SASS Wire Forum

This could apply to allot of the shooting sports

Buckshot Bob

My Occupational Therapist asked me "So, what  kind of gun can I get that's cheap, but reliable?"

I tried to explain that if he wanted reliable he needs to spend some money and he wasn't having any of it.

I gave up and told him "Get yourself  a  Hi-Point C9. You want cheap and  reliable, there you go."

A week later when I saw him  he said the guys at the gun store made him feel bad  when he asked about buying one.  He said "they picked  on me. Why did you tell me to get  one of those"

I said "Because your a cheap @$$ and that is the cheap you deserve.  You didn't want to hear about reliability and  wanted  to be cheap. The Hi-Point is cheap"

Then he said "Yeah, but it's not Cool." :blink:

I said "From here on out NEVER talk to me about guns. Ever!"

And that was the last Gun conversation we had. I know  we need more Pro 2A people  in the world but we  don't need fools and  idiots.

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A week later when I saw him  he said the guys at the gun store made him feel bad  when he asked about buying one.  He said "they picked  on me. Why did you tell me to get  one of those"

I would have told him that he should have turned around and walked out of the store. If the dorks at the gun store we're more interested in making fun of him than in making $150 sale, find some place that wanted his money.

Another cheap and reliable, or so I have been told, is a EAA Windicator. I would not have one, because it is ugly as sin. But from what I've heard, it goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I would have told him that he should have turned around and walked out of the store. If the dorks at the gun store we're more interested in making fun of him than in making $150 sale, find some place that wanted his money.

Another cheap and reliable, or so I have been told, is a EAA Windicator. I would not have one, because it is ugly as sin. But from what I've heard, it goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

I agree but he is more interested in looking cool with a gun than anything else. I told him the first thing he should do is go to the local range and take gun safety classes. His first response was "How much does that cost?" I said "Around  50 to 75 dollars" He said "too much."

I am done with him. He's just a giggle boy.

44 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I agree but he is more interested in looking cool with a gun than anything else. I told him the first thing he should do is go to the local range and take gun safety classes. His first response was "How much does that cost?" I said "Around  50 to 75 dollars" He said "too much."

I am done with him. He's just a giggle boy.

Yeah...

So compare the cost of a cheap gun to the cost of 1,500 rounds of ammo to get reasonably competent with it.

Then training is a bargain by comparison.

And on the subject of Hi Point, a Sig SP2022 is less than $400 and with maintenance can run 200,000 rounds. That Hi Point will likely need to go back to the factory before 2,000 rounds (it does have lifetime warranty but still...). So really, which gun is cheaper?

I suppose if all you want is a nightstand gun and run a box of ammo each year, the Hi Point might last a lifetime. But the way I use and practice with my carry guns, it wouldn't last a year.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I spend a lot on guns and gun-related things, toy trains, and my pocket watch and walking stick collections.

The rest I spend on frivolities such as food, the mortgage, utility bills and other non-necessities.

Reminds me of an old cowboy when asked what he did with all his money. he replied,  Most of it went to whiskey and women and guess I wasted the rest!     GW

I've seen several ads on the Wire over the years going something like this:

New shooter needs guns! Looking for slicked up 1873, smithed SKB, and pair of race-ready Vaqueros! Must be cheap! ("affordable", "reasonable", whatever).

How many sellers with a $4500 set of guns are going to sell them for $1600 because of an ad like this? :lol:

Archived