fasten more securely and some didn't.

25 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I wish I was a mogul instead of a mongrel.

22 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............... me too ........    :blush:

..... I still do ........ :blush::blush::blush:

:rolleyes:

That guy must be rich. I mean RICH rich.

Those Thompsons are held in place with a leather belt with a metal buckle. Even if those are West Hurley's, you're looking at about 20K each. If they're Colts you're looking at 40 to 50. I don't know too many people that would be willing to strap down a $20,000 gun with a metal buckle up against bare gunmetal.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That guy must be rich. I mean RICH rich.

Those Thompsons are held in place with a leather belt with a metal buckle. Even if those are West Hurley's, you're looking at about 20K each. If they're Colts you're looking at 40 to 50. I don't know too many people that would be willing to strap down a $20,000 gun with a metal buckle up against bare gunmetal.

Heck it a round about way , it's mine I help pay for it :)

https://magpul.com/

I'm starting to think they're fake.

The Thompson vertical forearm is held on with a long screw that runs completely through the forearm. There are five Thompsons in that rack. From the left, number one shows a screw head. Number two has a dent. Number three has a screw head. Number four has a dent. And number five has neither one.

31 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I think they are 1911 - I have some magazines from IPSC days with plastic bumpers that glued on to aid seating and to pad the drop a bit.  They have a screw hole in the center which some used to fasten more securely and some didn't.

Ed Brown makes a screw on pad for 1911 mags 

31 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm starting to think they're fake.

The Thompson vertical forearm is held on with a long screw that runs completely through the forearm. There are five Thompsons in that rack. From the left, number one shows a screw head. Number two has a dent. Number three has a screw head. Number four has a dent. And number five has neither one.

They very well maybe , as this is a show piece. But I know some that only had a horizontal grip (military) so they may have added the foregrip ??? or age broken so added a screw through it ??? Still cool looking 

5 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Heck it a round about way , it's mine I help pay for it :)

https://magpul.com/

5 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Pretty sure I helped the cause quite a bit myself.

Me too. I plan to help the cause a little more and buy one of those 50 round drum mags for my PC Carbine once I move. :D

That bus is too cool. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Me too. I plan to help the cause a little more and buy one of those 50 round drum mags for my PC Carbine once I move. :D

That bus is too cool. 

If you come through northern Indiana on your move, your welcome to a bed at the house. You can sit on the floor in my den and play with magazines like building blocks with my grandson and giggle. 

58 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

If you come through northern Indiana on your move, your welcome to a bed at the house. You can sit on the floor in my den and play with magazines like building blocks with my grandson and giggle. 

When I moved I have 2 wheeled Pelican cases  (large from Military) guy started to lift them then quicky changed to using the wheels, asked what the heck in here ? Magazines and not the reading type :)  

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

:lol: Thanks :lol:

Here in Granola Land you can only have 10 round mags. I have a bunch of 20 and 30 rounders with rivets in them that limit  the mag to 10. Those rivets will be gone in July. ;)

I don't have 2 pelican cases worth though....maybe 1.

Archived