SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

Now I have heard of A cups and B cups and C cups. D cups and E cups and even occasionally F cups.

But T cups????

That's a new one on me.

• Haha 4

Hummm. Hot tea carried there, that way??

No trays for the waitresses in Australia at that time?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Hummm. Hot tea carried there, that way??

No trays for the waitresses in Australia at that time?

......... none, apparently, needed .......  -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The word “Ample” vividly illustrated!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t remember meat safes, but around here, the smokehouse was the prevalent way to preserve meat.

My grandfather’s smokehouse was pretty much free of insects of any kind because of the smoke when it was fired and because of screens and the residual smoke smell.

That old man would smoke just about anything and he had an apple orchard and hickory trees EVERYWHERE!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

BUT WAIT!!

Peanut Butter Bacon Shake

920 cal

Product-Image IDP PBB-ShakeWant Exclusive Perks?

Creamy peanut butter and crispy bacon hand-mixed into sweet, vanilla soft serve and topped with whipped topping and a cherry.

About the Peanut Butter Bacon Shake

What's Included
Bacon
Peanut Butter
Vanilla Soft Serve
Whip Topping
Cherry Fruit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

@Blackwater 53393 that must be a small.  The AOL article claims 1,720 calories:

"The largest size packs an incredible 1,720 calories, with 118 grams of fat and 128 grams of sugar. It also boasts 55 grams of saturated fat, which is 275% of the recommended daily value."

If they gave everyone on death row unlimited access to these.....they wouldn't have to do anymore executions :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

If they gave everyone on death row unlimited access to these.....they wouldn't have to do anymore executions :) 

Unfortunately no, we would foot the bill for heart surgery so we can continue paying for prison housing so we can pay for an expensive execution.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-04-19-mn-2085-story.html

Edited by sassnetguy50
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:18 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Meat safes to keep the blow flies off....were these a thing in the U.S before refrigeration ?

423538718_406242068511692_1128347221657438520_n.thumb.jpg.a90051b16bac5480ef36ddcb909b1a88.jpg

423672210_406239651845267_7837654829632286756_n.thumb.jpg.15efdf17131384965712afd66022091d.jpg

In some areas, prior to getting electricity into the area, it was fresh killed meat, dried and canned or jarred meats and fish, smoked meat, pemmican etc. if there was no ice or an ice store house to keep blocks during the summer months, especially around the isolated reserves.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

In some areas, prior to getting electricity into the area, it was fresh killed meat, dried and canned or jarred meats and fish, smoked meat, pemmican etc. if there was no ice or an ice store house to keep blocks during the summer months, especially around the isolated reserves.

I suppose something I didn't think about and what makes meat safes more Aussie centric is that in Canada and the U.S having meat hanging in a meat safe would have been a dangerous thing as it would have been a bear attractant? 

• Like 5

When I read your question about meat safe, I immediately thought of pie safes. Pretty much what your picture showed, but to my knowledge they were used to keep fresh baked goods in. The bugs couldn't get in the little holes punched in it but air could get in and out, so your pies or bread could cool.

According to this wiki article they were also used as meat safes. This I did not know.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_safe

• Like 2

For the most part, pies nor meat neither one lasted long enough around my folks’ houses to need a safe!!

When it came out of the oven, a pie was pure history!  Meat went on the stove as soon as it was brought in and was gone before the plates stopped rattling on the table!

My dad’s family included 13 children and my mom’s was 12!!  AND ALL OF ‘EM WAS ALWAYS HUNGRY!! <_< :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I suppose something I didn't think about and what makes meat safes more Aussie centric is that in Canada and the U.S having meat hanging in a meat safe would have been a dangerous thing as it would have been a bear attractant? 

Not just bears, but cougars (4 legged kind) wildcats, wolves, coyotes, wolverines, eagles, vultures, Sasquatch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

With Valentine’s Day coming up this is genius!

hmmmmm… maybe not 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Flowers last less than a week.... That bucket is good 365 days for years and years :) :) :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3