Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Dantankerous - Found a GP100 - BOUGHT IT!


Recommended Posts

SCROLL DOWN: 

Per our PMs I found a used GP100. The guy claims only 50 rounds through it. Selling it because he needs the money. $700. 
 

I can’t load photos into PMs so I am posting them here. So weird you can’t send photos in PMs. 
 

1517B4F7-A5C0-46FD-91FA-4F845D6FC2C6.thumb.jpeg.7e499adec4276a64fc9f43342eb62ce5.jpeg

 

AFAB7BD1-2BB8-45F8-8EB0-4AAF55C13AD5.thumb.jpeg.8c002f5e603710e28cdde6c89233675c.jpeg

 

780953DC-B70E-4C6F-B00C-5C6B7A2F6D46.thumb.jpeg.a4edbc52333771f0ab5d5a145553c6c9.jpeg

 

0D797488-D9C7-485F-B609-71A34900D1B9.thumb.jpeg.5002aa96d6377217ad436c284011fe08.jpeg

 

D462494D-0B23-4DAB-9DDE-4AF2F60B532F.thumb.jpeg.c20aab816acd0ceeb3f114fc17587108.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're gonna like that revolver. Stout yet smooth. Typical Ruger. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great looking shooter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Is that blue steel, or blackened stainless?

 

 

I thought all GP100s were stainless.

Ruger says it’s blued steel. They look black to me. 
 

I actually wanted a stainless gun but decided that with the serious lack of guns, new or used, on the shelves and online that I could forego that. On top of that the supply of all revolvers except for “Snubbies” is literally nil here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

@Dantankerous

Per our PMs I found a used GP100. The guy claims only 50 rounds through it. Selling it because he needs the money. $700. 
 

I can’t load photos into PMs so I am posting them here. So weird you can’t send photos in PMs. 
 

 

image.png.9c6eba42eb66f069eb764bdda3fd0b25.png

 

image.png.f9427db58053f29898aa452052bc459c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that wish to know how to post pics to a PM, I've created a link to a Post I made in image.png.8c9ddbcefcc27e879bdeebc5f71fc9a4.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a stainless GP100 I purchased when I lived in Cali, (From The Stockade. A place close to you).  Love that gun.  Really stout, straight shooter.  I would use it as my cary if it weren't so big.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I have a stainless GP100 I purchased when I lived in Cali, (From The Stockade. A place close to you).  Love that gun.  Really stout, straight shooter.  I would use it as my cary if it weren't so big.

Oh boy, The Stockade! That place is gone. They consolidated everything at their main store, Fowler’s Gun Room. Those people have lost their minds. Prices WAY too high. It’s a shame, really. New family members took over. 
 

I bought several guns at The Stockade years ago. I no longer have any of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats on the purchase!  I love mine.  

 

I recommend putting a spring kit in it.  It really made my revolver much nicer to shoot.  Click on the link below:

 

Wolff Shooter's Spring Pack Ruger GP100 Reduced Power (midwayusa.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dogonnit, Pat, that's plumb cool!  :)

 

I likes my 1998 vintage ~ it's every bit as rugged as the folks above say they are.  The one I have is as accurate as I could expect - sorta.  It likes high-speed rounds quite well.  But with relatively low-powered Cowboy loads (actually not that low-powered), it's more likely to pattern than group.

 

But it is fun!  ^_^

 

 

       Resized_20220211_092038.jpeg.00edcf6f3a5f80b37673eab29e4b791d.jpeg     Resized_20220211_092703.jpeg.b27b58f45a6ce36bfc4e350e5812d4e0.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Congrats on the purchase!  I love mine.  

 

I recommend putting a spring kit in it.  It really made my revolver much nicer to shoot.  Click on the link below:

 

Wolff Shooter's Spring Pack Ruger GP100 Reduced Power (midwayusa.com)

Thanks TN Mongo. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Dogonnit, Pat, that's plumb cool!  :)

 

I likes my 1998 vintage ~ it's every bit as rugged as the folks above say they are.  The one I have is as accurate as I could expect - sorta.  It likes high-speed rounds quite well.  But with relatively low-powered Cowboy loads (actually not that low-powered), it's more likely to pattern than group.

 

But it is fun!  ^_^

 

 

       Resized_20220211_092038.jpeg.00edcf6f3a5f80b37673eab29e4b791d.jpeg     Resized_20220211_092703.jpeg.b27b58f45a6ce36bfc4e350e5812d4e0.jpeg

 

Oooh…Me likey! :D

 

I wanted a stainless one and I kind of wanted a longer barrel…but there are none to be had unless one pays stupid high prices right now. My wife actually said “Wouldn’t that barrel make it easier to carry and to sit and move around?” Very astute lady. :wub:

 

I go pay for it and transfer it tomorrow. Then the loooooong 10 day wait begins…

I gotta drive 90 miles to buy it. I hope people don’t think I am weird flying up the freeway with a stupid grin on my face. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine is a 4" barrel. Last time I was target shooting with it I was thinking a 6" barrel would be more better. Perhaps even a Dan Wesson or a Smith and Wesson or another Ruger, only 6". Hmmmm. This madness never ever ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oooh…Me likey! :D

