SASS Wire Forum

What would you do if you bought a handgun that turned out to be stolen?

10 hours ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

I had no idea I was initiating such controversy. :blink:

Are you kidding? Some of us enjoy this type of entertainment. It's like cowboy Jerry Springer TV!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

Yes. Under the butt.

I didn't start this thread to have a lively debate about databases and serial numbers. I was just looking for some advice about what options I may have and suggestions of what I should do next. 

Use the documents you have to request a refund from the shop where you got it.

it is possible for guns from different manufacturers o have the same numbers. Sometimes the details like Colt or S&W are neglected when reported.

2 hours ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

And now this thread has been unceremoniously kicked off the main wire and relegated to the back room. :wacko:

Feel honered!!!

4 pages!!! (Apparently some are not reading prior posts)

Lets keep it on the Saloon!!

Come on page 5! (Clink)

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Feel honered!!!

4 pages!!! (Apparently some are not reading prior posts)

Lets keep it on the Saloon!!

Come on page 5! (Clink)

I'll be back. I got some baking to do.

4 hours ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

And now this thread has been unceremoniously kicked off the main wire and relegated to the back room. :wacko:

Huh? It was in “the back room”. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

Well, we all want the cornbread recipe now.:rolleyes:

Remember, sugar goes in iced tea, NOT cornbread!

56 minutes ago, Fox Creek Stitcher said:

Well, we all want the cornbread recipe now.:rolleyes:

Only if it works. :P

52 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Remember, sugar goes in iced tea, NOT cornbread!

Dam straight!

HUMPH!

WE have a better method!

All our LEGALLY owned handguns are required to be registered by the Federal (mis)Government Canadian Firearms Centre.

THEY would have been able to tell if the serial numbers were from a stolen firearm right away!

trust them.

They would never miss re-registering a handgun to a new owner...................................Oh wait............

UH! Wait! How did that happen???????????? Please stand by for a visit from the RCMP.

17 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh man...no page 5 YET???:rolleyes:

We're working on it. I feel confident that the cornbread recipe will put us over the edge. We're all waiting on the edge of our chairs.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

HUMPH!

WE have a better method!

All our LEGALLY owned handguns are required to be registered by the Federal (mis)Government Canadian Firearms Centre.

THEY would have been able to tell if the serial numbers were from a stolen firearm right away!

trust them.

They would never miss re-registering a handgun to a new owner...................................Oh wait............

UH! Wait! How did that happen???????????? Please stand by for a visit from the RCMP.

And just imagine:

Canadians have had to register handguns and Full Auto firearms since 1934 and we still have criminals with unregistered handguns and now prohibited F.A.  shooting up their neighbourhoods in drug turf wars! 

whoda thunk it ?!?!?!?! 

Makes wonder if criminals read the law or care about it?

Colt made a 1911 serial number #21,000. Remington-UMC also made a 1911 #21,000. And the Argentine factory DGFM (FMAP) also made a 1911 SN #21,000.

On top of that, Colt made a SN#21,000 in .38 Super, plus a SN #C21,000 in which event gun shops often leave off the "C" when logging in serial numbers. So just in this one example alone there are at least five 1911s out there with the same exact serial number.

Archived