SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

15 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

440960169_2862967340521535_3662076800941037168_n.jpg.1a1f9607283bddcabc84082653926b54.jpg

Our dipsticks aren't just in DC, we have some number of them in each state.

I tip my hat to you for this post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

My English girlfriend, many decades back, had been raised in what was then British Guyana.  Based on life experience, she would entirely remove coating before eating anything batter fried.  I never cared to ask her just what interesting morsel she had encountered.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:09 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

438256343_10159987940246964_1538167965865357548_n.jpg.c8c3fe83bc0fa238aca75cfce0b27057.jpg

After 17 1/2 years of selling seeds and feed it is second nature, even the non easy opening ones are no problem. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

even the non easy opening ones are no problem. 

Absolutely no problem. I ignore that damn string and open up my razor knife. Bag comes right open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

After 17 1/2 years of selling seeds and feed it is second nature, even the non easy opening ones are no problem. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Oddly to me anyway, the black pull strip on bird seed bags is on the bottom rather than the top. What a mess it makes!:lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Oddly to me anyway, the black pull strip on bird seed bags is on the bottom rather than the top. What a mess it makes!:lol:

Eyesa, have you ever considered turning the bag upside down before you open it? It might not make as big a mess that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Eyesa, have you ever considered turning the bag upside down before you open it? It might not make as big a mess that way.

I actually do:P, but then all pictures of the birds look like they're in Australia!:P

• Haha 4

Cobb & Co. coach and horses outside Harcourt, Warburton,
Victoria . Circa 1880s . MV
On 30 January 1854, American businessman Freeman Cobb and three associates started a passenger coach service to Castlemaine and Bendigo.
The passenger service left the Criterion Hotel, Collins Street every morning (Sundays excepted) at 6:00am.
The coach stopped at Essendon, Keilor, Gap, Gisborne, Woodend, Carlshrue, Kyneton, Malmsbury and Elphinstone.
Through spring to autumn they arrived in Castlemaine before sunset. Connecting services to Bendigo and Maryborough left from the Victoria Hotel Castlemaine at 6:00am the following morning.
Their business proved so successful that routes were expanded across Victoria. They transported not only passengers around the state, but also prisoners, VIPs, and the mail.
Their services to the goldfields were particularly popular.
A fare to Castlemaine cost five pounds, to Bendigo seven pounds and to Maryborough, 124 miles away, seven pounds, ten shillings.
In 1897, poet Henry Lawson described the coach-towns and experiences of the drivers in the poem The lights of Cobb and Co.:
‘Five miles this side the gold-field, a loud, triumphant shout:
Five hundred cheering diggers have snatched the horses out:
With ‘Auld Lang Syne’ in chorus through roaring camps they go—
That cheer for her, and cheer for Home, and cheer for Cobb and Co.’
In May 1856 Freeman Cobb sold up and returned to the United States.
He eventually settled in South Africa where he established another Cobb and Co., providing transport between Port Elizabeth and the diamond mines of the Kimberley.
In Australia Cobb and Co. was purchased by American James Rutherford.
He expanded business to New South Wales and Queensland. The final Cobb and Co. coach journey took place in South West Queensland on 14 August 1924.
The coach which made the run was bought by the Federal Treasury for £100 and eventually placed in the National Museum.

139078823_10224115348776767_276599498956002786_n.jpg.a2da8a07eb51a5294e584255bd0a0070.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5