 

I wanted a stainless one and I kind of wanted a longer barrel…but there are none to be had unless one pays stupid high prices right now. My wife actually said “Wouldn’t that barrel make it easier to carry and to sit and move around?” Very astute lady. :wub:

 

I go pay for it and transfer it tomorrow. Then the loooooong 10 day wait begins…

I gotta drive 90 miles to buy it. I hope people don’t think I am weird flying up the freeway with a stupid grin on my face. :D

 

Ninety mile's nuttin' for a toy, Pat.  :)

 

And enjoy that short barrel!  I just plopped mine on the scale - with its 6-inch barrel, it weighs 44.6 ounces empty.  Add about three ounces with six .38s or maybe four with .357s and it adds up to right at three pounds.  :rolleyes:

 

Heck, even empty it's a dual-purpose close quarters self-defense weapon!  ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

Ninety mile's nuttin' for a toy, Pat.  :)

 

And enjoy that short barrel!  I just plopped mine on the scale - with its 6-inch barrel, it weighs 44.6 ounces empty.  Add about three ounces with six .38s or maybe four with .357s and it adds up to right at three pounds.  :rolleyes:

 

Heck, even empty it's a dual-purpose close quarters self-defense weapon!  ^_^

:) Yeah, 90 miles in my Miata? Zoom Zoom! Should take just a little over an hour. :D
 

Per the specs the one I am buying is 40 ounces. Should be heavy enough to mitigate recoil but not too heavy to carry. The Redhawk I was wishing for is 52 ounces. :o I may have one of those one day too. ;)

 

I would bet you could clobber somebody with that bruiser. That’s a good looking revolver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stand corrected.  Mine is a 4".  I purchased it used and it already had a trigger job done to it and new grips installed.  The previous owner had only put about 100 rounds through it.  He was a business owner in Little Saigon and bought it to keep in the shop.  After all that work, he decided he wanted a semi-auto and sold it to Stockade for the pistol.  His loss was my gain.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Calamity Kris said:

Mine

thumbnail-10.jpg

I like it!
How do you like your grips?

I kind of wish the one I am buying had those grips then I would have an excuse to buy some of this guy’s grip panels:

http://chigsgrips.com/
 

I wouldn’t change anything until I shoot it a while though. I am not a big fan of rubber grips but sometimes they are just fine for some guns. 
My S&W 327 NG wears rubber grips and I would never change these:

DFC6A6EB-0064-4C6E-9CC7-3767FFF53035.thumb.jpeg.2c6acf52b475413da8c0abdd9af19acf.jpeg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like my grips.  A lot.  Uno does too.  He's offered many times to buy the gun from me.  Not happening.

 

Note: Uno tells me those are Ruger standard grips that are no longer made.  Many people want them but can't get them.  I won't part with them!!!  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE:
I am now the proud owner of my very first Ruger double action revolver. 
I bought that used Ruger GP100. The young man I bought it from claims he only fired less than 50 rounds through it. He gave me what he had left of his ammo, which is 54 rounds of what appears to be remanufactured.38 Spl ammo. In our conversation he said he only bought 100 rounds of ammo when he got the gun because that was all he could find. I choose to believe him. I am pulling that ammo apart. I don’t trust reman ammo. 

I had to drive 86 miles to do the transfer and now my gun is in CA Purgatory for 10 days. I pick it up on Feb. 22. I paid $700 for it. I am happy with the purchase and can’t wait to shoot my new toy. 
I know on another thread I said I wanted a longer barreled .357, but this thing just spoke to me when I saw the photos. 

Here is a photo I took of it today:

F8BCA67B-3E0A-48E8-AC94-BC17AD6A7A5E.thumb.jpeg.c1eef658efe2eb5d182571767dac03d1.jpeg
 

By the way @Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 One hour and 15 mins door to door. Love that Miata…and that was with some traffic stopped areas a couple of times in the middle of nowhere. ;)
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will only initiate a much larger addiction. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeaconKC said:

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 beautiful gun!

 

And I love how you named your Prius "Miata"...;)

Them’s fightin’ words, there Bub! :lol:
 

By the way, it’s not Prius. It’s ****ing Prius. Hate those cars. Always in the way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AND they be plumb vers-a-tile, too!  :)

 

Lunched the clutch on my truck earlier this week, and dangit, needed to finish a fence project - had to get a 50' roll of 5' welded wire fabric and two 8' 1 X 4's home.  No prob ~ fire up the Miata!!  :lol:

 

But I really DO need one o' them folding baby-buggy gun carts....  :ph34r:

 

 

image.png.ec5fb8aa3c92530cc510df618ac374d7.png

 

Resized_20220212_150104.jpeg.c4969ea1ebfdd76c43324f483f10e03c.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine is the 6" 357 stainless version, 172-63xxx from 1992 when Bill Clinton was the best gun salesman.
It is my favorite shooter.

Hard to believe I could sell it today for 4x what I paid when it was new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.